2015-2016 Oregon Health & Sciences University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
9/16 was the first interview they offered this year
Oh ya, my bad. For some reason I thought I went the week before.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Heeyyy everyone! just popping in to say hello, I was put on hold and waitlisted for this school last year, waiting to have my secondary complete currently.
For those of you with lower MCAT scores, I had a 27 last year, and almost made it. I retook this year and just got the results today, got 513!!! so excited.
So dont give up guys, hard work pays off :)

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know how many people "on hold" end up accepted eventually? Interviewed on 9/30.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heeyyy everyone! just popping in to say hello, I was put on hold and waitlisted for this school last year, waiting to have my secondary complete currently.
For those of you with lower MCAT scores, I had a 27 last year, and almost made it. I retook this year and just got the results today, got 513!!! so excited.
So dont give up guys, hard work pays off :)

Good to see you here!! I'm excited for my interview in a few weeks!

Reactions: 4 users
ii! Oos. Complete late August.

Reactions: 1 users
Still waiting for complete status….

Members don't see this ad :)
Is calling a bad idea if it's been 7-8 weeks since I completed my secondary and it still hasn't been reviewed? They said it would take up to 6 weeks... that seemed too good to be true

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but does OHSU send rejection letters?

Reactions: 2 users
Forgive me if this has been answered already, but does OHSU send rejection letters?
Post interview I know they do, not sure about without an interview. All changes can be seen on the portal though.

Anyone else put on hold for interview? Got a II last year and got rejected post interview. Was never put on hold before interview last year :/ is this bad news? (Freaking out)

Anyone else put on hold for interview? Got a II last year and got rejected post interview. Was never put on hold before interview last year :/ is this bad news? (Freaking out)
Happened to me last year, got a January II. Don't worry! When did your portal change?

Ah thank you!! That makes me feel so much better. Did you get in last year? My II was also in January. I'm not sure when it changed cause I hadn't checked it in a few weeks until today.

Happened to me last year, got a January II. Don't worry! When did your portal change?
Ah thank you!! That makes me feel so much better. Did you get in last year? My II was also in January. I'm not sure when it changed cause I hadn't checked it in a few weeks until today.

Status changed to complete on 9/2 after having everything in 8/5. Says it could take another 3 months before I hear anything, but it's something!

Update - got an II on 10/15, OOS, so was pretty solid at 6 weeks turn around time for others who are wondering.

any acceptances here yet??
I've been lurking, but created an account to say: I got accepted last Thursday! Found out when I checked my portal on Monday, but didn't get an e-mail until later. Absolutely delighted, I adore OHSU.

Reactions: 8 users
I've been lurking, but created an account to say: I got accepted last Thursday! Found out when I checked my portal on Monday, but didn't get an e-mail until later. Absolutely delighted, I adore OHSU.
That's awesome!
When did you interview?

any acceptances here yet??

Interviewed 9/18, accepted and notified by portal 10/15, received an official email 10/20. I could not be more thrilled!

Is calling a bad idea if it's been 7-8 weeks since I completed my secondary and it still hasn't been reviewed? They said it would take up to 6 weeks... that seemed too good to be true
Did you or anyone end up calling? I'm sitting at 10 weeks since complete and I'm getting antsy.

Did you or anyone end up calling? I'm sitting at 10 weeks since complete and I'm getting antsy.

On 10/30 I will be at the 12 week mark and I've heard nothing. I'm going to wait until next Monday so it's been over 12 weeks before I call.

On 10/30 I will be at the 12 week mark and I've heard nothing. I'm going to wait until next Monday so it's been over 12 weeks before I call.
Thanks, let us know what they say if you end up calling or get an update!

Last year, it took 3 months after completion of my secondary to hear anything. I emailed OHSU because it took so long and they informed me that they were still reviewing applications. I was offered an II and was placed on the waitlist. Most applicants are placed on hold after their II and don't find out much information until much later on. Just a heads up.

Reactions: 5 users
I called yesterday to see if there was a reason why my application is not complete yet, and they said that there is once again a record number of applications this year.

II earlier today! IS non-trad, LizzyM 65 complete mid-September.

II tonight! OOS, mission group, LizzyM ~70. Marked complete early September.

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you who've been marked complete, did you receive a complete email or does it say complete in the portal? I submitted my secondary on 8/31 and it doesn't say anything on my portal yet...

+1 submitted 8/20
I submitted 09/08 and haven't heard anything but there are a few people on here that are at 10+ weeks as of the last time it was mentioned on here so I'm not holding my breath for complete status.

Submitted secondary on 8/21. Marked complete on 10/28.

Whoot!

I'm kind of curious about my chances here. I don't really like ordering things but OHSU is in my top three. I was accepted last week at LSU in New Orleans, for which I am super grateful so early in the cycle. I came down a year ago to pursue a Master's in biochem at Tulane which I finished this past spring with a 4.0. 516 on the new MCAT, although my undergrad GPA isn't that impressive (~3.4 double history and poli sci major with the full gambit and then some of premed course work) and I am a bit older (29).

About two years of research experience, extensive shadowing over the years (rounds and surgery observation), five plus years of sustained volunteer work (non-clinical) and great LORs - or at least the writers gave me that impression. Grew up in Wisconsin, currently an La resident (which makes tuition at LSU a little bit closer to reasonable), but I know that OHSU is a fantastic school. I have many friends in the PNW and could easily see myself setting up shop there for the duration of my medical career. I submitted 8/24 and I'm still waiting. Thought about calling, but seeing as they seem to be rolling through all the billions of apps they got, I think I'll wait.

Anyone with thoughts on an OOS application with my numbers?

Best of luck to everybody!

Didn't receive an email, it was just a change on the portal. Submitted mid August and was complete about 18 days later.

So strange...I submitted early August and was complete 5 weeks later!