Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 New York University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
TBT...we coulda had something special NYU. But you playin.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The packet they sent us said they hand them out starting mid march and up until the first day of classes.
[QUOTaE="cresent, post: 18689613, member: 595993"]Does nyu med school give merit scholarship[/QUOTE]
Look above...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Look above...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does waitlist movement here only occur after April 30th?
Anyone remember how much NYU's subsidized housing costs?
Anyone remember how much NYU's subsidized housing costs?
Pretty sure 1000/month
Most likely. I doubt that aspect of their cycle will change with their switch to non-rolling admissions. From last year's thread, the first report of waitlist movement happened on May 3.Does waitlist movement here only occur after April 30th?
Thank you! In general, does anyone know how long we'd have to decide say we get off the waitlist?? Does it vary by school?Most likely. I doubt that aspect of their cycle will change with their switch to non-rolling admissions. From last year's thread, the first report of waitlist movement happened on May 3.
I think it varies by school and how close to matriculation you find out. I think you're usually given a couple weeks to decide in May/June, then when it gets closer to matriculation you may only have a day/couple of days to decideThank you! In general, does anyone know how long we'd have to decide say we get off the waitlist?? Does it vary by school?
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
hey guys, i don't have a Facebook so i cant join the admitted students group. am i missing out on any good info? thanks!
Yeah there was a link they posted couple days ago that said you needed to like it or else they were rescinding your acceptance and giving it to me. I appreciate your sacrifices.hey guys, i don't have a Facebook so i cant join the admitted students group. am i missing out on any good info? thanks!
anyone else apply to the 3 yr MD track? wondering when we'll hear back... i think they said decisions on it would be released by 3/31. that doesn't give us much time to book a flight to interview with PDs unless we hear back really soon
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to it too! They said that they would try to schedule the interview during revisit so I'm assuming that means they'll get back to us around the end of March.anyone else apply to the 3 yr MD track? wondering when we'll hear back... i think they said decisions on it would be released by 3/31. that doesn't give us much time to book a flight to interview with PDs unless we hear back really soon
Does NYU still give out the academic-based, full-ride Silverstein scholarship? And if so, is that for all four years?
For those who applied to the 3 year program, I just got an interview for it and my interview date is not during revisit. But they reimburse you for travel costs!
thanks for sharing the info. Is it a one day / one interview with the PD? I guess it may be different based on the program applied to. Did the email come from the department or admissions?
I got the email from the department! And it said meet with the residency leadership team so not entirely sure what that entailsthanks for sharing the info. Is it a one day / one interview with the PD? I guess it may be different based on the program applied to. Did the email come from the department or admissions?
do students get subsidized housing for all 4 years?
The USNWR rankings for 2018 are up
Is there a reason that NYU dropped back down to 12 from 4?
Does anybody have an idea of why they were up to 4 for only one year?
https://www.usnews.com/best-graduat...rch-rankings?int=af3309&int=b3b50a&int=b14409
Sent from my Redmi Pro using SDN mobile
Is there a reason that NYU dropped back down to 12 from 4?
Does anybody have an idea of why they were up to 4 for only one year?
https://www.usnews.com/best-graduat...rch-rankings?int=af3309&int=b3b50a&int=b14409
Sent from my Redmi Pro using SDN mobile
Last edited:
The USNWR rankings for 2018 are up
Is there a reason that NYU dropped back down to 12 from 4?
Does anybody have an idea of why they were up to 4 for only one year?
https://www.usnews.com/best-graduat...rch-rankings?int=af3309&int=b3b50a&int=b14409
Sent from my Redmi Pro using SDN mobile
I'm about 99% sure NYU was never #4
ETA: not that this matters. NYU is a fantastic school. Any change in rankings that drastic is most likely due to methodology. That being said, I think they were #11 or something like that, not 4.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
You're right. I have no idea where I got that number from. Looking at last year's rankings again, there were a lot of ties above NYU. If you don't skip a number when there's a tie, NYU would be ranked 7 rather than 4.I'm about 99% sure NYU was never #4
ETA: not that this matters. NYU is a fantastic school. Any change in rankings that drastic is most likely due to methodology. That being said, I think they were #11 or something like that, not 4.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
In any case, I agree with you. It's an excellent school no matter what the rankings are.
Last edited:
Re the FB post, any idea what the 'surprise' is?
Re the FB post, any idea what the 'surprise' is?
what did it say?
Is it that they made a mistake and I'm accepted after all?what did it say?
Re the FB post, any idea what the 'surprise' is?
Just got a congrats call from an M2, and asked if I had any questions.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a congrats call from an M2, and asked if I had any questions.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats! What Fb post?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats! What Fb post?
The post just said to expect a surprise by phone call. Ended up just being a call to check in.
has anyone got financial aid yet
has anyone got financial aid yet
Not yet. Turned in the CSS profile last month.
Anyone do the three year MD interview with a program director? Wondering how long i should expect to be there
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone do the three year MD interview with a program director? Wondering how long i should expect to be there
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I haven't had mine yet, but when I was scheduling it I was told that it would take all day (8-5) , since it would be with a handful of different faculty members in the department, in addition to the program director. That said, not sure if this is true for all interviews or is program-specific.
Does anyone have the 2017 match list?
I think this is program specific because mine is literally only an hour long (this includes the 30 min interview)I haven't had mine yet, but when I was scheduling it I was told that it would take all day (8-5) , since it would be with a handful of different faculty members in the department, in addition to the program director. That said, not sure if this is true for all interviews or is program-specific.
Called in friday and they said we'd be hearing about merit rides this week.
Did they say we would hear about need based aid this week too?Called in friday and they said we'd be hearing about merit rides this week.
Hoping for a lot!Anyone know how much waitlist movement NYU normally has?
Got an email about an hour ago about signing up for Albert (where the financial package will be viewable). The email also said that the financial package would get sent out soon. Is everyone else in the same boat in regard to this email?
Yupp got that email too!Got an email about an hour ago about signing up for Albert (where the financial package will be viewable). The email also said that the financial package would get sent out soon. Is everyone else in the same boat in regard to this email?
Got an email about an hour ago about signing up for Albert (where the financial package will be viewable). The email also said that the financial package would get sent out soon. Is everyone else in the same boat in regard to this email?
+1
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone had the 3yr interview yet?
Is there any other accepted student that is concerned/disappointed about the USnews ranking this year? I applied hoping that NYU would become top 10 but they seem to have went down a bit. I'm worried that their ranking would drop throughout my 4 years.
Is there any other accepted student that is concerned/disappointed about the USnews ranking this year? I applied hoping that NYU would become top 10 but they seem to have went down a bit. I'm worried that their ranking would drop throughout my 4 years.
Yeah, the rating will likely drop. I wouldn't attend here over other top 14 schools
Their ranking dropped by 1 position. They were ranked #11 last year and #12 this year. I don't think that is big enough of a drop to worry about. The dean has been working hard to increase their ranking, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Besides, NYU has a great reputation, so I doubt it will drop much more. I would actually expect it to stay around #10.Yeah, the rating will likely drop. I wouldn't attend here over other top 14 schools
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K