You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Emory University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I've been a longtime lurker here, but wanted to get the ball rolling and say I just got the acceptance letter today! It's postmarked 2/19, and I live only a few hours from Atlanta.
The portals should change tomorrow afternoon, as previously predicted.
This is my first acceptance and I couldn't be happier
Good luck to you all!!!
The portals should change tomorrow afternoon, as previously predicted.
This is my first acceptance and I couldn't be happier

Good luck to you all!!!
That is awesome
Maybe posting on here will change my luck. :
Congrats! I am desperate for my first acceptance! When did you interview?I've been a longtime lurker here, but wanted to get the ball rolling and say I just got the acceptance letter today! It's postmarked 2/19, and I live only a few hours from Atlanta.
The portals should change tomorrow afternoon, as previously predicted.
This is my first acceptance and I couldn't be happier
Good luck to you all!!!
Maybe posting on here will change my luck. :

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is awesome
Congrats! I am desperate for my first acceptance! When did you interview?
Maybe posting on here will change my luck. :![]()
Thank you so much!! I interviewed late January. I'm sure you'll get good news soon - they did tell us that pretty much everyone who interviews at Emory gets accepted somewhere!
Just a follow up on my own post.... My roommate apparently did get her acceptance letter today. Yay her :/So my roommate and I are both waiting on a decision from Emory... We share a mailbox..... Live IS near Atlanta.... Tomorrow should be interesting ;___;
I woke up, read the past few posts, and immediately ran down to my mailbox. The letter was there!!!! This was the last acceptance I was waiting on and I couldn't be happier!!!!!! Interviewed 2/8, I guess interviewing so late wasn't the kiss of death that I thought it would be!
Last edited:
Has your portal been updated?I woke up, read the past few posts, and immediately ran down to my mailbox. The letter was there!!!! This was the last acceptance I was waiting on and I couldn't be happier!!!!!! Interviewed 2/8, I guess interviewing so late wasn't the kiss of death that I thought it would be!
Has your portal been updated?
Not yet!
Has your portal been updated?
Not yet!
I just checked again and the admission offer tab is now there. Portals are updated!
I just checked again and the admission offer tab is now there. Portals are updated!
Thanks for the update! Looks like the wait continues on my end. Congratulations on your acceptance!
Anyone who interviewed in the last couple of weeks hear today?
Nope didn't hear anything, interviewed in early February. Seems like just @aalphieee has. N of 1 isn't burden of proof right so hopefully there's still a chance?Anyone who interviewed in the last couple of weeks hear today?
Nope didn't hear anything, interviewed in early February. Seems like just @aalphieee has. N of 1 isn't burden of proof right so hopefully there's still a chance?
+1. Also interviewed early February and nothing.
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ConfirmedCan those of you who received your letter confirm that the portal tab is also available?
Yep. Except it's March 7th.Does no portal change = deferred till March 17 decision date?
Yep. Except it's March 7th.
Is that the one where everyone finds out accepted or waitlist?
Is that the one where everyone finds out accepted or waitlist?
From my understanding, March 7th is the last day that acceptances will be sent out and then alternate emails will roll out through March 30th.
So if we didn't get accepted, we can still be accepted on March 7 or we'll be waitlisted/rejected March 17? Or is it only people who are interviewing this week that could be accepted on March 7?
"Emory SOM: Interview Season has Closed" and I was rejected... Sucks, was hoping for some love from my Alma Mater. Good luck to everyone who got an interview!
"Emory SOM: Interview Season has Closed" and I was rejected... Sucks, was hoping for some love from my Alma Mater. Good luck to everyone who got an interview!
+1 ... The season continues to be long, grueling, and torturous! Good luck everyone.
rejected today
rejected today
Pre-II or post interview?
Pre interview!Pre-II or post interview?
Pre-II or post interview?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure any rejections now are pre-II. Sorry to hear people are getting the rejection letters, it's never easy. Good luck with all other applications you're waiting on! Don't let it get you down!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 The school with almost the longest silence for me!rejected today
They don't waste admin time. Best wishes to all going to Atlanta.
They finally made it official. Rejected this morning.
To everyone who didn't get to interview at Emory, I wish you all the best of luck at your chosen / future schools! (Looks like a couple of you have some great options.)
To everyone still waiting: How does Emory rank on your lists? Would you hold out on the waitlist if this time (knock on wood) is a no-go?
To everyone still waiting: How does Emory rank on your lists? Would you hold out on the waitlist if this time (knock on wood) is a no-go?
Hey all, just wanted to say congrats to all who have been accepted, and to those that are waiting to hear back from your interviews, keep your heads up!!
I was just wondering if Emory does a Second Look Weekend for its selected students? I know this is pretty commonplace at other schools, but I haven't seen anything about this for Emory. Thanks!!
I was just wondering if Emory does a Second Look Weekend for its selected students? I know this is pretty commonplace at other schools, but I haven't seen anything about this for Emory. Thanks!!
Yup! It's limited to 25 or so students if I recall, so you're encouraged to only go if you really need help deciding between schools.Hey all, just wanted to say congrats to all who have been accepted, and to those that are waiting to hear back from your interviews, keep your heads up!!
I was just wondering if Emory does a Second Look Weekend for its selected students? I know this is pretty commonplace at other schools, but I haven't seen anything about this for Emory. Thanks!!
There's also a "housing weekend" later in the spring for students who have decided on Emory to come check out housing options and meet classmates/potential roommates, and that's not limited!
Hi all:
Anyone heard of March 7th decisions? Thanks
Anyone heard of March 7th decisions? Thanks
Man, did not receive an acceptance from emory (i interviewed in october), also my alma mater. I will put myself on the waitlist but I am now emotionally detaching from them and now focusing on my state school acceptance. Should I put high hopes on the wait list? Do a lot of people get off Emory's waitlist?
btw should I send Emory a letter of intent?
btw should I send Emory a letter of intent?
Does anyone have any info about the second look coming up? I've only received the invitation and that was like a month ago
Does anyone have any info about the second look coming up? I've only received the invitation and that was like a month ago
I was accepted in November but didn't receive any information regarding Second Look... was it in an email or something? I'm expecting them to send something soon since their last official week of reviewing applications just came and went
If they have send out letters yesterday, then its too early yetAnyone have the privilege of getting an acceptance yet?
If they have send out letters yesterday, then its too early yet
They update the portal Tuesday after sending letters out Monday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They just updated my portal!! So excited!!!
They just updated my portal!! So excited!!!
Congrats! Looks like a rejection for me. Hope others still waiting get better news!
Congrats! Looks like a rejection for me. Hope others still waiting get better news!
+1. Congrats to all who were accepted.
If our portal does not change, is that a rejection?
If our portal does not change, is that a rejection?
The way I understand it, all straight-out acceptances have been handed out at this point. March 30th we'll find out if we're wait listed or rejected.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K