2024-2025 Connecticut

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UConn emailed me about 10 days ago asking me to update my pre-reqs. However, I can't complete the request because I can't update my AMCAS transcript (I recently registered for a course that will satisfy the requirement).

I emailed them about this issue 5 days ago but have not received a response. I understand response times may be longer due to the holidays, but does anyone know how long UConn typically takes to reply? Additionally, I used the 'Contact Us' form on their website instead of emailing directly—could that delay their response?

I don't want to seem overbearing, but I also don't to wait until the last minute because they gave me a 30-day deadline. I am considering sending a follow-up email in two days if I still haven't heard back.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
 
UConn emailed me about 10 days ago asking me to update my pre-reqs. However, I can't complete the request because I can't update my AMCAS transcript (I recently registered for a course that will satisfy the requirement).

I emailed them about this issue 5 days ago but have not received a response. I understand response times may be longer due to the holidays, but does anyone know how long UConn typically takes to reply? Additionally, I used the 'Contact Us' form on their website instead of emailing directly—could that delay their response?

I don't want to seem overbearing, but I also don't to wait until the last minute because they gave me a 30-day deadline. I am considering sending a follow-up email in two days if I still haven't heard back.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
I would email directly. I hadn’t heard back about interviews scheduling on a short-notice II, so I followed up and they responded pretty quick after my follow-up email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I'm in the middle of writing a post-II update letter, but I forget if a specific format was mentioned. I saw in the previous year's thread that the dean had requested AMCAS letter formatting, but I didn't have anything written down about structuring the letter based on that on interview day. The update letter deadline for me is coming up very soon, so if anyone can advise me on this, that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
 
Hi everyone! I'm in the middle of writing a post-II update letter, but I forget if a specific format was mentioned. I saw in the previous year's thread that the dean had requested AMCAS letter formatting, but I didn't have anything written down about structuring the letter based on that on interview day. The update letter deadline for me is coming up very soon, so if anyone can advise me on this, that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
I think on Monday the dean said it should be in AMCAS format. Name of the activity, hours completed, contact info, and a short blurb for the reflection part!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has UConn been pretty accurate with their post-II timeline? I interviewed here a couple weeks before Christmas. They said to expect a decision towards the end of January, just wanna know if I should be obsessing right now lol
 
Has UConn been pretty accurate with their post-II timeline? I interviewed here a couple weeks before Christmas. They said to expect a decision towards the end of January, just wanna know if I should be obsessing right now lol
Idk about their previous timeline, but I interviewed early January and they told my group that we would hear back at the very tail end of January at the earliest, but it could possibly be early Feb
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone feel like they really decreased the number of in state interview invites they sent this cycle as compared to previous cycles? i'm IS with similar stats to their average and strong ties to the school and have heard absolutely nothing.
 
does anyone feel like they really decreased the number of in state interview invites they sent this cycle as compared to previous cycles? i'm IS with similar stats to their average and strong ties to the school and have heard absolutely nothing.
I am in state as well. I think this forum has definitely seen a lot of OOS action compared to in state. Of course not everyone posts to these forums but I would have expected more in state feedback on here although I have not compared it to previous years. I am hoping we get an interview at least in the next month. My stats are also very average for this school as well lol. It is my top choice.
 
Wondering the same thing about th waitlist. Curious if anyone had a post II R?
Based on what I saw on CycleTrack, they seem to give a decent number of post-II Rs, probably even more than waitlists. However, CycleTrack can be extremely unrepresentative due to the small sample size, so I think its more in the line of 50% A 25% WL, and 25% R.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my financial aid package in their student system. I am very confused by the layout, but as far as I can tell, I got nothing LOL