You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 University of Rochester Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Video game created by Valve.
"The game primarily comprises a series of puzzles that must be solved by teleporting the player's character and simple objects using "the handheld portal device", a device that can create inter-spatial portals between two flat planes."
LOL no.
Its the name for Rochester's secondary application program. The thing you log into.
made me

Video game created by Valve.
"The game primarily comprises a series of puzzles that must be solved by teleporting the player's character and simple objects using "the handheld portal device", a device that can create inter-spatial portals between two flat planes."
LOL no.
Its the name for Rochester's secondary application program. The thing you log into.
nice sense of humor and thanks for clarifying my lack of typing skills
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete email 7/5. No II here. 🙁 Stats are average though....
made me![]()
We pre-meds (including myself) are way to neurotic. We need a little down time from stress. Sometimes if you're in constant anticipation of something that may or may not happen you tend to miss out on things you can appreciate in the present. It's the summer. Lets enjoy it.
Just received an II. Submitted secondary last Thursday. And, my stats aren't great so I can give hope to a lot of applicants. 3.7cGPA; 3.57sGPA; 34 MCAT
in state or OOS?
Just received an II. Submitted secondary last Thursday. And, my stats aren't great so I can give hope to a lot of applicants. 3.7cGPA; 3.57sGPA; 34 MCAT
Congrats! Crossing my fingers here... 3.86/3.78/32
Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile
oosin state or oos?
I think I was 7/17 complete. 33R/4.0 no invite here either. OOS
Y'all are stressing me out lol. I need to sign off of SDN for a while and take my mind off this stuff.
Just received an II. Submitted secondary last Thursday. And, my stats aren't great so I can give hope to a lot of applicants. 3.7cGPA; 3.57sGPA; 34 MCAT
Similar stats, in-state though. I submitted the 16th 🙁 .. sigh.
Y'all are stressing me out lol. I need to sign off of SDN for a while and take my mind off this stuff.
I told myself that an hour ago, and yet here I am again.
Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Y'all are stressing me out lol. I need to sign off of SDN for a while and take my mind off this stuff.
+1 every time I see some people got II I assume silent rejection and then take out my rage on battlefield 3.
I wonder if it's really random, or just pseudorandom...While browsing through last years thread someone said that they review their applications randomly. Aka its not on a first come first serve basis.
I wonder if it's really random, or just pseudorandom...
Hmm can everyone please give us your date of completion and possibly your stats? Might help us in figuring out if its truly random or not.
Hmm can everyone please give us your date of completion and possibly your stats? Might help us in figuring out if its truly random or not.
I was complete 7/19. OOS. 2.9sGPA 3.1cGPA
but 3.6GPA in SMP and 36 MCATI was complete on July 8th, II this morning. Stats are 4.0 and 37Q. By the way, there are 2 essays that must be filled out in order to interview 😱
oh dang. haha what are the essays!?? what if they don't like your essay? 🙂
I think I remember that last year (or a few years ago) they were asking interviewees to write an essay during the interview. I may be incorrect though - it could have been another school.
Drexel?
I think I remember that last year (or a few years ago) they were asking interviewees to write an essay during the interview. I may be incorrect though - it could have been another school.
Last year, we were asked to write essays prior to the interview. They were very short and straight-forward. Instructions given at the time of interview invite.
Last year, we were asked to write essays prior to the interview. They were very short and straight-forward. Instructions given at the time of interview invite.
Just for clarification, do you mean these essays were given with the II, or were supplied when you first arrived for the interview and completed during the initial period of the interview?
Just for clarification, do you mean these essays were given with the II, or were supplied when you first arrived for the interview and completed during the initial period of the interview?
Sorry for the confusion...when you are sent an email about the interview invite, they will send you a link that will have essay prompts. You have to do these in advance of the interview... On the day of the interview, you will NOT have to do any essays. It's basically like other school's secondary essays, except they don't make you do them unless you get an interview. Hope that clears it up.
Sorry for the confusion...when you are sent an email about the interview invite, they will send you a link that will have essay prompts. You have to do these in advance of the interview... On the day of the interview, you will NOT have to do any essays. It's basically like other school's secondary essays, except they don't make you do them unless you get an interview. Hope that clears it up.
+1 thanks for the info!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry for the confusion...when you are sent an email about the interview invite, they will send you a link that will have essay prompts. You have to do these in advance of the interview... On the day of the interview, you will NOT have to do any essays. It's basically like other school's secondary essays, except they don't make you do them unless you get an interview. Hope that clears it up.
I thought that was what you meant, but I can be anal like that - I guess it has helped get me this far. Thanks for the clarification! I know some schools make you write essays during their interview, which is why I asked.
Never received a secondary invite email. However, I received a letter packet via snail mail that gave me a link to the application portal. I just clicked on "forgot password" and typed in my AAMC ID and it sent a password to my email address. I don't know why I never received a login/password to log onto the application portal. I checked my inbox, spam, everything and nothing showed up. Anyways, subbmitted today 😛
Never received a secondary invite email. However, I received a letter packet via snail mail that gave me a link to the application portal. I just clicked on "forgot password" and typed in my AAMC ID and it sent a password to my email address. I don't know why I never received a login/password to log onto the application portal. I checked my inbox, spam, everything and nothing showed up. Anyways, subbmitted today 😛
Weird... Did you give them a call at all?
Smart move to try the forgot password.
Weird... Did you give them a call at all?
Smart move to try the forgot password.
Nah, I didn't give them a call. As long as I got my secondary submitted, it's all fine and dandy!
Just got my first II. I'm extremely excited and I'm glad the way that they do the interviews because compared to you all, my stats are really embarrasing. I hope that I can show who I am as a person and that it is a good match for this school. Definitely one of my top picks. Good luck to everyone else.
I'm green with envy. I thought that by paying them three times I would have a good shot, but alas... nothing yet!Just got my first II. I'm extremely excited and I'm glad the way that they do the interviews because compared to you all, my stats are really embarrasing. I hope that I can show who I am as a person and that it is a good match for this school. Definitely one of my top picks. Good luck to everyone else.
Just got my first II. I'm extremely excited and I'm glad the way that they do the interviews because compared to you all, my stats are really embarrasing. I hope that I can show who I am as a person and that it is a good match for this school. Definitely one of my top picks. Good luck to everyone else.
congrats!! and good luck on your interview!
I'm green with envy. I thought that by paying them three times I would have a good shot, but alas... nothing yet!
hahaha - that was confusing! I just replied to your signature! Well done.I think they may be taking their time and reviewing applications closely.
hahaha - that was confusing! I just replied to your signature! Well done.
Bahahaha!
My neuroticism knocking is finally paying off.
First interview invite!!
Interview invite!
I am ecstatic right now. Rochester was always a reach school for me, I would go here in a heartbeat. I honestly didn't think I would hear back from them, especially not this early. Hope the interview and things go well.
Any advice? This is a reach school for me, so I really want to put my best into the interview. Sorry, I seem out of it haha. I'm really psyched. This school would be amazing to go to.
Oh and I was complete 7/16/12, in state.
Edit: *Bouncing off the walls* xD
I am ecstatic right now. Rochester was always a reach school for me, I would go here in a heartbeat. I honestly didn't think I would hear back from them, especially not this early. Hope the interview and things go well.
Any advice? This is a reach school for me, so I really want to put my best into the interview. Sorry, I seem out of it haha. I'm really psyched. This school would be amazing to go to.
Oh and I was complete 7/16/12, in state.
Edit: *Bouncing off the walls* xD
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an interview invite just now! I was concerned because it was only addressed "Dear FIRSTNAME" instead of my actual name, but after logging in to my status page there it was. I was complete 7/17 so I think they might go in some kind of order.
I'm traveling to the East Coast for an interview in October so I hope some dates open soon around then...
I'm traveling to the East Coast for an interview in October so I hope some dates open soon around then...
Congrats on the interview invites to those who got them! I was complete 7/16 so it looks like they may have passed me over 🙁
Anyone else interviewing 9/24?
Congrats on the interview invites to those who got them! I was complete 7/16 so it looks like they may have passed me over 🙁
Same here 🙁. Later in the cycle for us I hope! 🙂
Congrats on the interview invites to those who got them! I was complete 7/16 so it looks like they may have passed me over 🙁
Sameeee 🙁 fucc
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K