2015-2016 University of Rochester Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted of the WL as well!

Will most likely decline this offer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Got off of the waitlist this morning, call from Dr. Hansen!!
So stoked to meet the new class!!!! :D
To those waiting, I heard there's some good movement happening in the next few weeks, so don't give up hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Did the people who got off of the waitlist already fill out the financial aid documents?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Got off of the waitlist this morning, call from Dr. Hansen!!
So stoked to meet the new class!!!! :D
To those waiting, I heard there's some good movement happening in the next few weeks, so don't give up hope!
congrats. where did you hear the good movement from?

Did the people who got off of the waitlist already fill out the financial aid documents?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes, I called the financial aid office today and they said my file is complete and I'll be receiving a package today via mail (scanned copy provided over email as well).

Last year, they accepted only four off of the wait list :(
This wait is unbearable lol

This is true. I applied last year and they explicitly told me this figure while also telling me I was in the first 10 of the waitlist when they finally rejected me. Don't go asking them for this information though, I don't know how readily they hand it out and I think they just felt bad when I asked for feedback on my app after I was finally rejected and just told me this. I hope the waitlist movement for you guys is much better!

This is true. I applied last year and they explicitly told me this figure while also telling me I was in the first 10 of the waitlist when they finally rejected me. Don't go asking them for this information though, I don't know how readily they hand it out and I think they just felt bad when I asked for feedback on my app after I was finally rejected and just told me this. I hope the waitlist movement for you guys is much better!
that sounds crazy. on msar it says rochester accepted 34 off of the waitlist. unless that is an average of multiple years

for those who got off the waitlist, did you guys send any updates or LOI's??

Didn't send any updates - my understanding here is that the wait list is ranked, so I'm not sure what influence such letters would have.

Have they sent out all their waitlist acceptances or are there still open slots left waiting to be filled? I've been hoping to get a call all week but I realize it most likely won't happen at this point...

Reactions: 1 user
Didn't send any updates - my understanding here is that the wait list is ranked, so I'm not sure what influence such letters would have.
WL letter said it was unranked and welcomed updates.

pretty sure its ranked
Here is what my email said:
"The Waiting List is not ranked and as places become available in the class, the Committee will re-review applications on the Waiting List. If you would like to add any updates to your application, please send them to us via email to:"

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is what my email said:
"The Waiting List is not ranked and as places become available in the class, the Committee will re-review applications on the Waiting List. If you would like to add any updates to your application, please send them to us via email to:"
wow i checked back to october and saw the same thing lol. i still think its relatively ranked but not absolute 1-400 students because that would be silly.

Reactions: 1 user
Declined offer of admission here today. Hoping it goes to one of you :)

Reactions: 5 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist today. I definitely didn't think I'd get that call! Very excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew this morning! should be a spot opening up for one of you I hope :)

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the waitlist today! Now, time to make a difficult decision...

Guess, I didn't get the call lol

Which schools are you debating between?

Deciding between Rochester and UConn. Financially Rochester is actually a little cheaper, but geographically UConn is much closer to family and significant other. I did love the community and vibe at Rochester, though, so I have to think it through.

Anyone have an idea what the post-interview acceptance rate is for OOS students?