-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 University of Rochester Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did the people who got off of the waitlist already fill out the financial aid documents?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7
723794
congrats. where did you hear the good movement from?Got off of the waitlist this morning, call from Dr. Hansen!!
So stoked to meet the new class!!!! 😀
To those waiting, I heard there's some good movement happening in the next few weeks, so don't give up hope!
Yes, I called the financial aid office today and they said my file is complete and I'll be receiving a package today via mail (scanned copy provided over email as well).Did the people who got off of the waitlist already fill out the financial aid documents?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last year, they accepted only four off of the wait list 🙁
This wait is unbearable lol
This is true. I applied last year and they explicitly told me this figure while also telling me I was in the first 10 of the waitlist when they finally rejected me. Don't go asking them for this information though, I don't know how readily they hand it out and I think they just felt bad when I asked for feedback on my app after I was finally rejected and just told me this. I hope the waitlist movement for you guys is much better!
7
723794
that sounds crazy. on msar it says rochester accepted 34 off of the waitlist. unless that is an average of multiple yearsThis is true. I applied last year and they explicitly told me this figure while also telling me I was in the first 10 of the waitlist when they finally rejected me. Don't go asking them for this information though, I don't know how readily they hand it out and I think they just felt bad when I asked for feedback on my app after I was finally rejected and just told me this. I hope the waitlist movement for you guys is much better!
WL letter said it was unranked and welcomed updates.Didn't send any updates - my understanding here is that the wait list is ranked, so I'm not sure what influence such letters would have.
7
723794
pretty sure its rankedWL letter said it was unranked and welcomed updates.
Here is what my email said:pretty sure its ranked
"The Waiting List is not ranked and as places become available in the class, the Committee will re-review applications on the Waiting List. If you would like to add any updates to your application, please send them to us via email to:"
7
723794
wow i checked back to october and saw the same thing lol. i still think its relatively ranked but not absolute 1-400 students because that would be silly.Here is what my email said:
"The Waiting List is not ranked and as places become available in the class, the Committee will re-review applications on the Waiting List. If you would like to add any updates to your application, please send them to us via email to:"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I
think I MAYBE got your spot, so thank you for changing my life, kind stranger.Declined offer of admission here today. Hoping it goes to one of you 🙂
No, I did not. The email didn't make it seem like an option to me.for those who got off the waitlist, did you guys send any updates or LOI's??
are they still accepting
wow i checked back to october and saw the same thing lol. i still think its relatively ranked but not absolute 1-400 students because that would be silly.
Did you hear anything as of yet?
I
think I MAYBE got your spot, so thank you for changing my life, kind stranger.
Changing lives is sort of my thing. You're welcome.
7
723794
i havent heard back from any waitlist yetDid you hear anything as of yet?
Me neither 🙁i havent heard back from any waitlist yet
When should I put in the towel? Around end of June or beginning of July?
Just withdrew this morning! should be a spot opening up for one of you I hope 🙂
Where you decided to go?
I hope so too!
Accepted off the waitlist today! Now, time to make a difficult decision...
Guess, I didn't get the call lol
Which schools are you debating between?
Guess, I didn't get the call lol
Which schools are you debating between?
Deciding between Rochester and UConn. Financially Rochester is actually a little cheaper, but geographically UConn is much closer to family and significant other. I did love the community and vibe at Rochester, though, so I have to think it through.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K