2016-2017 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NYU, please don't forget about me

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
very strange question, but does NYU do a "med prom" for the students each year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted yet? Also, did most people send LOIs or can you also get in without sending in a letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend just got accepted.

Sorry for the anxiety y'all.
do you happen to know if your friend was set to attend another top school? Just curious, since I assume they can see where we are going and might be trying to poach candidates.

do you happen to know if your friend was set to attend another top school? Just curious, since I assume they can see where we are going and might be trying to poach candidates.

They can't see the schools you're accepted to until they accept you. They can only see you have acceptances.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

They can't see the schools you're accepted to until they accept you. They can only see you have acceptances.

Are you sure? I got an email from another school I'm waitlisted at, and they knew where I'm currently set to go

Are you sure? I got an email from another school I'm waitlisted at, and they knew where I'm currently set to go

Idk how they would know the exact school you're set to go to. The multiple acceptance report only tells them if we've been accepted to multiple places, unless we've already received an acceptance from them. In that case, they can see the school names. This is purposefully done to stop any type of discrimination against students in regards to taking them off waitlists just for the reason that they've been accepted to a high tier school

Idk how they would know the exact school you're set to go to. The multiple acceptance report only tells them if we've been accepted to multiple places, unless we've already received an acceptance from them. In that case, they can see the school names. This is purposefully done to stop any type of discrimination against students in regards to taking them off waitlists just for the reason that they've been accepted to a high tier school

Ninja adcom? :ninja:

I don't know how they found out, but they definitely knew even though they haven't accepted me

I thought an adcom on here said that sometime in April or May all schools can access this information, but I could be wrong

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Accepted here today! Got an email with the steps for a deposit and everything. The time frame to decide is two weeks within acceptance.

I personally have an acceptance to another top 20 school, so possibly?

lol top medical schools only want you if other top Med schools want you Confirmed

Nyu isn't even in the top 20s most years though
Would they really try to poach from high tier school?

How does it work with the waitlist now? They just have continuous rounds of acceptances until the class fills up?

Folks, if you want, you can read the AAMC traffic rules. They tend to write things a little ambiguously, but they tend to make clear that only medical schools which have accepted you can see the names of the actual schools you've been accepted to.

The national acceptance report releases information to all medical schools (whether accepted, waitlisted, or no decision.) This report only tells them whether you are accepted/matriculated. It does not list the names of the schools.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 5.16.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 5.16.56 PM.png
    185.4 KB · Views: 147
Wait, can we confirm: 2 people have posted that they were accepted today? Is that it for the day or will there be more later on in the evening?

Reactions: 1 users
this is so depressing :(
I know :(

I'm just hoping people are considerate and decline the position asap if they know for sure they won't take it...instead of dragging it out the 2wks. But oh well, they earned the spot.

I also got accepted off the waitlist today, but will most likely not attend. I just need to see what their financial aid is before I withdraw.

I also got accepted off the waitlist today, but will most likely not attend. I just need to see what their financial aid is before I withdraw.
Do you know how we get financial aid information? I was thinking of calling tomorrow.

Do you know how we get financial aid information? I was thinking of calling tomorrow.

No clue, I was just kinda hoping that the packet they send me in the mail would have the information lol
If it is the same as it was for previously accepted students, you will get an email to set up an nyu Albert account (their portal), which is where they will post the financial aid award. They may do this differently for waitlisted students though, so it wouldn't hurt to call.

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

I feel like it goes in waves.
The way the dean went about it, it sounded like that.

Also I just want to say something to help people here: It's only May 4th.

What happens between now and couple months from now? Schools all over the country are going to be pulling off the waitlist, meaning current NYU admitted students may be leaving, opening up spots, and current people on the waitlist who just got their offers may have already better offers elsewhere or don't want to come to NYU, meaning it goes to another student. It takes time.

Be patient y'all. May the 4th be with you all. Insert motivation quote here.

Reactions: 7 users
Any guesses as to when the next wave will be? This is really stressing me out.

Was accepted off the wait list at the end of last week so that may have been part of another wave.

Withdrew the offer and hoping it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users
So weird that there was no tweet
From the look of last year's thread, there was only the initial tweet in May for those on the waitlist, followed by silent and sparse acceptances as the months went on. I think it'll be tough to pry apart when we can expect to hear anything blah.

Anyone have any info on the timing of merit aid ? is there still a chance of getting it ?

How can I know if I will be accepted from the wait list? I mean can I call someone at the school. Please advice me?

How can I know if I will be accepted from the wait list? I mean can I call someone at the school. Please advice me?

You'll get an email. Don't call unless you enjoy annoying the admissions staff

Accepted off the waitlist today and will be attending 100%!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the waitlist and this is my first choice school

Reactions: 2 users