-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Howard
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone been admitted through PARP yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Howard literally takes January Mcats, July is not late for Howard. Even for most other schools July is not bad as long as your score is good, if it ends up being unideal then it can be problematic bc there’s limited retake time and spots.Sorry to take over the thread. Is anyone submitting primaries early and taking a really late MCAT? I’m testing July 24th but i really want to apply this cycle to Howard.
cleansweep
Full Member
You can still apply as early as you want, but your file will be placed in a "hold" category until your results are received by themSorry to take over the thread. Is anyone submitting primaries early and taking a really late MCAT? I’m testing July 24th but i really want to apply this cycle to Howard.
I sent one a little over a week ago and they acknowledged it in 2 days! So I would say go for it.Are they still sending out interviews and would it still be beneficial to send an update letter?
I figured that, thanks for the response. I was just unsure if it was still “worth it” to apply at all.You can still apply as early as you want, but your file will be placed in a "hold" category until your results are received by them
rsandadrprincess_xo
Full Member
Same. Sent one Monday and it was acknowledged already.I sent one a little over a week ago and they acknowledged it in 2 days! So I would say go for it.
medbaddieee
Full Member
i think when people start ranking their schools on AMCAS there’ll be some movement, i forgot what the exact thing is called but yea. i’m trying to stay hopeful bc ms. fowlkes had said a majority of the class of 29 are people that got off the waitlist!When do you guys think the waitlist will start to move (if at all)?
Onyearirio1
New Member
Does anyone know if they sent out any interview invites in February? I looked through this thread and it appears they send out a wave each month.
July is not late i think it’s still worth. I took a September mcat (they didn’t get my score until October) and was accepted in December.I figured that, thanks for the response. I was just unsure if it was still “worth it” to apply at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
saybeyonceeee0423
Full Member
when did you complete secondary?+1 OOS II on Friday
xuksukky
Full Member
Very late, the day it was duewhen did you complete secondary?
saybeyonceeee0423
Full Member
same!Very late, the day it was due
anonymous2025
Full Member
Hi everyone! Hope yalls cycle is going well! So I submitted my primary and secondary around mid August and got an email end of Sept about both being fully reviewed then just got an email this morning about updates I sent in October loll and like someone said i know they received 9000 apps but just wondering if anyone knows if they have lots of IIs still left to give? or if there's a big wave of Rs coming? not sure if they've given out a lot of Rs yet
Literally ran to this thread soon as I saw the headline, hopefully its nothing too major I think Meharry had this same problem once but it was over like accessibility to technology or something like that I believe but they have 2 years to fix whatever is wrong so I hope they just keep on interviewing chile lol
Brimed2026
Full Member
Looks like Morehouse is the only HBCU that has their shi! together. SMH. And don't get me started on meharry their communication is so horrible, my interviewer never showed up to my interview so I had to reschedule a whole month later.Literally ran to this thread soon as I saw the headline, hopefully its nothing too major I think Meharry had this same problem once but it was over like accessibility to technology or something like that I believe but they have 2 years to fix whatever is wrong so I hope they just keep on interviewing chile lol
They said they interview through April, so still chances.Hello, does anyone know if Howard is still sending out interview invites? Thank you
this just happened to me with meharry!!Looks like Morehouse is the only HBCU that has their shi! together. SMH. And don't get me started on meharry their communication is so horrible, my interviewer never showed up to my interview so I had to reschedule a whole month later.
anonymous2025
Full Member
I did and just emailed a pdf version to them in the fall and only heard back a couple days ago because they said they received 9000 apps and were backed upDoes anyone know if/how we can send update letters?
Not sure if they invite updates/LOIs. Hopefully that didn’t hurt me
Someone please give updates after the last First Friday today!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Onyearirio1
New Member
So far it's mostly the same information. The only thing I saw that was different is that they apparently are sending interview invites until "April of May" and can extend further if they deem necessary At least for me, I was under the impression the deadline was "early April"Someone please give updates after the last First Friday today!!
Same. I agree thought it was early april. But they said april or may. They said the class has been full since January so now they are interviewing for waitlist spots.So far it's mostly the same information. The only thing I saw that was different is that they apparently are sending interview invites until "April of May" and can extend further if they deem necessary At least for me, I was under the impression the deadline was "early April"
They did say, for the most recent classes they've had, that about 80% of the matriculated students were from the waitlist.Same. I agree thought it was early april. But they said april or may. They said the class has been full since January so now they are interviewing for waitlist spots.
I have another question. On the HUCM website they state that the MCAT minimum is a 494 and that the cGPA and sGPA must at least 3.0. I thought the minimum was only for cumulative. The MSAR seems to show sGPAs below 3.0, is this a new requirement?
Edit: I see that the MCAT minimum was increased to a 497. I assume that a sGPA of 3.0 is the new requirement, it used to be cGPA 3.0.
Edit: I see that the MCAT minimum was increased to a 497. I assume that a sGPA of 3.0 is the new requirement, it used to be cGPA 3.0.
Last edited:
Happy Monday!! I hope this week is the week for more IIs!
chillstill
Full Member
I am hoping I can get an interview here but I assume the odds are crazy low atp
Same. Also sent an update letter and still nothing 🙁I am hoping I can get an interview here but I assume the odds are crazy low atp
A colleague of mine who was accepted told me they told his interview group they don't really look at update letters. I had already sent mine too
Wait so why do they accept them then?A colleague of mine who was accepted told me they told his interview group they don't really look at update letters. I had already sent mine too
D
deleted906592
they also mentioned on a first Friday 2 cycles ago that an update letter doesn’t even really mean anything. I think it’s really for those that already got interviews and were waitlisted..if that.
that's my question too. Like wtf I didn't need to put in that effortWait so why do they accept them then?
At the end of the day it really comes down to MCAT and GPA. This whole idea of a holistic review is a misconception, including update letters.that's my question too. Like wtf I didn't need to put in that effort
Not to discourage you or anything, but I’m on the waitlist and I feel the odds of me getting in aren’t particularly high either. 🫤 But you never really know what could happen so don’t give up hope!I am hoping I can get an interview here but I assume the odds are crazy low atp
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This gives me hope even though I haven't even been offered an interview. Mostly I got good vibes from the students at First Friday which made me want to attend even moreHi ! There is hope! The accepted group chat is only at 87 and this includes current students. Class size is around 120. They also interview until April
I see they sent interviews yesterday on admit, from past forums Howard sends their last batch of II now. I’m hoping they extend it 🤞🏾
chillstill
Full Member
Dang didn’t recieve an interview, hoping they extend it frI see they sent interviews yesterday on admit, from past forums Howard sends their last batch of II now. I’m hoping they extend it 🤞🏾
saybeyonceeee0423
Full Member
hey beyhive!!!Hi ! There is hope! The accepted group chat is only at 87 and this includes current students. Class size is around 120. They also interview until April
Has anyone spoke to admissions if they are extending interview?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
. Apparently they received over 9000 applications this year, so for anyone else waiting this may be why! Will continue keeping my hopes up and will try to be patient lololol