You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Emory University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
M a.
----
Edit 03/01 -- Must have been an accidental post from the mobile app. Please ignore, thanks!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just received my acceptance letter!
Area of the country?
northwest arkansasArea of the country?
northwest arkansas
Congrats!
thanks! i guess it would be helpful to mention that i interviewed on 2-14 and that my stats were 3.6c 3.8s and 32. i think if i had any sort of edge, it was probably in the ec/non-trad area of my app. i felt like emory was a stretch for me, so this is a dream 😀Congrats!
Does anyone remember when the director of admissions was speaking about financial aid, she had mentioned that 50% of students will receive Y-X,000 dollars in institutional funds. I distinctly remember her emphatically saying "this is like free money..we're just giving it away". My understanding was that institutional grants given in financial packet were 0% interest loans which would be paid back to the school? Does anyone know if this is in fact a scholarship?
Does anyone remember when the director of admissions was speaking about financial aid, she had mentioned that 50% of students will receive Y-X,000 dollars in institutional funds. I distinctly remember her emphatically saying "this is like free money..we're just giving it away". My understanding was that institutional grants given in financial packet were 0% interest loans which would be paid back to the school? Does anyone know if this is in fact a scholarship?
Emory defines what they call a grant as "A type of financial aid award based on need or merit that is not repaid by the student." Grants in general are never repaid - a loan is called a loan, a grant is money you earn in some way (like when you apply for a research grant - you don't pay it back). So yes, freeeeee moneyyyyy!!!
http://www.emory.edu/FINANCIAL_AID/glossary.php#g
Last edited:
lol just got a missing financial aid documents email... even though I was already rejected. come on, emory, get it together 😛
Does anyone know if OPUS displays your admission decision before the letter/email actually arrives?
Nice, one acceptance on SDN this round. The waitlist seems inevitable at this point. One last chance!
Will not having the financial aid documents complete affect my admissions decision? I completed FAFSA, but it looks like Emory wants College Board stuff too. Wondering if I should just wait for a decision to fill it out or not.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice, one acceptance on SDN this round. The waitlist seems inevitable at this point. One last chance!
One acceptance seems kinda fishy. I'm still holding out since it's only been a week and I live very far away from Atl.
i'm still working on getting this filled out (the profile requires parental tax info for this year, and mine hadn't filed yet), so i don't think it affects admission.Will not having the financial aid documents complete affect my admissions decision? I completed FAFSA, but it looks like Emory wants College Board stuff too. Wondering if I should just wait for a decision to fill it out or not.
It costs $25, wait for a decision.Will not having the financial aid documents complete affect my admissions decision? I completed FAFSA, but it looks like Emory wants College Board stuff too. Wondering if I should just wait for a decision to fill it out or not.
Like the old saying goes, sixth time's a charm.March 10, bring it! Good vibes to everyone who has not yet heard!
Unless USPS decides to become a miracle worker, today is going to be the most unfulfilling big day.
I wonder if they've been only accepting the all-stars up until now, especially with the lack of acceptance posts here. That would make me a bit more optimistic if true.
Like the old saying goes, sixth time's a charm.
I wonder if they've been only accepting the all-stars up until now, especially with the lack of acceptance posts here. That would make me a bit more optimistic if true.
Unless USPS decides to become a miracle worker, today is the most unfulfilling big day.
I wonder if they've been only accepting the all-stars up until now, especially with the lack of acceptance posts here. That would make me a bit more optimistic if true.
So maybe this will be a bigger round of acceptances?
I don't remember what they said (and not near my interview stuff) - but do you know how they notify about waitlists/rejections? Will everything be coming in the mail?
So maybe this will be a bigger round of acceptances?
I don't remember what they said (and not near my interview stuff) - but do you know how they notify about waitlists/rejections? Will everything be coming in the mail?
Every single thing is in the mail UNLESS you were supposed to get something in the mail weeks ago (so they call) or you have a scholarship offer (phone call). At least that's what I remember, and I had a rather late interview I think.
Getting waitlisted is an email, I believe. You then have to respond in order to hold your spot. Getting off the waitlist is a phone call because you have to make a decision within 24 hours.
So maybe this will be a bigger round of acceptances?
I don't remember what they said (and not near my interview stuff) - but do you know how they notify about waitlists/rejections? Will everything be coming in the mail?
I think more people have been accepted than we may have realized (Think about all the Emory vs. school threads)...
I think more people have been accepted than we may have realized (Think about all the Emory vs. school threads)...
lol yeah I know, there were so many of those.. And I wouldn't be surprised if the people in this thread all voted for the other schools 😉
Just got my acceptance!!! So overjoyed! Interviewed in October 34 Mcat, 3.65 GPA
Just got my acceptance!!! So overjoyed! Interviewed in October 34 Mcat, 3.65 GPA
In the mail? Do you live in the Atlanta area?
Yes I live in the Atlanta area and it was a big white envelope via USPS. Letter is dated march 7th
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email this morning about filling out a consent form for a background check that a school requested because they accepted me or wait listed me. Had me nervous all day
Just got my acceptance!!! So overjoyed! Interviewed in October 34 Mcat, 3.65 GPA
Congratulations! Fingers crossed that they reach neighboring states tomorrow!
I got an email this morning about filling out a consent form for a background check that a school requested because they accepted me or wait listed me. Had me nervous all day
I wonder if its the reject pile for those that didn't get this email... =/
I wonder if its the reject pile for those that didn't get this email... =/
I think these are pretty random. I got one in late February. Have heard nothing since.
Yes I live in the Atlanta area and it was a big white envelope via USPS. Letter is dated march 7th
Maybe their last round of decisions was March 7th and not what they told us - March 10th!
The date they provide as the release date is typically the date the people nearest Atlanta receive their acceptance package. They actually send it out prior to that date to account for delays--some from campus policies and some due to transit.Maybe their last round of decisions was March 7th and not what they told us - March 10th!
The date they provide as the release date is typically the date the people nearest Atlanta receive their acceptance package. They actually send it out prior to that date to account for delays--some from campus policies and some due to transit.
I see, I thought they sent out on 10th. That's great! So east coasters will likely receive letters this week.
Congrats! I interviewed in October with a 34 MCAT, 3.61 GPA. Hoping for the same luck as you!Just got my acceptance!!! So overjoyed! Interviewed in October 34 Mcat, 3.65 GPA
Congrats! I interviewed in October with a 34 MCAT, 3.61 GPA. Hoping for the same luck as you!
Thanks! Best of luck to you and everyone else!
.
Last edited:
So did you get an acceptance package? 🙂Mail came today. I live in Massachusetts if that helps!
So did you get an acceptance package? 🙂
Yes thought that was implied haha
The salmon paper from the interview folder says "Emory Immunization Forms will be distributed to accepted students early in the spring", so I assume they'll email them within the next month or so?Does anyone know where I can find the forms to submit my medical history/physical exam and immunization records? Thanks
Edit: Do you know if the Opus system will be used for anything, or just financial aid information? Thanks!
So if we haven't received anything in the mail post interview at this point, we are waitlisted or rejected?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So if we haven't received anything in the mail post interview at this point, we are waitlisted or rejected?
Depends where you live. It's probably today or out/WL.
Last edited:
I live north of the Canadian Rockies, and mail is delivered via wolf sleigh. Should be another week or two for my letter.
I haven't seen one - any takers? [noses!]Anyone know if there is a Facebook group yet?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K