This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glommy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edited to reflect lack of official decision.

Post your acceptances here!

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) click reply on the most recent list
2) delete the QUOTE tags on the top and bottom
3) add your user name, (Interview date, Acceptance date, any other pertinent info, and if needed, add the school name to the list)
4) Enter the name(s) of the school(s) where you are adding data into the "Title" box (at the top) so that your changes can be easily located.
5) Enter Submit

Legend:
I: Interview date
A: Acceptance date

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Are you an "Early Decision applicant"?

Current AMCAS traffic rules:
Applicants -
https://students-residents.aamc.org...lication-and-acceptance-protocols-applicants/
Programs - https://students-residents.aamc.org...ation-and-acceptance-protocols-admission-off/

As per traffic rules, regular MD/PhD acceptances are given beginning on Oct. 15.

The Early Decision Program (EDP) allows you to secure an acceptance from one EDP participating medical school by October 1, while allowing sufficient time to apply to other schools if you are not accepted. EDP applicants agree:
  • Not to apply through the EDP if they have already submitted an initial or secondary application (AMCAS or non-AMCAS) to a U.S. medical school for an MD degree program for the current entering class.
  • To apply to only one medical school (AMCAS or non-AMCAS) through the Early Decision Program.
  • Not to submit additional applications (AMCAS or non-AMCAS) until:
    • Receipt of an EDP rejection, or
    • Receipt of a formal release from the EDP commitment, or
    • The October 1 notification deadline passes. Contact your EDP school if you have not been notified of your status by October 1.
  • To attend the school if offered an EDP acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! Are you an "Early Decision applicant"?

Current AMCAS traffic rules:
Applicants -
https://students-residents.aamc.org...lication-and-acceptance-protocols-applicants/
Programs - https://students-residents.aamc.org...ation-and-acceptance-protocols-admission-off/

As per traffic rules, regular MD/PhD acceptances are given beginning on Oct. 15.

The Early Decision Program (EDP) allows you to secure an acceptance from one EDP participating medical school by October 1, while allowing sufficient time to apply to other schools if you are not accepted. EDP applicants agree:
  • Not to apply through the EDP if they have already submitted an initial or secondary application (AMCAS or non-AMCAS) to a U.S. medical school for an MD degree program for the current entering class.
  • To apply to only one medical school (AMCAS or non-AMCAS) through the Early Decision Program.
  • Not to submit additional applications (AMCAS or non-AMCAS) until:
    • Receipt of an EDP rejection, or
    • Receipt of a formal release from the EDP commitment, or
    • The October 1 notification deadline passes. Contact your EDP school if you have not been notified of your status by October 1.
  • To attend the school if offered an EDP acceptance.

Nope, not EDP. And further, I got a little carried away, not an official decision, I re-read the email and it says that no official decision has been made, but we will be in communication. They were looking to get a read for my enthusiasm! I shall change my post!

On a separate note, the traffic rules are a bit unclear:

Admission Officers Traffic Rules Section 2.b is confusing in regard to section 3. Section 2.b only speaks about notifying AMCAS about decisions (acceptances or rejections) within 5 days from October 15 to March 15. Section 3 speaks about rules for MD only applicants. You could take the rules to say that MD/PhD acceptances could be sent out before October 15 and don't need to be sent to AMCAS - obviously this isn't the intention, but why then exclusively call out regular MD applicants in section 3?

Further, section 2.b is in regard to all decisions, rejections or acceptance. Thus it cannot be levied to restrict MD/PhD acceptances to after October 15 unless rejections cannot also be delayed until after October 15.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi SDN folks -- just wanted to send my best wishes to everyone!!!!!!! Oct. 15 is quickly approaching (or slowly? I know the application season can really drag on sometimes!) and I hope many SDN friends are among those to grab an MD/PhD acceptance. Cheering loudly for all of you!!!

If you do not hear anything on Oct. 15, please don't feel discouraged! Admissions is a very, very weird and long beast. The timing works a little differently for every applicant. Even if you find yourself hanging on until the April 30 deadline (been there, done that! LOL :D), the end result is all the matters. And if the good news doesn't come this year, you'll have learned a ton and will rock it out next year! Fortunately, the timing of acceptance will not dictate your future success as a physician scientist. :)

But again, with all of that being said -- GOOD LUCK, SDN'ers!!!! Hope those acceptances come pouring in soon! Fingers and toes crossed! :soexcited:

Is there a thread for deferred decision/continued review/waitlist? Heard from UChicago today :(

May be time to start one? I'm sorry to hear that though :(

:soexcited: In just a few hours, we will have the beginning of MD/PhD acceptances for the 2017 cycle... :highfive:

The national report shows 1 acceptance and 1622 applicants (someone didn't get the message). Unlike last year, where it was almost a 50/50 split between applicants who had taken the old and new MCATs, this year ~ 84% with the new MCAT. For those taking the new MCAT, the average score is 510.6 and cGPA is 3.66.

:soexcited: In just a few hours, we will have the beginning of MD/PhD acceptances for the 2017 cycle... :highfive:

The national report shows 1 acceptance and 1622 applicants (someone didn't get the message). Unlike last year, where it was almost a 50/50 split between applicants who had taken the old and new MCATs, this year ~ 84% with the new MCAT. For those taking the new MCAT, the average score is 510.6 and cGPA is 3.66.

Are you saying we find out at midnight?? And through the roof my anxiety goes

University of Pittsburgh! :soexcited:

3) add your user name, (Interview date, Acceptance date, any other pertinent info, and if needed, add the school name to the list)
4) Enter the name(s) of the school(s) where you are adding data into the "Title" box (at the top) so that your changes can be easily located.
5) Enter Submit

Legend:

University of Pittsburgh: tenerifesea (I: 9/19, A: 10/17)

Reactions: 15 users
Northwestern!!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

Northwestern: Glommy (I: 9/21, A: 10/17)

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Northwestern!!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

Congratulations Glommy! Happy for you!

UVA! :banana:

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

University of Virginia: chimpoid (I: 9/23, A: 10/18)

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to all of you who have received at least one MD/PhD Acceptances! :highfive:

Many of you are anxious about this. Thus far, MD/PhD programs have only extended acceptances to < 5% of all the applicants who eventually will receive an acceptance in the 2017 cycle. On the other side of the table, the November 1st deadline is coming up. You should strongly consider extending your number of applications to very good fully funded MD/PhD programs if you haven't received at least 5-6 invitations for MD/PhD interviews by now. PM me if you need specific advice...

Check this calendar: https://calendar.google.com/[email protected]&pli=1

There are 9 MD/PhD programs interviewing today, and 11 on each of the next two Fridays.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you have any stats/info on how many interviews have yet to go out? Still waiting to hear anything from about 15 schools and unsure how good/bad that is this late into October.
Also, what's interesting is I see a couple of schools on that calendar with upcoming interview dates that have no posts on the MD/PhD II thread. Obviously sdn is a small sample size, but you'd imagine people would be excited about an II from Harvard or Duke.

Reactions: 5 users
Do you have any stats/info on how many interviews have yet to go out? Still waiting to hear anything from about 15 schools and unsure how good/bad that is this late into October.
Also, what's interesting is I see a couple of schools on that calendar with upcoming interview dates that have no posts on the MD/PhD II thread. Obviously sdn is a small sample size, but you'd imagine people would be excited about an II from Harvard or Duke.
I have the same question! Haven't heard anything from 13/21 schools, many of which have sent out plenty of rejections/interviews.

Reactions: 4 users
UW Madison - almost couldn't believe it :)

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

University of Wisconsin - Madison: Grimnir (I: 10/20, A: 11/4)

Reactions: 8 users
From a long time ago... but it's still just as wonderful :)

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

Northwestern: Glommy (I: 9/21, A: 10/17) neurominded525 (I: 9/21, A: 10/17)

Woohoo Pitt!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

University of Pittsburgh: tenerifesea (I: 9/19, A: 10/17) klebandb (I: 10/20, A: 11/10)
University of Wisconsin - Madison: Grimnir (I: 10/20, A: 11/4)[/QUOTE]

CONGRATULATIONS, @klebandb!!!!!!!!!!!!! So so so so happy to see you receive an acceptance and hopefully some peace of mind early on in this application cycle. :) You are a champion and will absolutely kill it wherever you end up going in the end. They are fortunate to have you.

Way to go, SDN'ers!!!!!! I always love seeing names added into the acceptance forum. Really glad to see that some of you have gotten some great news recently. :D Congratulations on all of your hard work and the amazing new careers you are beginning!

Fingers crossed that more people can add their names here soon!

Stony Brook & Cold Spring Harbor !!!!:clap::clap::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

Stony Brook: Gorilla-san (I: 9/28, A: 11/10)
University of Pittsburgh: tenerifesea (I: 9/19, A: 10/17) klebandb (I: 10/20, A: 11/10)

Reactions: 7 users
:wow:WHAAATT UMICH!!! :soexcited: Didn't think I'll be posting here twice but here I am!!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

Michigan: Gorilla-san (I: 10/20, A: 11/14)

Reactions: 9 users
University of Kentucky!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:

University of Kentucky: magNeTiFeSint (I: 10/24, A: 11/17)

Emory!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
Emory: Neurocircuitry (I:11/8, A:11/19)

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
Northwestern: Glommy (I: 9/21, A: 10/17) neurominded525 (I: 9/21, A: 10/17) harder (I: 11/2, A: 11/16)

WashU! I am officially an inspirational story called Reapplicant Gets Into Dream School!!! lajsdflaksjfklajsdkflj

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
Northwestern: Glommy (I: 9/21, A: 10/17) neurominded525 (I: 9/21, A: 10/17) harder (I: 11/2, A: 11/16)
Washington University: AriCola (I: 10/28, A: 11/18)

Reactions: 14 users
WashU! I am officially an inspirational story called Reapplicant Gets Into Dream School!!! lajsdflaksjfklajsdkflj

Aaaaahhhh, congratulations! I'm sure they're lucky to have you!!

Aaaaahhhh, congratulations! I'm sure they're lucky to have you!!

Thank you!! It is such a relief to finally be done with this process... can't believe I started studying for the MCAT over two years ago!! Brutal two years but worth it in the end!! :soexcited:

@Gorilla-san , turns out life isn't so bad for reapplicants after all, eh?? Hope our stories are a relief to others out there!

Good luck everybody and remember that sometimes things go wrong so that they can go right later! I was a complete n00b last year and had no idea that WashU had exactly the research I wanted and didn't even apply! So thank God I screwed up, applied hella late, and didn't get in anywhere! Never thought I would feel lucky to have been rejected by all those places but I sure do now!

WashU as well!!!! Congrats AriCola!!!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
Washington University: AriCola (I: 10/28, A: 11/18) docdoc007 (I: 10/28, A: 11/18)

WOOOOOO!!!!! :soexcited::clap::bow::bow: @AriCola Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!! Finally all that hard work did pay off at the end for us reapplicants!!

Loving the signature by the way!! :laugh: Its pretty much chilling for us from now on!!

Good Luck Everybody!!!

Iowa!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
University of Iowa: Grimnir (I: 11/2, A 11/22)
Washington University: AriCola (I: 10/28, A: 11/18) docdoc007 (I: 10/28, A: 11/18)

:clap::banana::wow:

University of Cincinnati!!!! My goodness!!

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving Break!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
University of Cincinnati: docdoc007 (I: 10/20-10/22, A: 11/22)

OSU!!! I'm so excited to finally post here. I cried when the director called me this morning. Thank you all for being so supportive

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
OSU: penguinsrgreat (I: 9/27, A: 12/01)

Reactions: 10 users
idk how this works or if i did it right...but i got the call from SUNY Upstate last Wednesday! very excited! good luck to all reading this and congratulations to all accepted parties! WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
SUNY Upstate: patel18252 (I: 10/16-18, A: 11/30)

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!!! Really happy to see more good news coming in on SDN. :)

@penguinsrgreat -- Welcome to the ranks of people who cried over the phone when accepted!! Hehehehe whoops :happy: I love reading that because I can just feel how hard you worked to get to where you are. True of so many folks here, I am sure, but I'm glad to find another person who embarrassingly expresses these things. ;) CONGRATS!

UCincinnati!! I am so in shock that I got into an MSTP!!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
University of Cincinnati: docdoc007 (I: 10/20-10/22, A: 11/22), whistleberries (I: 10/20 - 10/22, A: 12/7)

Reactions: 6 users
Case!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
Case Western: Klebandb (I:10/27, A: 12/2)
University of Cincinnati: docdoc007 (I: 10/20-10/22, A: 11/22), whistleberries (I: 10/20 - 10/22, A: 12/7)
Washington University: AriCola (I: 10/28, A: 11/18) docdoc007 (I: 10/28, A: 11/18)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
WAAAATT!!! NYU!!! :biglove::banana::soexcited:
5) Enter Submit

Legend:
NYU: Gorilla-san (I: 10/14, A: 12/13)
Washington University: AriCola (I: 10/28, A: 11/18) docdoc007 (I: 10/28, A: 11/18)[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

NYU as well! Same interview date, good luck for us I guess :p

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
NYU: Gorilla-san (I: 10/14, A: 12/13), Grimnir (I: 10/14, A: 12/13)

A bit late on this, but some recent acceptances! :) Michigan and Rochester!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
Michigan: Gorilla-san (I: 10/20, A: 11/14), tenerifesea (I: 10/20, A: 11/14)
University of Rochester: tenerifesea (I: 10/6, A: 10/29)
Washington University: AriCola (I: 10/28, A: 11/18) docdoc007 (I: 10/28, A: 11/18)[/QUOTE]

Tri-I !

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
Tri-I: purplerainbow (I: 10/27, A: 12/12)

MCW!!! This was my second application cycle and man did it feel great to see that email.

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
MCW: MSTPround2 (I: 11/17-18, A: 12/15)

VCU!

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
VCU: ShouldHaveBeenAnEngineer (I: 11/15, A: ~12/15)

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
University of Rochester: tenerifesea (I: 10/6, A: 10/29), mstpapplicant2016 (I: 10/28, A: 11/23)

Congrats on all acceptances so far!! Still eagerly waiting
Has anyone heard from Baylor yet?

Congrats on all acceptances so far!! Still eagerly waiting
Has anyone heard from Baylor yet?
I interviewed October and still haven't heard from Baylor. The rumor I heard when I interviewed was that Baylor notifies late December and in March. The student I talked to said she heard December 22 last year. No idea if they have notified this year.

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
University of Rochester: tenerifesea (I: 10/6, A: 10/29), mstpapplicant2016 (I: 10/28, A: 11/23)
University of Wisconsin - Madison: Grimnir (I: 10/20, A: 11/4), mstpapplicant2016 (I: 12/8, A: 12/23)

University of Cincinnati!! So excited

5) Enter Submit

Legend:
University of Cincinnati: docdoc007 (I: 10/20-10/22, A: 11/22), whistleberries (I: 10/20 - 10/22, A: 12/7), moelleux314 (I: 10/20-10/22, A: 12/19)
University of Wisconsin - Madison: Grimnir (I: 10/20, A: 11/4), mstpapplicant2016 (I: 12/8, A: 12/23)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.