2012-2013 University of Arizona Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold email five minutes ago

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hold email five minutes ago

Same here. I guess it is better than a rejection, but I was hoping they would be making final decisions... acceptance, rejection or wait list. Maybe in another two weeks.

I was accepted today! still in shock. I'm OOS from Cali... interviewed on January 12th! :luck::laugh: good luck everyone!

I would imagine that February Interviewees, despite being told they were eligible for this round, likely all got hold emails as well. These people probably have a grip of files to go through.

Of course, someone could post here and prove me wrong.

I would imagine that February Interviewees, despite being told they were eligible for this round, likely all got hold emails as well. These people probably have a grip of files to go through.

Of course, someone could post here and prove me wrong.
I was told that us Feb 9th interviewees would not be considered this round....haven't received a hold or acceptance email so I guess its true! lol... who knows .....waiting til March I guess

Same here. I guess it is better than a rejection, but I was hoping they would be making final decisions... acceptance, rejection or wait list. Maybe in another two weeks.

I called after receiving the latest hold email, and the admission office indicated that there would be a final round of acceptances in mid-march, followed by wait list and rejection decisions towards the end of march.

That being said, in the few times I have called the admissions office since applying, I have noticed some variation in what/how much information they give out depending on the person who answers the phone. If any one else has heard something different, please correct me.

Has anyone who interviewed in February received an acceptance or rejection yet? I received a hold email today as well. I interviewed on Feb 9th.

Just got my acceptance email yesterday!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing.... I thought acceptances were sent in batches? When I called on Mon. I was told that we'd be waiting until at least next week....... The information is all over the place....HMMM!

Congrats. Wow that was a long wait, but worth it, for you:D

So I guess I still have hope. Interviewed 10/12.

Definitely. There should be a lot of movement on the wait list. I am guessing 80 spots or so. I have offers from both campuses and I am sure there are many like me who will have to decide between Tucson and Phoenix. This should result in several acceptances offered after April.

Good Luck,

Ken

Hey Guys!

Im a California resident. Hispanic URM with avg stats. 3.7GPA, 30MCAT.
I was wondering more or less how OOS friendly the school is to accept applicant. I have ZERO state ties to Arizona. I'm trying to compile my list of schools for the 2013-2014 cycle. Sounds like an awesome university I would love to apply, but also don't want to waste money if I have a very slim chance because of my OOS status.

Thank you for your help and Honesty. Congrats to everyone who got in here!

So it looks like they are releasing some trickle of acceptances but there will be 1 or 2 more large batches per ADCOM! Let's all keep the faith! :thumbup:

Does anyonw know how many acceptances Tucson will give out? I know Phoenix "over-accepts." Does Tucson do the same? If so, by how many?

Anyone know the school's policy of update letter / LOI? I know they mentioned something about it during my interview, but I can't remember the specifics.

Anyone know the school's policy of update letter / LOI? I know they mentioned something about it during my interview, but I can't remember the specifics.

They do not accept either anymore (the deadline was in December or something)

They do not accept either anymore (the deadline was in December or something)

Okay, does anyone know if this will still hold true after the wait list is revealed? As in, do they accept post-wait list letters?

Okay, does anyone know if this will still hold true after the wait list is revealed? As in, do they accept post-wait list letters?

Supposedly they will not be accepting them anymore this season even after the waitlist is announced. I am highly skeptical of this, however, since everyone will be sending one in anyway.

So it looks like they are releasing some trickle of acceptances but there will be 1 or 2 more large batches per ADCOM! Let's all keep the faith! :thumbup:

I was told the same, however this morning received in email that final notification will be end of march. So I don't get it....when will these two batches be? next week and the week after?

I was told the same, however this morning received in email that final notification will be end of march. So I don't get it....when will these two batches be? next week and the week after?
From the e-mail this morning, I got the vibe that there will only be one more round of acceptances at the end of March (as opposed to the 2 batches as told earlier), also at which they will be deciding the waitlist, or the dreaded "not accepted." I hope I'm wrong, as I would like as many chances as I can get....either way, I'm a little confused by it.

Ya.I'm with you

Last edited:
I called the admissions office today right before receiving the email sent out this morning. They said that the committee was a little behind, and that they would still be having 2 more rounds of acceptances before final decisions/wait list at the very end of march. So I am guessing the beginning of next week and the beginning of the following week?

Did everyone get a notification timeline email today? Or did some people get holds and acceptances today? Has anyone who interviewed in Feb. get accepted?

Does anyone know if there's a facebook group for the class yet?

Anyone have the match list for this years graduating class?

Same here. Does that mean the last round of acceptances will still be given at the end of this month?

Your guess is as good as mine. If they were so rushed to give out two rounds of acceptances I don't know why they didn't just accept twice as many kids in one round...

Guess I'll never understand the inner workings of an adcom :p

Called the office today. they said the committee was meeting one more time although the girl on the phone said she didn't know if they were meeting for another round of acceptances or to finalize the waitlist. ill guess that'll be just waitlist finalization with fewacceptances. she also said that they will not be releasingthe waitlist rank this year as in previous years (?)and that update letters are still not accepted even after waitlist is released.

sigh... this has been a depressing update.

Was accepted this past round: interviewed Feb 9th
Statz: msg me if you have any questions.

*I am praying for all of you* :love:

Last edited:
Accepted 3/21
Interviewed 2/12
OOS- Montana Resident, but born and raised in AZ, NAU Graduate.
31Q 3.6
Non-Trad, married with children

My husband is considering applying for employment at U of A because they had mentioned something about benefits that go along with that. Does anyone know more?

Congrats... Glad to hear your a fellow Non-Trad!
I think there is a link on the U of A website that speaks to employment-tuition-benefits...sorry I couldn't be of more assistance

Congrats all on acceptance to UA Tucson! I also interviewed with them and am IS. I haven't heard a decision from them which I am assuming is bad. I am now trying to asses if I should apply again this year for med school or wait a year. I was wondering for the people who got accepted what were your stats and ECs like? Feel free to pm if you don't want the info public! Muchas gracias!

Status
Not open for further replies.