You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Emory University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Emory seems like such a great school.
Stats/complete date?
I'm definitely excited for this. Emory is definitely in my top 3, might be my number one if I ignore tuition costs. 38 MCAT and 3.86 science GPA. Completion date on 7/14.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mind telling us when interview dates are starting from?
My invitation was for Friday, 8/12
I'm assuming you meant 9/12. LolMy invitation was for Friday, 8/12
II just now!! Complete 7/8. 🙂
Congrats!!!II just now!! Complete 7/8. 🙂
Good for you, senor! Thanks for sharing the good news. (And I do selfishly hope a bit rubs off on the Brat here. . .)Received an interview invite today. Thought you guys might want to know.
Hope you love it and "it" loves you back!!II this morning!
Thanks and best of luck to you!Hope you love it and "it" loves you back!!
II this morning, for 9/22!!
Complete 7/10
Edit: added complete date
Complete 7/10
Edit: added complete date
day submitted/complete secondary?II this morning, for 9/22!!
II today! Complete 7/8. Does anyone know if they interview on Fridays?
Last edited:
II today as well! 🙂 do they interview days other than monday and friday?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted589960
Hey guys,
I'm about to interview for Emory. Any advice from people who've already had their interview at Emory or any other med school?
I'm a reapp who interviewed and was waitlisted last cycle. My advice is to just be yourself. Their interview was super chill and actually really fun. I felt that the questions during the group interview were directed specifically at our experiences and were easy to answer. My individual interview was with a super nice guy who seemed to just want to advise me on my goals. They're really not trying to rattle you and I thought that the focus of their interviews is for them to positively impress you, as opposed to vice versa.
Good luck to all who are anxious. Maybe I'll see you if I'm lucky enough to get a second chance at this school.
Also don't be afraid to wear less formal walking shoes for the tour. Many of the ppl I interviewed w did this.
Thank you 🙂 Your comments make me less nervous!! Best of luck to you during this cycle.I'm a reapp who interviewed and was waitlisted last cycle. My advice is to just be yourself. Their interview was super chill and actually really fun. I felt that the questions during the group interview were directed specifically at our experiences and were easy to answer. My individual interview was with a super nice guy who seemed to just want to advise me on my goals. They're really not trying to rattle you and I thought that the focus of their interviews is for them to positively impress you, as opposed to vice versa.
Good luck to all who are anxious. Maybe I'll see you if I'm lucky enough to get a second chance at this school.
Also don't be afraid to wear less formal walking shoes for the tour. Many of the ppl I interviewed w did this.
II just now for 10/06. It's amazing how your car can break down one day and the next day your Emory and MCG interviews line up on the same weekend. Good luck to everyone else interviewing and to those still waiting to hear back, it's still early!
.
Last edited:
Hey, could you share your complete date?
Submitted Secondary 7/11 | Complete email 7/14
Has anyone submitted their application and still not received a complete e-mail?Submitted Secondary 7/11 | Complete email 7/14
I still haven't received a complete email, although when I check my "status" on the applicant portal, it has a checkmark beside "application to emory complete".Has anyone submitted their application and still not received a complete e-mail?
Is Emory receptive to pre-interview updates?
II!
II last Friday, complete 7/14
Hurrah!II today! Complete August 1 st!
Yippee!!II just now!! Complete 7/8. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i just recieved secondaries this morning after weeks of calls and emails..Does Emory do any pre-screening or just the loose 27 mcat? I'm thinking its too late to turn in any secondaries considering II's are being sent out already .I'll appreciate any reply
As long as you are submitting before the specified deadline, it is never too late to submit a secondary. Though you may not be at an advantage like earlier submitters who already have II's, you give yourself a 0% chance of interview or admission without submitting one. Additionally, though SDN generally represents a majority of students who submit incredibly early, you would be surprised how many people are still working on secondaries. The deadlines are ~December at most schools for a reason.
II today also! OOS, complete 7/14.
Hi guys - does Emory send rejections in real time? Or is it a silent rejection/hear at the end of the cycle type thing? Complete 7/12 sooo just wondering. Congrats to everyone who has an II!
Thanks!They don't reject until the end of the cycle
Has anyone gotten an II who is applying MD/MPH?
Several people at my interview day had checked the box for interest in MPH.Has anyone gotten an II who is applying MD/MPH?
Sent from my neural implant using SDN Mobile
Awesome work, interviewees! Hurrah for you, collectively and individually!!
EDIT: Emory prefers ITA/update e-mails to go via portal
Last edited:
Congratulations! Hope it's all treats and only fun "tricks"!!II (MD/PhD) for 10/31 yesterday 🙂 Complete 8/12
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an email from the director of the Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs at EUSOM requesting that i complete my secondary and are eagerly anticipating it. I see this as a form of advertisement but a friend who is among the admission committee at TX A&M informed me that they send such emails to URMs who they think may be a good candidate for admission. Does anyone know if this is the case? I'll appreciate any response. I really don't think i'm competitive enough for this school.
I got the same email. I was debating about applying there before the email but decided to take a chance to see what happens.I just got an email from the director of the Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs at EUSOM requesting that i complete my secondary and are eagerly anticipating it. I see this as a form of advertisement but a friend who is among the admission committee at TX A&M informed me that they send such emails to URMs who they think may be a good candidate for admission. Does anyone know if this is the case? I'll appreciate any response. I really don't think i'm competitive enough for this school.
@chemy , those emails are from the MedMAR, which you probably opted into when you took the MCAT. I viewed it as a recruitment email based on MCAT score. Keep in mind they don't have your grades, ECs, etc. so they only have the one data point. FWIW, I received that email in July after I submitted my secondary. It hasn't turned into an interview yet!
If you recently took the MCAT, that is probably why you received that email. You will likely receive several more. The only one that swayed me was Northwestern, because they put their money where their mouth is and waived the secondary fee.
Hope that helps!
If you recently took the MCAT, that is probably why you received that email. You will likely receive several more. The only one that swayed me was Northwestern, because they put their money where their mouth is and waived the secondary fee.
Hope that helps!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K