-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Ponce School of Medicine Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good luck, everyone! 🙂
Thank you!! This is gonna be a suspenseful year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Up to last year this school didn't require a secondary, but things might be different with the new administration.Do you know how long after the primary app is submitted for Ponce to send out the supplemental app?
On the website, it says there is no secondary app, but they'll request LORs and application fee after the AMCAS is received. My AMCAS has been verified for almost a month but I haven't been contacted by them yet. How long did it take for people to get contacted?Do you know how long after the primary app is submitted for Ponce to send out the supplemental app?
I emailed them last week and they said they were not contacting anyone until September!On the website, it says there is no secondary app, but they'll request LORs and application fee after the AMCAS is received. My AMCAS has been verified for almost a month but I haven't been contacted by them yet. How long did it take for people to get contacted?
Ahh okay thanks so much for the info!I emailed them last week and they said they were not contacting anyone until September!
I received an email today with instructions/
ok
Last edited:
They'll send you an email requesting a $75 fee, transcripts and saying that you must speak, read, and write spanish. I don't know about the email. Maybe call?After sending our AMCAS application to Ponce SOM, what is next? Also, what email should I use to contact admissions? I sent an email on 7/24 to [email protected] with no response yet.![]()
thanks!
Thank you @malamia!
They'll send you an email requesting a $75 fee, transcripts and saying that you must speak, read, and write spanish. I don't know about the email. Maybe call?
Ok
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Basically.I am confused about Ponce's transcript request. Everyone needed to send AMCAS transcripts in order to be verified so shouldn't Ponce already have access to our transcripts? Basically, Is Ponce asking to send the same transcripts from AMCAS directly to their school?![]()
So do we wait to send in supplemental materials until they contact us? or can we go ahead and send them now?
Last edited:
They sent an email acknowledging that they received my app. I spoke with them 2-3 weeks ago and was told that they usually begin reviewing applications late september but with the new MCAT it's taking them a bit longer. I wouldn't be worried. Did you already pay the fee?Has anyone received any communication from Ponce yet? I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and they said they would be sending out something soon but I have still not heard anything
I did not initially recieve it either..I did not because I did not receive the initial email saying that my application was received, I only found out when I had asked. How much is the secondary fee? Thanks!
I only noticed because a couple of friends were also applying and recieved the email. The fee is $75. Ask for that email, though. It has some important info in it like the fact that you also have to send in transcripts.
No actual secondary application, though! Just a fee.I did not because I did not receive the initial email saying that my application was received, I only found out when I had asked. How much is the secondary fee? Thanks!
Yep. Classes will be in both Spanish and English.Is this school strict about the Spanish requirement (classes)
In their initial communication with the applicant they state:
"Classes are taught either in English or Spanish. You must be able to speak, understand, read and write both languages. If you do not comply, we kindly suggest that you discontinue your application process by replying to this email."
When is your interview? I'm interviewing on Oct 27!II!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats! I'm interviewing the 20th. Are you from PR or the mainland?When is your interview? I'm interviewing on Oct 27!
You guys apply with the old or new MCAT?Congrats! I'm interviewing the 20th. Are you from PR or the mainland?
PR. This is my second time interviewing. I was waitlisted last year so hopefully I get it this year!Congrats! I'm interviewing the 20th. Are you from PR or the mainland?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You guys apply with the old or new MCAT?
New! How about you?
PR. This is my second time interviewing. I was waitlisted last year so hopefully I get it this year!
Wepa! Well good luck!
How was your experience last year?
New! How about you?
New but i think my score is low 🙁
Wepa! Well good luck!
How was your experience last year?
Does anybody know if out-of-state (mainland) applicants are interviewed in English or Spanish?
I have a friend that already interviewed. They do group interviews and, at least, his was all spanish. I'm going this tuesday and will be sure to let you know how it went!Does anybody know if out-of-state (mainland) applicants are interviewed in English or Spanish?
Éxito @malamia! I'm going this tuesday aswell, you going at the AM or PM?I have a friend that already interviewed. They do group interviews and, at least, his was all spanish. I'm going this tuesday and will be sure to let you know how it went!
Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
AM! Gracias, igual! Te voy a enviar un mensaje ahora a ver si nos conocemos allí!Éxito @malamia! I'm going this tuesday aswell, you going at the AM or PM?
Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Got an interview for next month! OOS, kind of nervous because my Spanish is not perfect :/ Those who interviewed or are interviewing soon please let me know how it goes!
Last edited:
Will do! And congrats on the II! I gotta tell you, your chances are looking very good. If you check MSAR, Ponce interviewed 16 OOS applicants of which 11 matriculated. Take into account acceptees that didn't matriculate and that leaves an almost 100% interviewee-acceptance rate.Got an interview for next month! OOS, kind of nervous because my Spanish is not that great :/ Those who interviewed or are interviewing soon please let me know how it goes!
They've just called me and I'm interviewing this Friday. Do I have to bring a portfolio or just my nervous self?![]()
Lol, just your nervous self. I called today and asked. I am bringing a small notebook.
Lol, just your nervous self. I called today and asked. I am bringing a small notebook.
perfect, thanks.
suerte mañana!
perfect, thanks.
suerte mañana!
Gracias!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
perfect, thanks.
suerte mañana!
Gracias!!
Hey guys,
the interview went very well. Four of us (all puertoricans) got interviewed by a panel of three. Questions were English and Spanish but predominantly Spanish. To me it seems that if you are OOS they WILL test your spanish.
They will notify me and the whole first batch in Mid-November.. Hopefully with good news!!
Congrats to all interviewees and good luck!
the interview went very well. Four of us (all puertoricans) got interviewed by a panel of three. Questions were English and Spanish but predominantly Spanish. To me it seems that if you are OOS they WILL test your spanish.
They will notify me and the whole first batch in Mid-November.. Hopefully with good news!!
Congrats to all interviewees and good luck!
So no portfolio? I ask again because I called today and asked. They told me they didn't require it, but some interviewers liked or asked if you had one... Please confirm 🙂 thank you!Hey guys,
the interview went very well. Four of us (all puertoricans) got interviewed by a panel of three. Questions were English and Spanish but predominantly Spanish. To me it seems that if you are OOS they WILL test your spanish.
They will notify me and the whole first batch in Mid-November.. Hopefully with good news!!
Congrats to all interviewees and good luck!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K
- Replies
- 234
- Views
- 77K

