-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Connecticut
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Wondering the same. Saw a few earlier this wk on admitAnyone IS got II recently?
bluemushroom03
Full Member
Last year suggests beginning of May after the CTE deadline. I am also in the same position :/Do we know when AL movement might happen?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anemonegreek
New Member
I got II on 1/27 for 1/30. Be ready to go just in case! ISAnyone IS got II recently?
curiousblizzard
Full Member
That’s promising. Thanks and congrats! Do you mind sharing your LM and when you submitted? And if you sent them any letters or communications before your II?I got II on 1/27 for 1/30. Be ready to go just in case! IS
i havent yet 🙁 was hoping I wouldCurious has anyone OOS UConn undergrad received an interview invite?
My second time applying to UConn and I think since they accept so many in state which probably means a good amount went to UConn then it hurts OOS UConn grads. 🙁i havent yet 🙁 was hoping I would
yeahhh... i did call them tho last week to ask if they accept additional LOR (which they do thru AMCAS since it auto-adds to ur file) and they said they interview thru march and are still sending invites for a few more weeksMy second time applying to UConn and I think since they accept so many in state which probably means a good amount went to UConn then it hurts OOS UConn grads. 🙁
Congrats hoping for the best for you!! When do you interview?OOS interview invite 2/2
Is there an accepted students group?
fruitypebblez
New Member
I work w/ admissions and UConn’s last interview date was 2/16. TBD if we offer more interview dates but they told us that until further notice 2/16 is last day for II
Any in-state II movement? Any hope?
gobirds1234
Full Member
Any word and AL movement?I work w/ admissions and UConn’s last interview date was 2/16. TBD if we offer more interview dates but they told us that until further notice 2/16 is last day for II
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Have you heard back yet? How long does it usually take?I got II on 1/27 for 1/30. Be ready to go just in case! IS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cluelessHawk
Full Member
How many people generally are on the waitlist, and how many people get off? Does an earlier interview then a waitlist help with ranking?I work w/ admissions and UConn’s last interview date was 2/16. TBD if we offer more interview dates but they told us that until further notice 2/16 is last day for II
Did you get an email?it looks like financial aid packages are out. a little disappointed but its not gonna get much cheaper than that lol
no. I saw their Instagram story, and I was trying to make sure I could log onto the portal. It was already posted thereDid you get an email?
Which portal did you check pls?no. I saw their Instagram story, and I was trying to make sure I could log onto the portal. It was already posted there
I got an email yesterday it was on student admin portalWhich portal did you check pls?
Thanks for your response. Do you mind if I ask about your finaid application date? I completed mine around mid-December and have not heard/received anything yet🙏🏽no. I saw their Instagram story, and I was trying to make sure I could log onto the portal. It was already posted there
I did it around the same timeThanks for your response. Do you mind if I ask about your finaid application date? I completed mine around mid-December and have not heard/received anything yet🙏🏽
bluemushroom03
Full Member
Does UConn accept LOI? On the Alternate List and its one of my top choices
curiousblizzard
Full Member
No they don’t unfortunatelyDoes UConn accept LOI? On the Alternate List and its one of my top choices
curiousblizzard
Full Member
When do we think 2/16 interview date decisions are going out? They said mid March but their spring break is the March 14-22. Not sure if admissions still works during that time.
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Have you interviewed?Do we think if no news by now I should expect R?
Nope I haventHave you interviewed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are they done sending interview invites out? like if I haven't gotten an II at this point, should i just expect an R?
Most movements happen after April 30 when applicants have made commitment to attend a particular school. If you’re waitlisted, keep your🤞coz you do have a chance🙏🏽Does anyone know when waitlist movement will begin to occur?
stdoctor
New Member
I know they say they don't rank their waitlist but my interview was 10/10 and I got AL on 10/29, which seems early-ish in the cycle, would this influence how soon I hear back?Most movements happen after April 30 when applicants have made commitment to attend a particular school. If you’re waitlisted, keep your🤞coz you do have a chance🙏🏽
I’m not sure how UConn in particular select students from waitlist but if you agreed to be placed on a WL that early, you should be hopeful as long as you continue to show interest.I know they say they don't rank their waitlist but my interview was 10/10 and I got AL on 10/29, which seems early-ish in the cycle, would this influence how soon I hear back?
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Does anyone have previous years data on alt list movement?
cluelessHawk
Full Member
Same exact thing, I think my interview was great and I also had Sept II. I am not sure how much an earlier will influence. Do you know how they are ranking the waitlist?I know they say they don't rank their waitlist but my interview was 10/10 and I got AL on 10/29, which seems early-ish in the cycle, would this influence how soon I hear back?
bluemushroom03
Full Member
From the website:Does Uconn accept letters of intent from applicants on the alternate list?
I want to supplement my AMCAS application. Can I send additional information (grades, current shadowing, research experience, etc.) to you to be included with my original application?
No. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are not able to update your file. However, should you be selected for an interview, please bring the updated information with you on that day.Not sure tbh. I sent an update letter right after my interview but not sure if you can do it now if its been a while.
stdoctor
New Member
I sent them my updated activities right after my interview, I am more so asking if they would accept a letter now just emphasizing/confirming interest as someone on the waitlist. I don't remember if they said they accept them or not.From the website:
I want to supplement my AMCAS application. Can I send additional information (grades, current shadowing, research experience, etc.) to you to be included with my original application?
No. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are not able to update your file. However, should you be selected for an interview, please bring the updated information with you on that day.
Not sure tbh. I sent an update letter right after my interview but not sure if you can do it now if its been a while.
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Unfortunately they said they didn’t accept them 🙁 I called and askedI sent them my updated activities right after my interview, I am more so asking if they would accept a letter now just emphasizing/confirming interest as someone on the waitlist. I don't remember if they said they accept them or not.
bluemushroom03
Full Member
Anyone know how many are pulled from the alternate list? On Admit it says they accept about 2/3 of people who they interview but not sure if the As and Rs include people from AL.
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Can you like this if you’re on the AL? I know not everyone uses SDN but I’d like to know if we’re talking 10-20 or like 50-100
cluelessHawk
Full Member
Pretty sure it includes acceptances off the waitlist.Anyone know how many are pulled from the alternate list? On Admit it says they accept about 2/3 of people who they interview but not sure if the As and Rs include people from AL.
stdoctor
New Member
cycle track shows that 5 people have logged that they are on the waitlist, I didn't log my entry, so that makes at least 6 peopleCan you like this if you’re on the AL? I know not everyone uses SDN but I’d like to know if we’re talking 10-20 or like 50-100
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Did they say anything at second look about waitlist movement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Wondering the same thingcycle track shows one logged acceptance on April 18th, could that be waitlist movement?
astrocyte99
New Member
Looks like someone tracked an A on Admit yesterday too, maybe WL movement?
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Ugh I wish ppl would say!!Looks like someone tracked an A on Admit yesterday too, maybe WL movement?
cluelessHawk
Full Member
Did anyone receive any emails about alternate list updates or any sort of communication this month?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K