2016-2017 New York University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm freaking out about this interview at NYU. It is a reach school for me for sure and I did a mock interview yesterday and completely blew it lol. How does everyone keep their nerves down?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Did you get an email stating that your application was complete?
Yes. And please change your pic to keep your anonymity

This will inform you that we have received all forms and credentials required to complete your application. The Committee on Admissions will notify you as soon as any final action is taken.



Thank you,

Admissions Office

NYU School of Medicine
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. And please change your pic to keep your anonymity

This will inform you that we have received all forms and credentials required to complete your application. The Committee on Admissions will notify you as soon as any final action is taken.



Thank you,

Admissions Office

NYU School of Medicine


Thank you!

Should I be concerned if I haven't received an email and the date my application file was complete was on September 26th?
 
Congrats to everyone who has recently received an II! Could you please share what the earliest available interview dates are?

(Wondering if the majority of interviews are already scheduled). Thanks!
 
Any last tips for the MMI?

Don't spend time dwelling on the previous door. If you feel like you messed up, don't let it interfere with you ability to do well in the next one.

Have fun! I thought it was interesting and fun, almost like a game. That helped put my mind at ease.
 
The interview was really great, the MMI was too fast paced to be stressful. I wad really impressed with a lot about the school and the students all actually seemed mega-chill, which was unexpectedly pleasant. Good luck with your interview!

The one thing I didn't like: they said all decisions came out in one lump, so we're likely gonna be waiting until Decmber-January to hear back.

I wonder if there is a chance they release earlier like November.
 
I wonder if there is a chance they release earlier like November.

That would be amazing. But, if I remember correctly, they said that they released all at once. So I doubt they have a full class ready by november. My guess would be early january.
 
Thought I already posted this, but II! Go to school in Manhattan, so this shouldn't be too bad. OOS LizzyM 70, and complete August (I know those are questions I like to ask, so I thought I'd add those lol). Very excited, but my parents are even more excited that they don't have to pay for a plane ticket 😛
 
That would be amazing. But, if I remember correctly, they said that they released all at once. So I doubt they have a full class ready by november. My guess would be early january.

True, but they have released in November in past years though. I wonder if they tell the applicants this every year and then release early.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interviewing on Monday but have to arrive late and miss the Dean's talk. Can anyone share if I'll miss any important info about the MMI by missing that talk?
 
I'm interviewing on Monday but have to arrive late and miss the Dean's talk. Can anyone share if I'll miss any important info about the MMI by missing that talk?
None that you can't get online. Don't worry too much about it. We had 2 groups during mine, one that did the tour while the other did the MMI, and so on. You'll be given your order and what not when you arrive.
Don't sweat it =)
 
Does anyone know if NYU will be sending out more interviews or when the last IIs were? It seems they haven't been sending out much, but that's just based on me lurking this SDN :ninja:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad