You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 University of Connecticut Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This thread seems quiet
Applying IS!
Applying IS!On MSAR it says UCONN is accepting internationals (interviewed 11 for 2014 matriculation).... but on the website it says they currently don't... anyone know which is correct? Was this a recent change?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
Last edited:
Prompts are same as last year. Received secondary today.
Hey all,
I hope you're all ready for a long, hard, but exciting year in your life! I'm a second year medical student here at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and an interviewing member of the admissions committee. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have during the application cycle.
Best of luck to everyone!
I hope you're all ready for a long, hard, but exciting year in your life! I'm a second year medical student here at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and an interviewing member of the admissions committee. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have during the application cycle.
Best of luck to everyone!
Can you expand on this? What do you mean about the support system?nobody wants to live in connecticut 😕😕
amazing school tho, but i hope the med school is more supportive to their students than they are to their undergrad pre-meds. (uconn alum - c/o'14). Ive heard support from faculty and staff is probably one of the largest factors of success and happiness at a med school. but what do i know..![]()
Did anyone else's secondary link disappear after they submitted it and paid the fee? I cant find it when I log in or check the status of my application 😕
Hi everyone, I am currently accepted into uconn med school during this past cycle and willing to answer any questions you might have. Also I live in Farmington (12-15mins from school) if anyone is looking for a place to stay (I can drive you to school) during your interview here's my listing on "airbnb"
http://airbnb.com/rooms/2825384
http://airbnb.com/rooms/2825384
On MSAR it says UCONN is accepting internationals (interviewed 11 for 2014 matriculation).... but on the website it says they currently don't... anyone know which is correct? Was this a recent change?
I just emailed them today and they say they do accept internationals on a very limited bases.
Deleted- wrong school thread!
-
Last edited:
Medical school...from what you've heard since you went to their ug.Are you asking for me to expand on the support system in regards to undergrads at uconn or in regards to the need of a support system during med school?
+1 😵Did anyone else's secondary link disappear after they submitted it and paid the fee? I cant find it when I log in or check the status of my application 😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same, I suppose we just have to wait 🙁Although I got an email for "Successful Submission"
It means the poster who wrote that is trying to steer you away. Less competition and all.Can you expand on this? What do you mean about the support system?
4
467167
Do they automatically send out secondaries when the application is received?
Yeah they doDo they automatically send out secondaries when the application is received?
The character limit for each of the three essays is 1800 with spaces.I got the prompts from last year's thread, but can't seem to find whether there is a word/character limit? thanks!!
So i thought i received my original secondary on July 4th, but really that was the reminder email and I got the original notification on June 27th. I have not submitted my secondary yet due to not having enough time (with this or really any other one) because of my hectic work schedule and I thought I had until August 4th. It seems I still have access to the secondary, but am I too late? Is it worth it to still apply?? Thank you. This is really unfortunate if I can't, because UConn is one of my top schools.
Anyone hear anything about II yet?
How did everyone answer the question about the EC you gained the most from personally? Isn't this the same thing as the AMCAS "most imporant EC" prompts? Just incredibly frustrating that UConn would have a prompt like this when the answer has been clearly listed before in the AMCAS EC essays and probably in most of our personal statements.
How did everyone answer the question about the EC you gained the most from personally? Isn't this the same thing as the AMCAS "most imporant EC" prompts? Just incredibly frustrating that UConn would have a prompt like this when the answer has been clearly listed before in the AMCAS EC essays and probably in most of our personal statements.
I agree. Supp apps get so repetitive and long. Yea, personally I expanded on what I wrote in my primary.
do they wait until your primary is verified to send a secondary?
Does anybody here know if the school accepts updates? I tried to search around, but couldn't find an answer. None of the questions on the secondary specifically ask about current activities and I want to add something to my file before it goes under review.
Yes, any schools that do not screen will send you secondaries all at once.do they wait until your primary is verified to send a secondary?
Has anyone heard anything back from uchc? II ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CONGRATS!!! Was it an email invite or phone call?Just got an II around 9 am this morning for 9/8!!!
CONGRATS!!! Was it an email invite or phone call?
It was an email and they gave three dates to choose from
When did you submit?Just got an II around 9 am this morning for 9/8!!!
II today. Submitted 8/3. OOS applicant. Notified by email.
Congrats! Wow I was complete mid July haven't heard anything 🙁
Hey guys, just wondering, under my check documents section of my application status it shows the secondary application with the date completed on the side. It also shows secondary fee, but with no date (although I did pay for it ages ago). Is this the case with you guys? Just wanna make sure there weren't any processing issues
Thanks
Thanks
Yeah, same hereHey guys, just wondering, under my check documents section of my application status it shows the secondary application with the date completed on the side. It also shows secondary fee, but with no date (although I did pay for it ages ago). Is this the case with you guys? Just wanna make sure there weren't any processing issues
Thanks
Admissions said that the payment date won't show up, because the offices are separate so that's normal!Hey guys, just wondering, under my check documents section of my application status it shows the secondary application with the date completed on the side. It also shows secondary fee, but with no date (although I did pay for it ages ago). Is this the case with you guys? Just wanna make sure there weren't any processing issues
Thanks
Thank you very muchoAdmissions said that the payment date won't show up, because the offices are separate so that's normal!
I'm in state and submitted July 3rdWhen did you submit?
Admissions said that the payment date won't show up, because the offices are separate so that's normal!
How about LORs? Do they show if they have been received? I can't tell if I'm complete or not
As far as I know, LOR status doesn't show up on the application portal. I had to email the admissions office to confirm that my letters had been received.How about LORs? Do they show if they have been received? I can't tell if I'm complete or not
Congrats! Wow I was complete mid July haven't heard anything 🙁
Me too! UCONN is my top choice and this is getting really nerve racking!!! 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Wow I was complete mid July haven't heard anything 🙁
What are your stats and what school did you attend as an undergrad
What are your stats and what school did you attend as an undergrad
3.74 cum, 3.7 sci, 34 MCAT and ug at UCONN 🙂
I think you will be fine, you have great stats. Am like really nervous took my MCAT on august 15th. 3.56 cum, 3.69 sci. I also went to uconn and i graduated last year. Am hoping my work experience as a microbiologist helps because i think i really messed up on the MCAT
I think you will be fine, you have great stats. Am like really nervous took my MCAT on august 15th. 3.56 cum, 3.69 sci. I also went to uconn and i graduated last year. Am hoping my work experience as a microbiologist helps because i think i really messed up on the MCAT
I'm sure you'll be fine too. Yay husky!
Yep this is my top choice and i'm sure it's yours too. Hopefully we both get IIs 🙂
A
Accio
Anybody IS hear back about an II? I know a couple of friends had interviews, but they are in the combined program.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
