You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Emory University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Out of curiosity - is anyone else bothered by the 'you could be one of us' thing on the front page? Lol 😛
Hahaha I never noticed that. "Could" being the key word there...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted m AMCAS 6/2 verified 6/10. All my stuff LOR, MCAT, completed AMCAS was sent over to all my schools on 7/2. I received virtually all me secondaries except Emory's. I don't like how they tell us to apply early, yet they make us wait when we have everything ready. I could understand if their screen process did more than just look at our numbers. BTW my numbers are above their prescreen.I was complete 7/2, they sent my secondary 7/10, and it disappeared in my inbox 🙁 I called today thinking I still hadn't received a secondary.... ugh..... however they told me that even if I turned it in in a few weeks that it is still verrrrryyy early so everyone can chill. 😉
Emory screens?
I submitted m AMCAS 6/2 verified 6/10. All my stuff LOR, MCAT, completed AMCAS was sent over to all my schools on 7/2. I received virtually all me secondaries except Emory's. I don't like how they tell us to apply early, yet they make us wait when we have everything ready. I could understand if their screen process did more than just look at our numbers. BTW my numbers are above their prescreen.
Call them!!!!!!
That's how I found out. She will look your app up immediately and see what's going on.
If your MCAT is below a 27, or any sub section is lower than 8 you don't get a secondary. It's a very quick screen; that's all they look at.Emory screens?
Any other June MCAT testers still listed as "MCAT not received" on the portal?
Yep.Any other June MCAT testers still listed as "MCAT not received" on the portal?
Yep.
Good to know 🙂 which doesn't make sense because they had to screen something for my secondary.
June tester here, my mcat has been received.Good to know 🙂 which doesn't make sense because they had to screen something for my secondary.
I submitted m AMCAS 6/2 verified 6/10. All my stuff LOR, MCAT, completed AMCAS was sent over to all my schools on 7/2. I received virtually all me secondaries except Emory's. I don't like how they tell us to apply early, yet they make us wait when we have everything ready. I could understand if their screen process did more than just look at our numbers. BTW my numbers are above their prescreen.
When they say "early" they probably mean until middle of August.
Went to check the status of my application on the portal, and it says I never paid or submitted, although I have a receipt from July 22 stating otherwise. Has anybody else had this problem?
Just submitted! Emory, please love me.
Any other June MCAT testers still listed as "MCAT not received" on the portal?
I was a june test taker. On my status page it says my mcat has not been received but on the mcat tab of the secondary it says that they have received it and to not worry if the status tab says they haven't received it. Sounds like they are having technical issues with their status page.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received a confirmation email once they submitted the secondary? I submitted 7/15 and it still doesn't say application complete like on the other portals.
Yeah it should give you one, I just checked after reading this, realized I forgot to submit 3 weeks ago when I got it, submitted and got a confirmation 5 minutes later.Has anyone received a confirmation email once they submitted the secondary? I submitted 7/15 and it still doesn't say application complete like on the other portals.
Is anyone having trouble loading the web page for the supplemental application? I just can't seem to access it via https://www.mdapply.med.emory.edu Am I using the wrong link? What is the web browser/link you guys are using?
That link works for me. Try using Chrome
Does anyone know how to do the course requirement page? I have two concerns:
1) Does AP Credit Count as meeting the requirement? For example: I took AP Chemistry and received credit for CHEM1 + Lab and CHEM2; I took CHEM2 Lab at my undergrad. Would I check off "yes" on the "do you plan to meet this requirement" and list AP Chemistry Credit and CHEM2 Lab?
2) Should we list the minimum number of courses that meet the requirements or should we list all of the courses that fit into the category? For example: I have 3 Biology + Lab courses that fit the category. Should I only list two of them?
1) Does AP Credit Count as meeting the requirement? For example: I took AP Chemistry and received credit for CHEM1 + Lab and CHEM2; I took CHEM2 Lab at my undergrad. Would I check off "yes" on the "do you plan to meet this requirement" and list AP Chemistry Credit and CHEM2 Lab?
2) Should we list the minimum number of courses that meet the requirements or should we list all of the courses that fit into the category? For example: I have 3 Biology + Lab courses that fit the category. Should I only list two of them?
2). I listed only the minimum. I'm not sure about your first question though.Does anyone know how to do the course requirement page? I have two concerns:
1) Does AP Credit Count as meeting the requirement? For example: I took AP Chemistry and received credit for CHEM1 + Lab and CHEM2; I took CHEM2 Lab at my undergrad. Would I check off "yes" on the "do you plan to meet this requirement" and list AP Chemistry Credit and CHEM2 Lab?
2) Should we list the minimum number of courses that meet the requirements or should we list all of the courses that fit into the category? For example: I have 3 Biology + Lab courses that fit the category. Should I only list two of them?
I listed minimum as well. You could check their website for ap stuffDoes anyone know how to do the course requirement page? I have two concerns:
1) Does AP Credit Count as meeting the requirement? For example: I took AP Chemistry and received credit for CHEM1 + Lab and CHEM2; I took CHEM2 Lab at my undergrad. Would I check off "yes" on the "do you plan to meet this requirement" and list AP Chemistry Credit and CHEM2 Lab?
2) Should we list the minimum number of courses that meet the requirements or should we list all of the courses that fit into the category? For example: I have 3 Biology + Lab courses that fit the category. Should I only list two of them?
I listed minimum as well. You could check their website for ap stuff
Well the website says they accept it, but the secondary does not specify. :/ When I called on Friday, I was on hold for like 45 min.
I don't even remember filling this course requirement out and it's making me paranoid nowWell the website says they accept it, but the secondary does not specify. :/ When I called on Friday, I was on hold for like 45 min.

What on their website gives you that feel? I just started at Emory so I don't feel qualified to fully answer this and other questions being asked here, but I just have to say that couldn't be farther from what I've experienced so far.Anyone know what the atmosphere at Emory is like? After looking through their website quite a bit, I'm getting a sort of very strict and formal feel from the school.
Just call them.Anyone else still waiting for a secondary? I was verified on July 11. My stats would pass any screen.
Does calling actually work? I did that last Friday, and my stats pass their screen.Just call them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know but I received their secondary less than 24 hours after my AMCAS was verified, so if you've been waiting that long I'm guessing you slipped through the cracks. If it was me, I would call.Does calling actually work? I did that last Friday, and my stats pass their screen.
Does anyone know if Emory is really strict on that 18 hours of Humanities??? I just don't have even half of that and I didn't realize it until I submitted my primary, got the secondary, and saw we had to fill out our courses, I see on MSAR it is required, so is there no point in applying now?
Does anyone know if Emory is really strict on that 18 hours of Humanities??? I just don't have even half of that and I didn't realize it until I submitted my primary, got the secondary, and saw we had to fill out our courses, I see on MSAR it is required, so is there no point in applying now?
I used Philosophy, Theology, Art, Humanities, and Literature courses to fulfill that requirement. Not sure if that's right, but all those courses were included in my core general education curriculum and I believe could be considered "Humanities" although not explicitly in that department.
Yeah I was a bit surprised by the humanities requirement too, but they do accept courses in a lot of different fields for that requirement... 🙂
http://www.med.emory.edu/education/admissions/md/faq.html#General_Questions2
http://www.med.emory.edu/education/admissions/md/faq.html#General_Questions2
Does anyone know if Emory is really strict on that 18 hours of Humanities??? I just don't have even half of that and I didn't realize it until I submitted my primary, got the secondary, and saw we had to fill out our courses, I see on MSAR it is required, so is there no point in applying now?
I could be completely wrong but I used a huge variety of courses to fulfill this requirement. If your school has any sort of General Education requirements, you definitely have completed the 18 hours (at least by my definition of humanities). Take a look at the link posted by NJvincanity and remember that it still says those are just examples. Humanities are anything involving human culture. So like anything that isn't science lol
Foreign Language classes are included in the Humanities requirement which is really helpful 🙂
It seems like Emory takes a while to process our files. I completed my secondary and submitted all my LORs on 7/27 and still haven't got the complete email from them.
Hmmmmm I would maybe call them about that cause I received the "complete" email the same day I turned my secondary application in.
Hmmmmm I would maybe call them about that cause I received the "complete" email the same day I turned my secondary application in.
+1 I got the email immediately when I hit submit.
Hmmmmm I would maybe call them about that cause I received the "complete" email the same day I turned my secondary application in.
I did receive the "Received Supplemental" email, but not the "complete." Guess i'll call.
Foreign Language classes are included in the Humanities requirement which is really helpful 🙂
Yeah I was a bit surprised by the humanities requirement too, but they do accept courses in a lot of different fields for that requirement... 🙂
http://www.med.emory.edu/education/admissions/md/faq.html#General_Questions2
Thanks. I definitely meet the requirements.
Can u let us know if there was a glitch? In the same predicament as youI did receive the "Received Supplemental" email, but not the "complete." Guess i'll call.
I had this problem. I had to completely resubmit my application today instead of 7/22 when I originally did. But whatcha gonna do...Can u let us know if there was a glitch? In the same predicament as you
just submitted secondary!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I never got a complete email, but my portal shows i'm complete. Probably just a glitch
I never got a complete email, but my portal shows i'm complete. Probably just a glitch
+1 here. Don't know whether I should call or not
+1 here. Don't know whether I should call or not
When I check the timeline of changes in my portal, it shows that a "complete" email was sent to me (and for some reason, I just didn't receive it).
I don't think it's a big deal
When I check the timeline of changes in my portal, it shows that a "complete" email was sent to me (and for some reason, I just didn't receive it).
I don't think it's a big deal
Ohh mine does too. Good call!
I'm having issues loading the application too. And I was using chrome. Tried it on firefox as well...Is anyone having trouble loading the web page for the supplemental application? I just can't seem to access it via https://www.mdapply.med.emory.edu Am I using the wrong link? What is the web browser/link you guys are using?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K