2012-2013 University of Arizona Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an email saying another round of acceptances was sent out and final decisions will be made by the end of the week. I feel like it is the end of the week

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email saying another round of acceptances was sent out and final decisions will be made by the end of the week. I feel like it is the end of the week
Same here. However, we all still have 1 more chance...and at least we only need to wait until tomorrow to find out! Best of luck to you all!

It seems like if we were accepted, we would have been in that round of accepts. Maybe not. But I have a feeling the final decisions will be between wait list and a rejection. Doesn't it seem weird to send out one round of acceptances on Thursday and then another on Friday?

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like if we were accepted, we would have been in that round of accepts. Maybe not. But I have a feeling the final decisions will be between wait list and a rejection. Doesn't it seem weird to send out one round of acceptances on Thursday and then another on Friday?

:thumbup:

Agreed. I think the final decision will be making the wait list. They usually imply if there are still more acceptances; in this email they did not. Best of luck still, and remember that there were over 60 people who did not originally get acceptance that ended up getting in (from a page early in this thread detailing number of acceptances and number of students who chose another school). I feel like these people were most likely put on the wait list, but as I am not in admissions I cannot say for sure.

Just received waitlist email. Interviewed 9/14. Withdrawing so hopefully it'll help someone's chances!

just got rejected... interviewed 10/2 =( Good luck to everyone else!

just got rejected... interviewed 10/2 =( Good luck to everyone else!

Sorry to hear that. I may be in the same boat soon. Before your rejection email did you get the email about "More accepts went out today, you will be notified of your final status by the end of the week." ???

Accepted today!
Asian first generation American. In-state resident undergrad Arizona State. 30M MCAT, 3.99 science/math and 4.00 overall GPA. I submitted my secondary on 7/25 and did an interview on 9/18 (the second day!).

Good luck to everyone... waiting a long time.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. I may be in the same boat soon. Before your rejection email did you get the email about "More accepts went out today, you will be notified of your final status by the end of the week." ???

I got both the more acceptances email and the rejection email today about an hour apart good luck to you all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also rejected. IS 4.0gpa, MCAT29N. Interviewed November 9th.

Wait listed. Interviewed 2/9.

Anyone have any information on the wait list? Like how many people are on it? Chances of beig accepted off the wait list? When movement is expected to begin?

Last edited:
Rejected... Can't say I wasn't expecting it. IS and interviewed in late october

I am also wait listed. Interviewed 1/12.
"The entering class of 2013 will be finalized on August 1st. While it is still possible for there to be movement until August 1, 2013, it is highly unlikely. We will confirm your status on that date which will close your application for the 2012–2013 Application Cycle."
Are they saying that it is highly unlikely that wait listed applicants will be accepted or that it's unlikely that they will accept applicants until that late in the cycle?? :confused:

I am also wait listed. Interviewed 1/12.
"The entering class of 2013 will be finalized on August 1st. While it is still possible for there to be movement until August 1, 2013, it is highly unlikely. We will confirm your status on that date which will close your application for the 2012–2013 Application Cycle."
Are they saying that it is highly unlikely that wait listed applicants will be accepted or that it's unlikely that they will accept applicants until that late in the cycle?? :confused:

I called because I thought the same thing. It's just poorly worded. What they mean is that most or all of the movement will occur before August 1, and that it's very unlikely to happen as it gets closer to and past August 1. May and June is when most of the movement occurs.

Hello Everyone, MS1 here to answer any questions. Reading these posts reminds me of how nervous I was at this time last year. Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those of you still waiting!

Hello Everyone, MS1 here to answer any questions. Reading these posts reminds me of how nervous I was at this time last year. Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those of you still waiting!

Hello! What's your favorite part about UACOM? Are you doing any of the distinction tracks?

What's your favorite part about UACOM?
The faculty is really supportive and always willing to help. If you're interested in shadowing, research, etc. It's not difficult to find someone who will let you work with them. There is a really good sense of community here.

Are you doing any of the distinction tracks?
Yes, I'm doing the Rural, Integrative Medicine, and possibly the CUP distinction tracks.

Btw.. the staff has not completed the Match list for 2013 yet but so far they do have a list of programs that students matched to.

Here's the list:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51862793/Match List Sheet.pdf

Gave up my seat today hope it goes to a SDNer. Good luck to all.
Ken

Gave up my seat today hope it goes to a SDNer. Good luck to all.
Ken
Thx for keeping us posted & for the well wishes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed (waitlisted)! Best of luck with your future endeavors!

Hey everyone,
Does anyone know approximately how many people they put on or take off the wait list? I am currently wait listed and I really liked the school. I know it can vary from year to year and I've seen in the past where rankings were released and the top 50 were likely to get a seat.
Thanks

Have any of the accepted applicants received award notifications? If not, does anyone have any idea when they will be sent out?

Have any of the accepted applicants received award notifications? If not, does anyone have any idea when they will be sent out?

I got a scholarship notification almost 2 months ago but if you log into your UAccess account using your netID (uaccess.arizona.edu) you can get a sneak peek even though they will be sending out email packages soon (according to the lady I spoke to when I called)

I got a scholarship notification almost 2 months ago but if you log into your UAccess account using your netID (uaccess.arizona.edu) you can get a sneak peek even though they will be sending out email packages soon (according to the lady I spoke to when I called)
You mean you were awarded a scholarship or were sent information to apply for it? On UAccess, all it says is "You have no financial aid awards available for viewing in this aid year. ."

You mean you were awarded a scholarship or were sent information to apply for it? On UAccess, all it says is "You have no financial aid awards available for viewing in this aid year. ."

I was awarded a scholarship. Maybe only current UA undergrads have financial aid info

Just withdrew my acceptance... hope it goes to someone on the WL... it was a tough one to withdraw, UofA is a great place! Good luck to those of you in the waiting game.

Just withdrew my acceptance... hope it goes to someone on the WL... it was a tough one to withdraw, UofA is a great place! Good luck to those of you in the waiting game.
Thx for keeping us WL'ers posted. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

I just withdrew my acceptance here, so good luck to everyone still waiting!

I received an email on 5/17 saying that they just started accepting people off of the waitlist. Did anyone else get that email?

yeah. i got that too. i expect everyone did. did anyone get a call?

yeah. i got that too. i expect everyone did. did anyone get a call?
On 5/17 I was accepted off the wait list but have chosen to attend another school. Im also a reapplicant so I have been in your shoes and want to wish you luck going forward, persistance pays off.

I got a call from UofA yesterday!! So excited! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist, keep your head up, and best of luck! Can't wait to meet some of you guys!

Congrats! Will you be attending?

Thank you. I don´t know yet where I´m going to attend, and they´ve given me two weeks to decide. I will definitely keep you posted!

Does anyone know where to find the match list for this or last year?

I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday via phone call and email. Not sure if I'm going to attend, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.