2015-2016 University of Rochester Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an II today! Complete 07/01, OOS LizzyM ~77. Interviewing in February!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also got an II today! Complete 7/15. I'll be interviewing in late February. Do you guys think interviewing in February will have a negative effect on chances for admission?

Received an interview invite yesterday. Complete late September.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed in early November hear back? I interviewed November 6th. They told us we would hear around the holidays... Still no word though :(

Anyone who interviewed in early November hear back? I interviewed November 6th. They told us we would hear around the holidays... Still no word though :(

I'm in the same boat, interviewed the week after you and we were told we'd hear in late December but still nothing.

Rejection just came in. Oh well. NY is too expensive anyways... (and cold)

Members don't see this ad :)
First time, admitting rejection. This one hurts, NY resident. Mixed feelings about this one.

I would love to apply to a school, receive an acceptance, and withdraw last minute before they fill their spots. If all pre-meds took this into consideration and made it a mass-effort, we can teach these med-schools a lesson. MED SCHOOL REVOLUTION OF 2017! RALLY THE TROOPS! WHO IS WITH ME?

Really Rochester, thank you for your consideration.

Finally rejected. Bummer. Thankful that they had me in consideration for this long though.

OOS, LM 70.5 (35 mcat), complete 8/24

Well I guess I got my answer to my question above... Waitlisted after interviewing November 6th. It was my best interview I've had of the whole cycle :unsure: They said during the interview that last year the waitlist really didn't move at all... Super bummed but hopefully this year the waitlist has more movement!

Well I guess I got my answer to my question above... Waitlisted after interviewing November 6th. It was my best interview I've had of the whole cycle :unsure: They said during the interview that last year the waitlist really didn't move at all... Super bummed but hopefully this year the waitlist has more movement!

Same. I just got the wait list email as well. It's a grueling process, but at least we can support each other through it. :hello:Keep your chin up!

Sorry for the mediocre news guys. They accepted many last year and did not have much wait list movement, so they could be more cautious with acceptances now.

Sadly can't make my interview here - hope someone waiting gets it!

Got an acceptance call yesterday morning, interviewed early November

Reactions: 2 users
Was just wondering how many people have been waiting for several months now? Submitted my secondary in late August and haven't heard a peep. I'm from Rochester but go to school in Virginia. I'm home now, should I call or go visit to request more information?

Anyone have more clarity as to when they might start accepting from the waitlist? I was told "late spring/early summer" (which I'm thinking means about April?), but that seems pretty vague. I understand there wasn't much waitlist movement last year, however, they did say they were going to try and increase it this year.

For the 4 "most important activities" in the pre-interview questions....can we list paid jobs? Or is it only supposed to be volunteering and other non-paid extra-curricular experiences?

For the 4 "most important activities" in the pre-interview questions....can we list paid jobs? Or is it only supposed to be volunteering and other non-paid extra-curricular experiences?
Don't overthink it--you can list any activity that is important to you so you can definitely list paid jobs.

Same. I just got the wait list email as well. It's a grueling process, but at least we can support each other through it. :hello:Keep your chin up!

Interviewed early Dec. and Waitlisted too. Whyyyy :(. I have a feeling they'll pull more from the waitlist this year.

Accepted!! Received the email/phone call last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:

Last edited:
Is there a Facebook group yet for the class of 2020?

To anyone who has received an II, when you submitted your "activities/short essay" page were you still able to change it after? When I hit submit I got a red message that said "submission successful," but when I navigate away from the page and go back it looks like it hasn't been submitted...any insights?

To anyone who has received an II, when you submitted your "activities/short essay" page were you still able to change it after? When I hit submit I got a red message that said "submission successful," but when I navigate away from the page and go back it looks like it hasn't been submitted...any insights?

Yes, you can change it. This happened to me

For those accepted, did you also receive a personal congratulatory email from your interviewers? I thought that was pretty personal and cool that they did that.

Hey guys. I got rejected here last month and started calling all the schools that have sent me pre-interview rejections to see if they give individual feedback so that I can improve my application for next cycle, should I have to reapply. Rochester is one of the schools I called that gives feedback - they told me to email them requesting info. Just a heads up for anyone who might be in the same boat! :)

Reactions: 1 users
This may have already been answered, but does anyone know how often the Committee meets and how long after interviewing that one may hear back?

This may have already been answered, but does anyone know how often the Committee meets and how long after interviewing that one may hear back?

I got accepted after about 4-5 weeks from my interview. Adcom told us during interview day that the process could take 4-6 week.

Has anyone who interviewed in January heard back yet?

Just got wait listed by the MSTP program but the message said that I was very highly ranked. I was wondering two things:
1. Was "ranked highly" something that every wait listed MSTP applicant received, or is that truly a reflection on the ranking of the wait list?
2. Does anyone know around when we might hear back again? I'm assuming there may be some movement around April 29/beginning of May

Last edited:
Rochester is a great school and I am happy to have been accepted, but I just got into my #1 school! I will be withdrawing my acceptance today. Hopefully, someone on here gets lucky!