-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 New York University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Haha I thought I was getting invited to a twitter chat, but then I got rejected. C'est la vie.
Joining all the rejections today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do they think of reapplicants?
Sorry for the small shift in conversation
Advice: Should I send in an Update with my Fall semester grades next week? Can I include a letter of intent with this if NYU is my number 1?
Did you interview already? I believe they are done giving IIs
Did you interview already? I believe they are done giving IIs
yeah sorry this is post-II
Anybody remember when they said acceptance decisions come out?
Anybody remember when they said acceptance decisions come out?
Mid-late Jan, they explicitly said by January 31st
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Not sure I saw this anywhere, does anyone have an idea of post-interview acceptance rates? Best of luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure I saw this anywhere, does anyone have an idea of post-interview acceptance rates? Best of luck everyone!
39% per US News. Not sure if the new non-rolling admissions/potentially shorter interview season would affect these numbers at all.
Thanks! That doesn't sound too bad does it?39% per US News. Not sure if the new non-rolling admissions/potentially shorter interview season would affect these numbers at all.
(Content redacted to preserve anonymity)
Last edited:
Anyone else hoping for NYU to save their cycle in a couple weeks??
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Interviewed here last month. LM 68 from a state school, URM. Do I have a shot at acceptance or should I move on from this one? Thought the MMI went pretty well.
Interviewed here last month. LM 68 from a state school, URM. Do I have a shot at acceptance or should I move on from this one? Thought the MMI went pretty well.
If you interviewed here you clearly have a shot ... LM is not the only indicator and no one has heard post interview so we are all in the same boat
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
From my understanding they are hoping for mid jan but latest poss is late janwhen they will let us know? mid Jan, or end of Jan or even later
They're done sending interview invitations, so what's the deal with those of us who haven't been rejected yet but haven't been offered an interview? Do they do silent rejections or does this just mean the rejection is imminent?
this wait tho. I wish they would just tell us a date they'll release the decisions
I don't think they really did anything last year til the 28th maybe?
Didn't they also extend interviews into January last year? I think they stuck to the December 15th end this year
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I saw December acceptances last cycle, there's not much to go on this cycle.I don't think they really did anything last year til the 28th maybe?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when its January and you're hoping they release like tomorrow and not on the 31st
when its January and I think every NYU notification is someone coming to report they've finally heard back
OMG +1when its January and I think every NYU notification is someone coming to report they've finally heard back
I get more excited seeing a notication for this thread then I do getting a match on Tinder.when its January and I think every NYU notification is someone coming to report they've finally heard back
.
Last edited:
Wake up. Check e-mail. Throw up when you see one from the "New Yorker". Realize its not NYUSOM. Clean up the floor. Panic about your future. Be optimistic when you hear 40% acceptance post-interview. Be distraught when you realize 40% is lower than 50-50. Be very distraught when you start to think that guy who said 40% was probably just goofing. Go to sleep. Repeat for all of January.
Can we collectively agree not to post on this thread unless its about an acceptance decision? You guys are killing me.
Accepted today
The fact that you will dislike me after I make this post
lol can't tell if this is real
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It's not.
Accepted today
The fact that you will dislike me after I make this post
that's not funny at all
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Accepted today
The fact that you will dislike me after I make this post
I think it was pretty funny.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
There has been no update to the timeline. Still sticking with the Dec 31 timeline apparently...has anyone called / does anyone have a rough idea when in the month we're gonna hear back? My current thoughts re: the silence:
has anyone called / does anyone have a rough idea when in the month we're gonna hear back? My current thoughts re: the silence:
I doubt if they know at this point.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If I remember they said they would definitely have it by the end of this month, say 31st, but they were gonna try to have results the week before that.
So sounds like 4th week maybe 3rd week?
So sounds like 4th week maybe 3rd week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would just bank on not hearing back till the last week of January
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm betting next friday...maybe something good will come out of inauguration day after all 😉I would just bank on not hearing back till the last week of January
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
@iluvbeingpremed as long as it's not the Friday after that...that's my birthday and I can't handle a possible birthday rejection haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So we're basically spending the whole of January antsy and nervous...This coming from someone for whom NYU is the only option this cycle....Lovely.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K