2015-2016 Emory University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also received an interview invitation the other day! MD/MPH, two dates available in late February. I was complete in late July, so, needless to say, I was pretty stunned and excited.
 
Hahaha @wagonwheel23, well-said. I also didn't send an update. But for me it was more of a "oh, you haven't called me in 8 months? Then I'm going to delete your number and pretend I never met you"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know most of us are applicants in pretty much the same boat, but does anybody know how updates are read? Is there a set schedule, like every other week or something, or are they just read as the application is updated?

I just added a fairly substantial update and I'm trying to gauge if it will be read in time to influence my chances of an II at all...not that I'm neurotically waiting for one or anything...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My apologies if that came across as blunt!

I didn't get in this round either 🙁
No no no I'm happy you were blunt. Last time this happened no one really gave me a clear answer and I was left wondering.

Welp, I guess now I gotta hope for a waitlist 🙁
 
No no no I'm happy you were blunt. Last time this happened no one really gave me a clear answer and I was left wondering.

Welp, I guess now I gotta hope for a waitlist 🙁
Hey its still not quite that dire man -- when you say you were supposed to hear back this week, I presume you meant this was when you hoped it'd be? There's still another date in February and one in March you're eligible for...Waitlist doesn't happen til March 31st.
 
No no no I'm happy you were blunt. Last time this happened no one really gave me a clear answer and I was left wondering.

Welp, I guess now I gotta hope for a waitlist 🙁

Keep your head up! Looking at MSAR, Emory accepts a high % from their interviewed applicants. It might take some more time for you to receive an acceptance but at least it's in sight. There's still many, myself included, that'd do anything to just get an interview. It will all work out in the end I think.
 
Hey its still not quite that dire man -- when you say you were supposed to hear back this week, I presume you meant this was when you hoped it'd be? There's still another date in February and one in March you're eligible for...Waitlist doesn't happen til March 31st.
Thanks. And I don't know exactly how their process works. I interviewed the day after their last decision date, so I assumed that I would be put into the next one. This waiting just kills me so much, especially when I'm still unsure if I'll be in med school or not next fall
Keep your head up! Looking at MSAR, Emory accepts a high % from their interviewed applicants. It might take some more time for you to receive an acceptance but at least it's in sight. There's still many, myself included, that'd do anything to just get an interview. It will all work out in the end I think.
Well that's good to hear, hopefully I receive good news soon.

And yeah, I guess I shouldn't complain if I at least got this far. I just thought I really nailed the interview and was so confident in the what the result would be.

Oh well, I'm sure something will work out eventually
 
Does anyone know if Emory posts how many acceptances it has offered this far? I know some schools will update that as the application cycle goes on.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad