2014-2015 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Called two days ago and they said next week! Perhaps an early start...
Yeah, it could be an early start; however, I have always received different timelines whenever I have called the admissions office. From my previous calls and searching past years' threads on SDN, it seems like most waitlist movement doesn't occur until sometime in June. I could be dead wrong, but my thinking is that an early waitlist movement from Drexel is a good sign for those who have been waitlisted because that might be indicative of the availability of more spots than usual. Let's see how it plays out.
 
Yeah, it could be an early start; however, I have always received different timelines whenever I have called the admissions office. From my previous calls and searching past years' threads on SDN, it seems like most waitlist movement doesn't occur until sometime in June. I could be dead wrong, but my thinking is that an early waitlist movement from Drexel is a good sign for those who have been waitlisted because that might be indicative of the availability of more spots than usual. Let's see how it plays out.
Praying for the both of us!!! I hope it works out for all of us on the waitlist!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how much time off or anything Drexel gives for Step studying and when DUCOM students typically take their steps?
 
Just got the wait list letter... Am I supposed to just sign and send back this letter, or also include a written statement of my own?
 
Hello,

I was just accepted off the CCL and having trouble deciding between TUSM and DUCOM. I am currently 50-50 and hoping people could give some insight into what makes DUCOM different than Temple?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Put on the waitlist today. Anybody have any insights about it from the admissions office?
Not much, from these threads it seems wl movement has been dead as they are still scrambling to make initial decisions on the late-cycle interviews. I would like to know how close they are to finishing up these initial decisions.
 
Not much, from these threads it seems wl movement has been dead as they are still scrambling to make initial decisions on the late-cycle interviews. I would like to know how close they are to finishing up these initial decisions.

I would hope soon considering the last group of interviews was something like 8 weeks ago.
 
How do we actually check our financial aid information online? I tried logging in to Discover Drexel, but am unable to figure out what my login information is. Are the student ID and pin the same numbers that we used to check our admissions status before and after our interviews? I tried using these but was unable to login....
Also, does anyone know when we should start accepting/applying for loans? The only thing I've done so far in regards to financial aid was to submit the Drexel scholarship app and fafsa.

Thanks so much for any input!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My status changed from 'waitlisted' to 'decision made'. Safe to assume this means I was accepted off the wait list, correct? People don't usually get rejection letters after being waitlisted, do they?
 
My status changed from 'waitlisted' to 'decision made'. Safe to assume this means I was accepted off the wait list, correct? People don't usually get rejection letters after being waitlisted, do they?
Are you saying that your Application Decision changed from "Thank you for confirming your intention to remain on the Drexel Admissions waiting list" to "a decision has been made"?
 
I'm honestly not sure, as I basically gave up on checking the portal. My timeline consisted of application complete mid september, interview early April, waitlisted a couple weeks ago, and then accepted on Monday.
 
Will be giving up my spot tonight. Definitely one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make since Drexel is such as great school. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know where to view our financial package? Do we need to apply for any loans directly or is submitting FAFSA good enough?
 
Hi! My portal changed from waitlist to "a decision has been reached. a letter will be mailed blah blah" Hopefully that's a good sign and I'm off the waitlist! But waiting for the letter is killing me, especially since school is starting soon. If I called them, would they tell me my decision or would they say to wait for the letter?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! My portal changed from waitlist to "a decision has been reached. a letter will be mailed blah blah" Hopefully that's a good sign and I'm off the waitlist! But waiting for the letter is killing me, especially since school is starting soon. If I called them, would they tell me my decision or would they say to wait for the letter?
I would call them at least to see when they will mail out the letter. I had a decision reached on May 26 and they just mailed the letter last week. So far it still hasn't arrived 🙁