You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 University of Maryland Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
waitlisted via mail
Wen did you interview
9/24 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hang in there. You interviewed on the first day of interviews, they must be interested in you.
Anyone else complete early Aug and still havent heard back? IS
Here, here. I had a thought today that they might be interviewing OOS ppl first over IS because they know that us IS'ers will have a much greater affinity to the school, so a late interview for an IS won't really affect the decision to matriculate. Whereas, a late interview for an OOS, especially one with higher stats, might risk the applicant canceling the interview due to having already gained an acceptance(s), removing the opportunity for UMD to court those applicants.
Its nice logic but you are wrong. i interviewed late sept. and 100% ofthe ppl were in state. we went around and said where we were from. 100% in state. all 20 ppl
Its nice logic but you are wrong. i interviewed late sept. and 100% ofthe ppl were in state. we went around and said where we were from. 100% in state. all 20 ppl
Damn.
thanks 🙂 i really hope soHang in there. You interviewed on the first day of interviews, they must be interested in you.
Here, here. I had a thought today that they might be interviewing OOS ppl first over IS because they know that us IS'ers will have a much greater affinity to the school, so a late interview for an IS won't really affect the decision to matriculate. Whereas, a late interview for an OOS, especially one with higher stats, might risk the applicant canceling the interview due to having already gained an acceptance(s), removing the opportunity for UMD to court those applicants.
I know someone (an IS applicant) who got an interview date merely days after submitting the secondary. And that person applied rather late in the cycle...in October. Good stats for sure, but not extraordinary.
So U MD is probably not looking at applications in order.
Is anyone who interviewed in September still waiting to hear a decision?
yes. private message me if you want to discuss...
Yeah, I interviewed on Sept. 26th and have yet to hear back. I know that someone who interviewed on Oct 1st has already heard back. I've been slightly on edge from the waiting game and also not receiving a phone call, but all I can do is sit tight I guess.Is anyone who interviewed in September still waiting to hear a decision?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they have specific days they review files for acceptance or is just every day of the week? I would assume they are not discussing decisions on Mondays or Wednesday because those are interview days.
I am not sure if there are specific days, but I know committee does meet on Mondays sometimes, even though there are interviews that dayDoes anyone know if they have specific days they review files for acceptance or is just every day of the week? I would assume they are not discussing decisions on Mondays or Wednesday because those are interview days.
just sent in a LOI pre-interview, was complete early aug and havent heard a word. IS
Let me know how that works out for you, if you please.
Let me know how that works out for you, if you please.
will do!
rejected today, OOS
stats in MDapps
mail or email?
mail or email?
rejected today, OOS
stats in MDapps
Wow man, you have a great app too. That's got me worried.
Wow man, you have a great app too. That's got me worried.
i think OOS is what got me! Best of luck to you!
i think OOS is what got me! Best of luck to you!
If you don't mind me asking, did you have any ties to Maryland? I wonder if that has an effect on the decision.
If you don't mind me asking, did you have any ties to Maryland? I wonder if that has an effect on the decision.
Nope, none whatsoever!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED! interviewed 9/26, best day of my life.
I understand your joy! I am ACCEPTED too!!!!! I interviewed 10/08
haha hey congratulations. mail or phone call? if by mail, did you ever get a phone call? i'm still waitingACCEPTED! interviewed 9/26, best day of my life.
+1 Accepted😍
Hey Kuntash, you interviewed October 8th right? How did you hear your acceptance? Phone, email, letter?
AND CONGRATS,,!!!!!!! UMD SOM is a great school!
I understand your joy! I am ACCEPTED too!!!!! I interviewed 10/08
I interviewed that same day with Kuntash! Congrats! And how did you get the news?
SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I wish I knew who you were during the interview!
Hey Kuntash, you interviewed October 8th right? How did you hear your acceptance? Phone, email, letter?
AND CONGRATS,,!!!!!!! UMD SOM is a great school!
Phone call from Dean Foxwell plus snail mail!! Extremely excited!!!
Phone call from Dean Foxwell plus snail mail!! Extremely excited!!!
AWESOME!!!! I'll bet that phone call was amazing! Really happy for you bro!
Phone call from Dean Foxwell plus snail mail!! Extremely excited!!!
Did the phone call come the same day as the snail mail? Sorry to be so specific.
Maryland, love me as I loveth thou!
By snail mail!
haha hey congratulations. mail or phone call? if by mail, did you ever get a phone call? i'm still waiting
Only mail
Accepted! Interviewed October 8. Mail only.
Accepted! Interviewed October 8. Mail only.
Congrats!! Yay for Oct 8th!
BTW for those wondering, I hear there are phone calls and/or snail mail going out. You may get either but def. be on the look out for the packet in the mail.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! Yay for Oct 8th!
BTW for those wondering, I hear there are phone calls and/or snail mail going out. You may get either but def. be on the look out for the packet in the mail.
Three acceptances, that we know of, for October 8th is pretty awesome!!!!!
So I am an instate student. I finished my secondary for Maryland back in July but at that point I had a not-so-great MCAT score. I re-took the MCAT in September and every MD school I applied too pretty much told me that they weren't even going to review my app until they got my new MCAT score.
I was able to get my MCAT up to a good score for Maryland, but since they didn't get the score until early October I feel like this sets me back in the cycle quite a bit and could hurt my chances.
Am I worrying too much?
I was able to get my MCAT up to a good score for Maryland, but since they didn't get the score until early October I feel like this sets me back in the cycle quite a bit and could hurt my chances.
Am I worrying too much?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K