-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 University of Pittsburgh Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Status says:
Admission Data Form
Not Completed.
I don't complete this unless I'm admitted right? Everything else is complete for me
Right. No one should be completing the admission data form until they receive an offer of admission after Jan 31 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they still dont have my letters. damn pitt step to it
Did you call the admissions office? I'm sure they will be able to clear it up for you.
Very happy to have received an offer to interview here! Good luck to everyone applying!
I was also a very early interviewee at Pitt.
Turned out well...
In fact out of the 7-8 applicants on my interview day, 3-4 of us ended up matriculating (I have no idea how many of us from that day were accepted, could have been 100% for all I know).
That said, don't come in overconfident, but it is a good sign that likely -- at first glance on paper -- you jumped out as a student Pitt would like to have.
You flatter me! I am very excited to be interviewing here early, but I know full well that my foot is only just in the door right now.I was also a very early interviewee at Pitt.
Turned out well...
In fact out of the 7-8 applicants on my interview day, 3-4 of us ended up matriculating (I have no idea how many of us from that day were accepted, could have been 100% for all I know).
That said, don't come in overconfident, but it is a good sign that likely -- at first glance on paper -- you jumped out as a student Pitt would like to have.
They just marked my letters as complete - submitted secondary a week ago
how do we send updates to pitt?
The
the FAQ on the application site has instructions for updates.
how do we send updates to pitt?
the FAQ on the application site has instructions for updates.
The
the FAQ on the application site has instructions for updates.
do you think I should update them saying i've successfully defended my thesis and graduated from my master's program? this happened like 2 weeks after i submitted my primary app.
do you think I should update them saying i've successfully defended my thesis and graduated from my master's program? this happened like 2 weeks after i submitted my primary app.
There's no harm in updating, but I don't think it's necessary. You have the masters program on your application, and it's expected that you'll complete it, so it's unlikely that it's something that will factor into the decision to invite for an interview. You can bring it up when you interview or include it in a post-interview update letter to officially have it on file. I think the FAQ says that the best time to send updates is after the interview or after a wait list decision (please correct me if I'm wrong about that) but if you have a significant update, you can send it whenever.
II ten minutes ago.
Came back from a repeatedly failing experiment to find that little piece of joy in my inbox. Tears. Actual tears.
Can't wait to see you in person, Pitt! Good luck to all you fellow applicants and interviewees!
Came back from a repeatedly failing experiment to find that little piece of joy in my inbox. Tears. Actual tears.
Can't wait to see you in person, Pitt! Good luck to all you fellow applicants and interviewees!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
still no secondary. Anyone know if there is any type screen for it? Anyone else waiting?
There are no secondary screens. Everyone gets one unless there is a glitch.
Congrats to the IIs!
II just now! Weird time of day but I'm pumped to get my first. OOS, 3.75/37. Submitted secondary 07/08.
Congrats for the recent II's! Here's something else to make you happy: http://www.post-gazette.com/local/2...that-causes-pancreatitis/stories/201407170241
Congrats to all who received an II! 🙂
Any mstp interviews yet? Its so annoying how they require mentor letters to be re-sent, thats the only thing holding up my app at this point! But i love pitt so its worth it 🙂
Status says:
Invited to complete supplemental application.
Which I completed and submitted a week ago. Should my status have changed by now? Or is this just a place holder until they look at my application?
Invited to complete supplemental application.
Which I completed and submitted a week ago. Should my status have changed by now? Or is this just a place holder until they look at my application?
Status says:
Invited to complete supplemental application.
Which I completed and submitted a week ago. Should my status have changed by now? Or is this just a place holder until they look at my application?
I have the same question. For people with II's, did you have an "under review" status before receiving the invite?
I have the same question. For people with II's, did you have an "under review" status before receiving the invite?
Honestly can't recall with 100% certainty, but I think mine just said "application complete." However, it may have changed before my II... I don't believe Pitt updates you via e-mail with status changes.
Honestly can't recall with 100% certainty, but I think mine just said "application complete." However, it may have changed before my II... I don't believe Pitt updates you via e-mail with status changes.
same question now thaty ou mention it. My secondary is submitted but the status jsut says invited to complete supp app.
Mine too. I think that it is indicative of the highest level of correspondence Pitt has had with you?same question now thaty ou mention it. My secondary is submitted but the status jsut says invited to complete supp app.
Status says:
Invited to complete supplemental application.
Which I completed and submitted a week ago. Should my status have changed by now? Or is this just a place holder until they look at my application?
My status was the same last Wednesday morning, but when I checked after getting an II it had changed to "under review". I think the invited to complete secondary status is just a placeholder before they go over your app.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really back and forth on whether or not to fill out this secondary...OOS/34/3.85+ with standard EC's. A little too out of reach or maybe worth the $85? Seems like an awesome school.
It is a personal decision.
Your numbers certainly give you a valid shot...and it is a great/awesome school indeed.
Nevertheless, expenses can sure rack up during the application process. 85 bucks is 85 bucks... so one must pick wisely -- you're right.
Submitted secondary last night --> complete & II today!! (3.77/38) First II too!
Congrats on the ii! I'm impressed by the fast turn around.
Yeah I submitted yesterday as well too, but not listed as complete yet... maybe tomorrow!
Congrats on the ii! I'm impressed by the fast turn around.
when did you submit?II! First one haha. (3.85+, 38+)
when did you submit?
7/9
That's encouraging! I was getting worried at all the immediate turnarounds. And congrats on the interview 🙂 🙂 🙂
II today! So happy that Pitts has invited me. 

Hay hay II twin! 😀 Congratulations!II today! So happy that Pitts has invited me.![]()
II today! So happy that Pitts has invited me.![]()
Congrats! Just don't call us Pitts 😛 😛
I think I gave a mini pronunciation lesson in last year's thread, so here it is again as people prepare for interviews next month. 🙂
The med school building: Scaife Hall. Pronounced as 1 syllable: "skayf"
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is a mouthful, and people often shorten it. If you want to be really correct with shortening it, it's just "Pitt" or "PittMed." Calling it "UPitt" won't grossly offend anyone or affect your application or anything remotely like that, but it's a pet peeve of mine and Pitt students in general, though mainly for those of us who attended undergrad here, when people say UPitt. 😀
Also, you're applying to Pitt/PittMed, not UPMC. I know the two can be a little confusing for people not familiar, and I've seen a couple people referring to UPMC as the med school before.
I know interviews are a little under a month away, so feel free to ask questions here! I think at this point we have every year covered in terms of regular SDN users who attend Pitt 😉
The med school building: Scaife Hall. Pronounced as 1 syllable: "skayf"
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is a mouthful, and people often shorten it. If you want to be really correct with shortening it, it's just "Pitt" or "PittMed." Calling it "UPitt" won't grossly offend anyone or affect your application or anything remotely like that, but it's a pet peeve of mine and Pitt students in general, though mainly for those of us who attended undergrad here, when people say UPitt. 😀
Also, you're applying to Pitt/PittMed, not UPMC. I know the two can be a little confusing for people not familiar, and I've seen a couple people referring to UPMC as the med school before.
I know interviews are a little under a month away, so feel free to ask questions here! I think at this point we have every year covered in terms of regular SDN users who attend Pitt 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I gave a mini pronunciation lesson in last year's thread, so here it is again as people prepare for interviews next month. 🙂
The med school building: Scaife Hall. Pronounced as 1 syllable: "skayf"
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is a mouthful, and people often shorten it. If you want to be really correct with shortening it, it's just "Pitt" or "PittMed." Calling it "UPitt" won't grossly offend anyone or affect your application or anything remotely like that, but it's a pet peeve of mine and Pitt students in general, though mainly for those of us who attended undergrad here, when people say UPitt. 😀
Also, you're applying to Pitt/PittMed, not UPMC. I know the two can be a little confusing for people not familiar, and I've seen a couple people referring to UPMC as the med school before.
I know interviews are a little under a month away, so feel free to ask questions here! I think at this point we have every year covered in terms of regular SDN users who attend Pitt 😉
Thanks for the heads up! Really like seeing the strong Pitt presence on SDN – seems like you have a very involved student body.
Quick question, but do you have any idea when the student hosting program will be up and running? I know you guys probably have to find new hosts, but any insight would be appreciated. 🙂 Can't wait to visit!
So I looked at my Pitt app again, and the first time I scrolled through my courses, they showed up, but upon second pass, they disappeared! Like from the submitted app. Any ideas on if this is a glitch that I should seriously get checked out or am I just over exaggerating and should just wait several days before emailing and seeing if everything is alright.
Thanks for the heads up! Really like seeing the strong Pitt presence on SDN – seems like you have a very involved student body.
Quick question, but do you have any idea when the student hosting program will be up and running? I know you guys probably have to find new hosts, but any insight would be appreciated. 🙂 Can't wait to visit!
That's something the class of 2017 officers will set up. I'd imagine something will be put together sometime in August, but I know that people with very early interviews would probably like to get hosting or hotel squared away sooner rather than later. @Frazier can poke his classmates for an answer 🙂
So I looked at my Pitt app again, and the first time I scrolled through my courses, they showed up, but upon second pass, they disappeared! Like from the submitted app. Any ideas on if this is a glitch that I should seriously get checked out or am I just over exaggerating and should just wait several days before emailing and seeing if everything is alright.
The application page is glitchy, has been since my app year and I'm sure for years before. If you submitted, I can pretty much guarantee that the data is not erased from your file, even if it disappeared from the application website. You can always double check with the admissions office tomorrow to be completely sure 🙂
Okay, someone help me here. I submitted my application a week ago, paid, and received payment confirmation by email. I didn't get submission confirmation via email; however, under the "APPLICATION STATUS", my page says "Submitted."
But... If I click on the README tab and scroll to the bottom, there's another link for checking the status of the application. After logging in there, it says my application is incomplete. Can someone else please check this on their page? Same thing? Also, is anyone seeing "Under Review" or something like that on their page?
Thanks!
But... If I click on the README tab and scroll to the bottom, there's another link for checking the status of the application. After logging in there, it says my application is incomplete. Can someone else please check this on their page? Same thing? Also, is anyone seeing "Under Review" or something like that on their page?
Thanks!
That's something the class of 2017 officers will set up. I'd imagine something will be put together sometime in August, but I know that people with very early interviews would probably like to get hosting or hotel squared away sooner rather than later. @Frazier can poke his classmates for an answer 🙂
The MS2's have been running sign up periods for hosting throughout the summer.
Rest assured, Applicants, you aren't forgotten and everything will be ready as soon as possible.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K