curiousblizzard
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same 🙁 When did you guys submit? And just MD or Md/phd?Nope!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same 🙁 When did you guys submit? And just MD or Md/phd?Nope!
MD and submitted 7/02Same. When did you guys submit? And just MD or Md/phd?
Same MD submitted late Aug this wait is killing meeee. I’m surprised you haven’t heard with such an early submission. I feel for you because you’ve been waiting even longer than me, but I’m sure that you will!!MD and submitted 7/02
Thank you, and likewise! I will not worry until March, lol 🙂Same MD submitted late Aug this wait is killing meeee. I’m surprised you haven’t heard with such an early submission, but I’m sure that you will!!
love that mindset!!Thank you, and likewise! I will not worry until March, lol 🙂
I was given an invite 5 days before the proposed date. In the email, they acknowledged the timing as late notice. I didn't mind haha I was just excited to get an inviteHow did the interview invite emails look like for you guys? Is it normal to have a 2 day notice for the interview?
Congrats!!! Did you get it today via email? Do you mind sharing around what time? Congrats to you!!+IS II!! Complete application 7/02. Feeling so blessed 💗
Thank you! I got it at 2:45 PMCongrats!!! Did you get it today via email? Do you mind sharing around what time? Congrats to you!!
When did you interview if I may ask?11/13 OOS AL , hoping for movement soon?
End of Oct!When did you interview if I may ask?
Submitted 8/2 and LM 73Congrats on the II. Can you please share submit date and LM?
I got that too. I didn't submit the secondary bc life happened and I couldn't make the deadline. I got another email basically telling me that they extended my deadline for the secondary which I thought was interesting. The pessemistic side of me is telling me they want that sweet secondary money but who knows.I got an email saying"University of Connecticut Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application" and it's telling me to sign into my portal and fill out a new form with my prereqs. Does this mean anything, like is this something that comes before an II? Or does everyone get this
It was, and I completed it when submitting back in July. The new "activity" form I received today via email had some of the courses literally listed twice - meaning, my original responses for "chemistry lab" etc. were still there, but there were duplicate entry spaces that were empty. It said the 'activity' was due "30 days from this email" and included the date of Dec. 19th, so I'm not sure exactly how much this was a glitch.I think prereq form was part of the secondary app
LM 66congrats! LM?
When do they typically see alternate list movement. I am IS AL.11/13 OOS AL , hoping for movement soon?
Maybe this year will be different but according to admit.org, it's a 66% acceptance rate post interview.how brutal is UConn for post-II acceptance rates?
I saw one spreadsheet with USNWR data that said 78% OOS. Seems a bit high but one can hopeMaybe this year will be different but according to admit.org, it's a 66% acceptance rate post interview.
A month out from the date of invitationCan anyone who was invited recently tell us when their interviews were being scheduled roughly?
Mine was a week and a half after my invitationCan anyone who was invited recently tell us when their interviews were being scheduled roughly?
Mine was like 3 weeks outCan anyone who was invited recently tell us when their interviews were being scheduled roughly?
So like no "Dear admissions committee, thank you for taking time to review......"? Just this: Activity: hours, etc?In my interview they stated that updates should be sent to the admissions email within a week of your interview date and should be structured like an AMCAS activities entry. Don’t think that was communicated elsewhere so may be worth contacting them to confirm.
I did not personally submit one so I don't know, but I would assume formalities like that would be fine to include.So like no "Dear admissions committee, thank you for taking time to review......"? Just this: Activity: hours, etc?
Thanks for this. Also from sdn/cycle track/admit it seems that they stop giving IIs early to mid Feb at the latest. And also none in second half of December. They’re prolly around halfway through interview season but more than halfway through sending out IIs :/Rough math based on info from their website:
-320 invited for interview
~9 per day (max) on Mon and Fri (total 18)
Timing: Mid -Sept thru March.
So total interview weeks ~18
Removing holiday weeks, looks like 9 weeks of interviews have been conducted. So half way thru?....
No, but Just saw an II on admitAnyone IS hear back this week?
They only got 520 IS apps?Yes hoping. Not sure where they are in the process. Some highlevel numbers
Based on aamc facts sheet # of IS apps: ~520
46% IS interviewed: ~240
IS Matriculants: ~70
Expect about atleast 60% interviewed to get an offer ~150
Still holding out hope hereAnyone else here IS still hoping for an II?
Anyone else here IS still hoping for an II?
Same although I know it’s unrealistic atpStill holding out hope here
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.