-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Howard University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
@mmw53
Oh nice! It's better than nothing 🙂 Congrats!
I just feel like there's not much info posted about PARP.. does it guarantee you a spot in the fall class? Is there a minimum grade you have to get to have that guarantee?
PARP is is a guaranteed acceptance into the class , you just start earlier at the end of may then you have a break 2-3 weeks break at the end of June I believe before starting with the rest of the class in mid-July.
Oh nice! It's better than nothing 🙂 Congrats!
I just feel like there's not much info posted about PARP.. does it guarantee you a spot in the fall class? Is there a minimum grade you have to get to have that guarantee?
The letter says that successful completion of the academic coursework guarantees a spot in the upcoming class.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on 3/24. they never sent me anything about being considered for PARP so this did catch me off guard lol
I love to see movement...!
I interviewed on 3/24. they never sent me anything about being considered for PARP so this did catch me off guard lol
Hahaha... I just realized we interviewed the same day!



Hahaha... I just realized we interviewed the same day!![]()
Well I hope you have some good luck too!!!!!
It looks like no movement since Monday. But sounds like they're working on PARP.What's going on with the waitlist? No movement?
Makes sense. PARP starts at the end of MayIt looks like no movement since Monday. But sounds like they're working on PARP.
Yea in a little over a week! May 18thMakes sense. PARP starts at the end of May
Wow, that is soon! Pretty exciting.Yea in a little over a week! May 18th
Yea in a little over a week! May 18th
Wow... It starts in 10 days!!!!!!
@mmw53
Oh nice! It's better than nothing 🙂 Congrats!
I just feel like there's not much info posted about PARP.. does it guarantee you a spot in the fall class? Is there a minimum grade you have to get to have that guarantee?
I was told by a HUCM student that it is sort of like a conditional acceptance and people accepted are people who have been out of school for a while or there was something about their GPA/MCAT/transcript that was lower than what Howard was looking for. If you don't do well, there's still a chance they can retract your acceptance. HOWEVER, most (if not all) people tend to do well with PARP and it generally helps them with the transition to medical school because it reviews material that'll be taught during first year. The main purpose is to help make this transition a bit easier.
Not sure if this is relieable information because as you said, there isn't much information about PARP and the student I heard it from was not part of PARP. Regardless of what PARP is, I think if someone accepted into PARP, they should be happy because they'll likely be starting medical school in July, they'll get a good review of the material before school starts, and they'll form a closeknit cohort with other PARP members. =)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No news for anyone?
Nah!
Nah!
Hopefully soon! Sending lots of positive vibes, prayers, and well-wishes your way @petitchat2006 !
Thank you @Doc4Underserved , thanks a lot!
Hopefully soon! Sending lots of positive vibes, prayers, and well-wishes your way @petitchat2006 !
I'll take some of those prayers too lol
I'll take some of those prayers too lol
Well, they do say prayers are best when shared! 🙂
Today, I got off the Hold List at Penn State, which I had fallen in love with during my interview. I accepted their offer and withdrew my acceptance from Howard immediately. My withdrawal means someone will be accepted from the wait list. I wish the absolute best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
@Gorjilla You rock!!!!!!
COngrats for Penn State!
COngrats for Penn State!
news anybody?
Nah.
When did you interview @WestAfricanDoc ?
When did you interview @WestAfricanDoc ?
I spoke to Ms. Walk today. She said that they finished reviewing March interviewees last week and we should expect to hear something hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday! So excited, so nervous 
For those who got accepted for PARP, what are your stats like, if you don't mind me asking? Thank you!
I spoke to Ms. Walk today. She said that they finished reviewing March interviewees last week and we should expect to hear something hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday! So excited, so nervous![]()
Thanks for the update man!
Really hoping you get good news!!!Thanks for the update man!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the update man!
No problem, hope you hear some good news soon!
Any April interviewees heard anything back yet?
Nothing yet, but I think we are coming up soon 🙂
Its a shame I never heard anything from Howard. I guess a rejection email would have been nice.
Pre or post interview?Its a shame I never heard anything from Howard. I guess a rejection email would have been nice.
My situation was that I got confirmation that I was "Out of Committee on April 24th then I received the acceptance on May 4th, so a little over a week. Hope that helps.What is the timeframe between receiving application out of committee email and your letter has been signed email
If you were post interview, they said to call them in the office if you have not heard anything after a month has passed since your interviewIts a shame I never heard anything from Howard. I guess a rejection email would have been nice.
Pre or post interview?
If you were post interview, they said to call them in the office if you have not heard anything after a month has passed since your interview
Pre-Interview.
I got my acceptance email Y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!











I am on Cloud nine, literally!












I am on Cloud nine, literally!
Congrats!!!I got my acceptance email Y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am on Cloud nine, literally!
I got my acceptance email Y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am on Cloud nine, literally!
Congrats!!!! See you in July 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Omg yes yes yes yes!!!! I was rooting so hard for you!!!!!! We made it!!!!! MD CLASS OF 2019!! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]I got my acceptance email Y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am on Cloud nine, literally!
Congrats! when did you interview? Was acceptance through phone call?I got my acceptance email Y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am on Cloud nine, literally!
I am soooooo excited for you!!! Félicitations ma chère!! On se voit en juillet? 😀I got my acceptance email Y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am on Cloud nine, literally!
Literally the hardest decision I made the entire application cycle. I withdrew from here. Hope my spot goes to someone deserving here! (Or maybe it already did? @petitchat2006 lol CONGRATS!!!)
Good luck all & keep the faith!
@drmak89 I may have been given the seat you gave up indeed. Thank you!!! And good luck where you'll go!
Omg yes yes yes yes!!!! I was rooting so hard for you!!!!!! We made it!!!!! MD CLASS OF 2019!! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
You were... This is so exciting!
@HaitianDrSoph merci mademoiselle! On se vera dans quelques semaines!!!!!

Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K