-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 New York University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Argh... only ~4.5 hours of waiting until I'm very excited or bitterly disappointed.Historically we're looking at 4 PM, I assume we'd have heard from one of them superstar applicants on here if they'd been out for a bit now!
What interview date ranges do you all suppose will hear back today?
From the beginning to mid-October I'd reckon. Missing me by about a week and a half ahhhhh.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based on what happened last year, no... It looks like other decisions (rejections/waitlists) may come out later, in December... But, even if you're not accepted today, I think that there's still a chance that you can be accepted later on.Will they release all decisions? Rejection, waitlist too?
I wouldn't be surprised if the acceptances they sent off today were for the MD/PhD group (that got em this morning like @neurotroph)
I'm glad I got nothing done at work today for absolutely no reason.
Yup. Died a slow death today.
so what are the chances that something happens today :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so what are the chances that something happens today :/
Slim.
Hi guys! So I interviewed here mid/late-October. If I have a few substantial updates, does it make sense to send them before they send out decisions?
Thanks 🙂
Thanks 🙂
Hi guys! So I interviewed here mid/late-October. If I have a few substantial updates, does it make sense to send them before they send out decisions?
Thanks 🙂
I don't think it would make much of a difference honestly.
But it couldn't hurt right?I don't think it would make much of a difference honestly.
...I just want them to know I love them...

Is amp down? the NYU application portal isn't working for me....
It won't load for me either... Maybe this means today's the day?!Is amp down? the NYU application portal isn't working for me....
tbh wouldn't be surprised if something just broke with their website. I've already been let down 4 days in a row now....
The NYU server is down guys, hahah relax, it'll come when it comes.
The NYU server is down guys, hahah relax, it'll come when it comes.
my portal is still up and working. not saying that means anything, just saying.
I think it must have come back up since mine is back up now also hahamy portal is still up and working. not saying that means anything, just saying.
so wait...if we didn't hear does that mean we got the axe........... I interviewed 9/14 and haven't seen jack diddly squat.
It seems like they sent acceptances only to md/PhD applicants. If they sent out mass md acceptances, people would be posting about it here.Maybe? Feels weird that there weren't a bunch of posts from accepted students like in most threads. Maybe they sent out a few and are going to do more later? That's all pure speculation, though.
A friend at NYU seemed to tell me not to worry too much about it bc they do things strangely ?? idk.
keep the faith y'all
keep the faith y'all
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems like they sent acceptances only to md/PhD applicants. If they sent out mass md acceptances, people would be posting about it here.
Yep, that's what it seems like to me too. We'll all know where we stand... some day
Hopefully we'll hear something by this week or else it'll be Thanksgiving break...
+1
+1Anyone completed back in July still waiting to hear back? I have heard nothing from them. No Reject, No II, Nada.
So does anyone have any sort of clue as to when we'll be hearing back? getting wayy too anxious lol
same. I looked back at 2013-2014 and it looks like their first decision date wasn't until December, so it really depends on how NYU is feeling this year I guess...
Just got an II today! Complete 11/3, LizzyM ~72
You were complete november 3rd and heard back already?
II! Complete end of august, Lizzy M ~76
Just got an II today! Complete 11/3, LizzyM ~72
You were complete november 3rd and heard back already?
wait that's what happened to me i was complete a few days later and got an II yesterday! don't know what this turnaround means.
Probably just doesn't take long to review apps anymore because so few are being received.
So does that mean that those of us that have been complete early are screwed?
It doesn't *mean* anything man. By this point in the game, you guys should really know this process is not linear.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be interviewing here soon, does anyone have tips/advice about how to prepare?
Just got an interview invite here. Complete August 18.
Just got an II today! Complete 11/3, LizzyM ~72
II! Complete end of august, Lizzy M ~76
II on Wednesday! Complete 8/25, LizzyM 71-73.
When are all your interview dates? The amp portal says that they're only interviewing until mid-December so I'm wondering if I'm pretty much done for :/
When are all your interview dates? The amp portal says that they're only interviewing until mid-December so I'm wondering if I'm pretty much done for :/
For me, the only available dates in the calendar were in January so I chose January 11. Were exactly does it say they interview until mid-December? I'm not going to any interview if I'm esentially interviewing for the waitlist.
For me, the only available dates in the calendar were in January so I chose January 11. Were exactly does it say they interview until mid-December? I'm not going to any interview if I'm esentially interviewing for the waitlist.
On the home page:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K