You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Ponce School of Medicine Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PSMHS is accepting applications for a new Master of Science in Medical Sciences. http://www.psm.edu/Student_Affairs/Admissions/programs.htm
I received an email two days ago asking for my documents. Already sent transcript, but still waiting for two of the three letters to be uploaded to AMCAS. Hopefully they will start interviewing mid-september like last year 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm inteviewing on September 11! (Group interview) Anyone else?
Are you from mainland or PR?I'm inteviewing on September 11! (Group interview) Anyone else?
I forgot to congratulate you for the II!!!! Mind sharing your stats?I'm inteviewing on September 11! (Group interview) Anyone else?
@oli33ful I'm from PR! I'll share my stats once I get an answer from the school. I think most PR students that are above the cutoff of 2.7 GPA and 19 MCAT probably get an interview if they follow up with their file (transcripts, LORs, Fee).
Ok . Keep us post it and wish you the best of lucks. I'm OOS so I guess I might have to wait a while to get an II.@oli33ful I'm from PR! I'll share my stats once I get an answer from the school. I think most PR students that are above the cutoff of 2.7 GPA and 19 MCAT probably get an interview if they follow up with their file (transcripts, LORs, Fee).
@oli33ful Thank you! I will surely update soon.
Hi guys! First of all, good luck to everyone who is applying. Does anyone know when the first batch of acceptances will be sent?
Hi guys! First of all, good luck to everyone who is applying. Does anyone know when the first batch of acceptances will be sent?
Hi! Did you already interview? In regards to acceptance offers, they told me late November/early December. The committee hasn't met yet to decide because their office is under construction.
Hi! Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did, September 11.Hi! Did you already interview? In regards to acceptance offers, they told me late November/early December. The committee hasn't met yet to decide because their office is under construction.
ISAre you guys IS or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm IS. PR SOM committee hasn't met up yet. SJB has already offered their first interview invites (ii) and UCC will begin in January.
POnce has also offered more ii for late October
Eje! Que bueno 🙂 Estoy casi seguro que una semana después que te entrevisten, te contestan. éxito!Got email today for an interview November 20! Super excited!!! 🙂
Did they call you or email you?Deferred. Interview early Sept. Fukkd up real good.
D
deleted653266
Interviewed yesterday! Group interview, was very chilled. Gonna be hell to wait for an answer though -.-
Mind sharing stats?
Got email today for an interview November 20! Super excited!!! 🙂
Mind sharing stats?
Hi! Did they tell you when you should expect an answer?Interviewed yesterday! Group interview, was very chilled. Gonna be hell to wait for an answer though -.-
Mind sharing stats?
D
deleted653266
Hi! Did they tell you when you should expect an answer?
They said it depends on when the admissions comitee meets. They said a date isn't set in stone, and that there may even be a possibility that they don't meet again until january cause of all the upcoming holidays. Sure hope they dont take that long though
Interviewed yesterday! Group interview, was very chilled. Gonna be hell to wait for an answer though -.-
Mind sharing stats?
I may share stats later but not now.
La entrevista super relax. Si alguien tiene entrevista pronto que vaya tranquilo 🙂
Accepted today by email! Letter is being sent tomorrow. Good luck to you all!
Congrats!Accepted today by email! Letter is being sent tomorrow. Good luck to you all!
I hope to receive an answer soon...It's been a long wait!
D
deleted653266
Accepted today also!! Very excited
Accepted today by email! Letter is being sent tomorrow. Good luck to you all!
Accepted today also!! Very excited
Congrats to you both! Yeah, the interviewers told us that the committee had a reunion wednesday night for evaluation. My interview was yesterday (thursday) so I will have to wait for second round. But again, congrats 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was invited for an interview last week but the e-mails were going straight to junk mail so check out your junk mail people! Had my interview last tuesday (19th), twas pretty chill.
I apparently needed a third rec letter I never sent 'cause they had said my application was complete but they accepted me yesterday anyway.
I apparently needed a third rec letter I never sent 'cause they had said my application was complete but they accepted me yesterday anyway.
Congrats to everyone who got acceptance! Does anybody know if they have already contacted everyone who interviewed about decision? I am worried because I interviewed early September and haven't heard about decision yet.
You probably interviewed with me (I'm bad with names tho). You should email Gladys or give a quick call and ask. Hope everything works out for you!Congrats to everyone who got acceptance! Does anybody know if they have already contacted everyone who interviewed about decision? I am worried because I interviewed early September and haven't heard about decision yet.
so i finished my app with all requirement early December. i dont know my chances for getting in. i am instate, witg a 3.2 gpa (which i know is low for people here), but a 27 MCAT(which is good). I have good EC, and good recomendations. anybody have any insight about my chances? good luck on everybody applying too 🙂
D
deleted653266
so i finished my app with all requirement early December. i dont know my chances for getting in. i am instate, witg a 3.2 gpa (which i know is low for people here), but a 27 MCAT(which is good). I have good EC, and good recomendations. anybody have any insight about my chances? good luck on everybody applying too 🙂
hi! well as you already know a 3.2 gpa is a bit towards the lower end of the scale, but i think a 27 MCAT, which is pretty good, can kinda make up for it. Adcoms will be concerned though. Good ECs can = a good interview (which is already pretty relaxed) so i think you could have a shot. Its just a matter of leaving a good impression when you interview. Dont be discouraged! Exito!
Congrats!!!!!!Accepted as well! Super excited! 🙂
Felicidades a ti tambien 🙂Accepted!!!!! 😀
Ahora falta que nos contesten de la UPR!! vamos a ver que pasa pq es la mas que se tarda lol 🙂Gracias!!! 😉
D
deleted653266
Hi fellow applicants
Anybody OOS who interviewed in Ponce? was complete long time ago and haven't heard from them is months.
I reccomend you call them if you can ASAP, as their admissions process is moving along fairly quickly.
I already called Ms. Colon. She told me the opposite, their admissions cycle got delayed this year (at least for OOS). Sheb told me to expect more interviews in February and March. When you interviewed, were there any OOS that day? I know someone OOS who goes to ponce and interviewed in April.I reccomend you call them if you can ASAP, as their admissions process is moving along fairly quickly.
D
deleted653266
I already called Ms. Colon. She told me the opposite, their admissions cycle got delayed this year (at least for OOS). Sheb told me to expect more interviews in February and March. When you interviewed, were there any OOS that day? I know someone OOS who goes to ponce and interviewed in April.
Oh ok. I was interviewed mid-November, a group interview of 4, all IS. They started interviews mid-September, which is why I assume they're ahead of the other schools here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh ok. I was interviewed mid-November, a group interview of 4, all IS. They started interviews mid-September, which is why I assume they're ahead of the other schools here.
How are the interviews? I have mine this Thursday, and its also a group interview. any insights or heads up you can give us? Also, any other comment would be appreciated
D
deleted653266
How are the interviews? I have mine this Thursday, and its also a group interview. any insights or heads up you can give us? Also, any other comment would be appreciated
Sure. Group interview, 4 students with 2 faculty. They started by asking personal information questions (about your family, public or private school, hobbies, etc) to try and get to know the candidates better, then they asked pretty standard medical interview questions to a single candidate at a time, though sometimes they would go around the room. No questions about ethics or the current medical situation or anything like that. Overall it was pretty laid back, felt like a conversation. No need to worry
D
deleted653266
Simplemente hablar sobre ti y las cosas que has hecho (como research, trabajo comunitario... cosas asi)
This
Hey everyone. I'm OOS and I've been complete since September. I know Ponce last year got ~850 OOS applications and only interviewed 15-16 so it's very, very competitive for OOS but I think I made a fatal mistake in my application. San Juan Bautista requires a community service letter of recommendation which I requested early on in the cycle, but when I talked with my volunteer supervisor, who is Peruvian, I forgot that I only told him to address it to SJB, and in the letterhead it's addressed to the admissions committee of SJB; I made this letter available to Ponce in addition to SJB. So, although I'm not 100% sure, I'm fairly certain Ponce will see this volunteer letter addressed to SJB via AMCAS. Does anyone know how bad this is? As soon as I realized what I had done I gave up all hope, but I'm wondering if maybe this is forgivable. Should I send an email apologizing? Or should I just let it be? I'm not sure what my best course of action is.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K
- Replies
- 234
- Views
- 77K
