You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 New York University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!?!
STOP. STOP. JUST STOOOOP.
STOP. STOP. JUST STOOOOP.
Haha, I literally logged in to post about that as well. You'd think they would only send that to folks with an II. It's especially painful with apple alerts... In the corner of the screen: [email protected]. And then go to mail, and whomp, whomp, whomp...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hah, they even included it as communication in the portal!
[emoji58]
(Content redacted to preserve anonymity)
Last edited:
Is NYU purely MMI, or does it have some standard interview segments as well?
It's around 7 MMI stations with one "double" station that's around 15 minutes long for a standard interview.Is NYU purely MMI, or does it have some standard interview segments as well?
I sent in on 7/25, and I'm complete as of 9/1. A week difference of course, but pretty close.Anyone submit around 8/4 and complete yet?
I was complete the day after I submitted the secondary, but my letters, etc had already been receivedAnyone submit around 8/4 and complete yet?
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
I got an email about diversity liaisons to be put into contact with LGBT and Black/Latino organizations.
As a straight white guy, is there any point for me responding to the Liaison program?
As a straight white guy, is there any point for me responding to the Liaison program?
You crack me up!!!I got an email about diversity liaisons to be put into contact with LGBT and Black/Latino organizations.
As a straight white guy, is there any point for me responding to the Liaison program?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any II here recently
P
poshpremed
.
Based on their twitter, the last set of interview invites they sent out was on August 11th. They haven't posted anything about when the next batch goes out thoughAny II here recently
II today! Complete late July with a Lizzy M ~ 74-77
When, just now?
No, earlier in the day.When, just now?
Anyone interview here yet? How was it? Anything you didn't expect? I am interviewing at NYU this week... little nervous about the MMI format, but still overall excited! 🙂
The interview was really great, the MMI was too fast paced to be stressful. I wad really impressed with a lot about the school and the students all actually seemed mega-chill, which was unexpectedly pleasant. Good luck with your interview!
The one thing I didn't like: they said all decisions came out in one lump, so we're likely gonna be waiting until Decmber-January to hear back.
Oh wow that's so late! Glad your interview went well though. I can't wait!The interview was really great, the MMI was too fast paced to be stressful. I wad really impressed with a lot about the school and the students all actually seemed mega-chill, which was unexpectedly pleasant. Good luck with your interview!
The one thing I didn't like: they said all decisions came out in one lump, so we're likely gonna be waiting until Decmber-January to hear back.
Ugh noooooooThe interview was really great, the MMI was too fast paced to be stressful. I wad really impressed with a lot about the school and the students all actually seemed mega-chill, which was unexpectedly pleasant. Good luck with your interview!
The one thing I didn't like: they said all decisions came out in one lump, so we're likely gonna be waiting until Decmber-January to hear back.
Anyone have any idea what the post interview acceptance rate might be?
39.2%Anyone have any idea what the post interview acceptance rate might be?
Where did you find this statistic?39.2%
Somebody from SDN post a spreadsheet with all sorts of info. NYU is one of themWhere did you find this statistic?
II today! I honestly did not expect this. I am beside myself
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats/completion date?II today! I honestly did not expect this. I am beside myself
cGPA-3.64Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats/completion date?
MCAT-516
URM
Submitted secondary on 7/25
Complete on 9/1
II on 9/12
cGPA-3.64
MCAT-516
URM
Submitted secondary on 7/25
Complete on 9/1
II on 9/12
Wow, that was a fast turnaround! I've been complete since late August but still haven't heard anything:/ Anyways good luck on your interview!
Yeah, I was very surprised myself. I didn't expect anything from anywhere until at least October. Yours will come, it's still so early.Wow, that was a fast turnaround! I've been complete since late August but still haven't heard anything:/ Anyways good luck on your interview!
And thanks!
Don't worry, I was complete since late July and just heard back today! There's still hope! Speaking of which:Wow, that was a fast turnaround! I've been complete since late August but still haven't heard anything:/ Anyways good luck on your interview!
II today, Secondary submitted 7/29, LizzyM 77
The Twitter chat email AGAIN! NYU, please stop giving me a heart attack over this email! 😛
DANG IT NYUThe Twitter chat email AGAIN! NYU, please stop giving me a heart attack over this email! 😛
Anyone interview at NYU already? I know they only recently started.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone interview at NYU already? I know they only recently started.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes, first day was Sept. 6.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Obviously know your app, etc. but as for the MMI, watch some YouTube videos. Learn how to think critically, and practice a strategy for answering MMI style scenarios. Most of the day felt fairly conversational in my opinion.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Obviously know your app, etc. but as for the MMI, watch some YouTube videos. Learn how to think critically, and practice a strategy for answering MMI style scenarios. Most of the day felt fairly conversational in my opinion.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It seems like with the MMI format you won't get a chance to discuss your app, in what way did you mean "know your app"?
It seems like with the MMI format you won't get a chance to discuss your app, in what way did you mean "know your app"?
There's a traditional interview station, as mentioned earlier in this thread.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am one more Twitter email away from withdrawing my application.
Not really, but COME ON.
Not really, but COME ON.
Anyone else having trouble accessing the portal today?
I'm going to the same link as always ( https://amp.med.nyu.edu/ ) but I'm getting:
This site can’t be reached
amp.med.nyu.edu’s server DNS address could not be found.
Not a big deal, just curious to find out if my computer is being weird, or I'm doing something wrong, or if their site is temporarily down...
I'm going to the same link as always ( https://amp.med.nyu.edu/ ) but I'm getting:
This site can’t be reached
amp.med.nyu.edu’s server DNS address could not be found.
Not a big deal, just curious to find out if my computer is being weird, or I'm doing something wrong, or if their site is temporarily down...
Just tried, and the portal is working for meAnyone else having trouble accessing the portal today?
I'm going to the same link as always ( https://amp.med.nyu.edu/ ) but I'm getting:
This site can’t be reached
amp.med.nyu.edu’s server DNS address could not be found.
Not a big deal, just curious to find out if my computer is being weird, or I'm doing something wrong, or if their site is temporarily down...
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
Hey, is there a confirmation email sent once you submit your secondary?
I got an email saying my app was complete, yes. Maybe you haven't yet if your letters aren't in?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K