You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Ponce School of Medicine Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone know if Spanish is required for this school?
Hey! their website's "admissions requirements" lists 3 credits of Spanish as required for admissions.Anyone know if Spanish is required for this school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last edited:
What do they mean by "a portfolio is required?" Also I am not fluent in Spanish but have taken a great deal of Spanish classes throughout high school and college. Should I discontinue my application?
I was wondering the same thing!! I have no idea what they mean by portfolio???!What do they mean by "a portfolio is required?" Also I am not fluent in Spanish but have taken a great deal of Spanish classes throughout high school and college. Should I discontinue my application?
Just got the secondary invite, which states that "you must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking Spanish or please discontinue your application now."
Would have been nice to know to begin with... I was really looking forward to this school. I have taken 4 years of Spanish, and I'm not fluent...
Would have been nice to know to begin with... I was really looking forward to this school. I have taken 4 years of Spanish, and I'm not fluent...
I did not get a "secondary"...I got an email with an attachment that said, "Classes are taught either in English or Spanish. You must be able to speak, understand, read and write both languages. If you do not comply, we kindly suggest that you discontinue your application process by replying to this email." Then it asked for me to mail my transcripts and a money order to open a file for admissions.Just got the secondary invite, which states that "you must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking Spanish or please discontinue your application now."
Would have been nice to know to begin with... I was really looking forward to this school. I have taken 4 years of Spanish, and I'm not fluent...
Got 2ndary. Just a letter stating what @KingLucas55 said.
Last edited:
Basically a collection of paperwork of activities and extracurricular that you have done. I would include a comprehensive CV, cover letter and anything you have done that can be placed on paper.What do they mean by "a portfolio is required?" Also I am not fluent in Spanish but have taken a great deal of Spanish classes throughout high school and college. Should I discontinue my application?
Got II. Just a letter stating what @KingLucas55 said.
Any chance you could provide an update or have any insight on how Ponce is progressing?
I was interviewed at the beginning of October.. still waiting for the decisionHas anyone gotten notice of an interview? or at least when interviews will commence?
Nice did you actually use a portfolio?I was interviewed at the beginning of October.. still waiting for the decision
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I brought mine but they never asked for itNice did you actually use a portfolio?
Yes, from my understanding you won't be invited for interview until all your documents are in; which includes transcripts being sent to their admissions office.if you haven't sent your transcripts directly to admissions, they won't give you an interview right?
Do you guys know when they start to send acceptance or rejection letters?
Do you guys know when they start to send acceptance or rejection letters?
During the interview we were told that they would give us an answer before the month ended. So I would estimate that they typically let you know within 2 to 4 weeks.
During the interview we were told that they would give us an answer before the month ended. So I would estimate that they typically let you know within 2 to 4 weeks.
Ok thanks.


Cutting it super close but will be submitting my application via amcas by the end of the week!
I just got my interview invite.
nope 🙁 When was your interview? Congrats 🙂
I got accepted!!! Just got my email yesterday, and I'm super excited 🙂 Anybody else hear back?
I had my interview end of October. Wishing the best for you~!nope 🙁 When was your interview? Congrats 🙂
Thank I was in November so that might be the reason. 🙂
I had my interview end of October. Wishing the best for you~!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted woo, partyy
Hey, where you just accepted today??? Congrats btw.Accepted woo, partyy
Right. Were there any OOS that interviewed with you? I'm just worried I'll mess up a little on my Spanish, and am hoping they won't make a big deal over it. I speak decently thoughI speak perfect Spanish... I'm IS and still got denied
Right. Were there any OOS that interviewed with you? I'm just worried I'll mess up a little on my Spanish, and am hoping they won't make a big deal over it. I speak decently though
When is your interview? Mine is on Jan 20th since I had interviews in December and beginning of January. I'm also a little worried over my Spanish but it seems they focus on your whole application. I'm also OOS and I feel it's more competitive for OOS? Ionno.
My interview is this Friday. It's more competitive for OOS to get an interview, but those that get an interview seem to have a better chance of getting in compared to IS once the interview is acquired. This is from what I gathered from looking at past matriculation data for Ponce. Im just hoping the more serious questions will be in English rather than Spanish.When is your interview? Mine is on Jan 20th since I had interviews in December and beginning of January. I'm also a little worried over my Spanish but it seems they focus on your whole application. I'm also OOS and I feel it's more competitive for OOS? Ionno.
My interview is this Friday. It's more competitive for OOS to get an interview, but those that get an interview seem to have a better chance of getting in compared to IS once the interview is acquired. This is from what I gathered from looking at past matriculation data for Ponce. Im just hoping the more serious questions will be in English rather than Spanish.
I just looked over that data and you are right. I had also asked for a student host so that I could save money on the hotel but was told they don't have that service 🙁 I am going to be staying in a cheap hotel and take uber to the school. The flight is 500$! >.< How are your expenses looking so far?
I actually have a lot of family in Puerto Rico, and go every year for vacation so my expenses are no different. If I did or did not have this interview, I still would have been in PR. It was fortunate that the interview date was near my vacation timeI just looked over that data and you are right. I had also asked for a student host so that I could save money on the hotel but was told they don't have that service 🙁 I am going to be staying in a cheap hotel and take uber to the school. The flight is 500$! >.< How are your expenses looking so far?
I got an email and then an official letter via mail. I interviewed late October. The interview was entirely in Spanish!Has anyone else been accepted? When? Were you notified through email or mail? On what day did you interview? Thanks 🙂
Congrats! Are you also waiting on other schools? Or are you set on going to Ponce?Accepted woo, partyy
Thanks, still don't know because I got a interview at another school so Im waiting for their response, what about you?
Congrats! Are you also waiting on other schools? Or are you set on going to Ponce?
I got an email and then an official letter via mail. I interviewed late October. The interview was entirely in Spanish!
Was it MMI or a multiple of traditional and group and MMI? I have gotten an interview but haven't had the time to ask them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Llame hoy. La escuela estara cerrada hasta enero 10. Where did you interview?My interview is this Friday. It's more competitive for OOS to get an interview, but those that get an interview seem to have a better chance of getting in compared to IS once the interview is acquired. This is from what I gathered from looking at past matriculation data for Ponce. Im just hoping the more serious questions will be in English rather than Spanish.
Denied... 🙁 Good luck to everyone still in the running![
Sorry about that. I will be interviewing in January. How was the interview? What do you think UPR looks for?I speak perfect Spanish... I'm IS and still got denied
Stats? How fluent r u in Spanish?My interview is this Friday. It's more competitive for OOS to get an interview, but those that get an interview seem to have a better chance of getting in compared to IS once the interview is acquired. This is from what I gathered from looking at past matriculation data for Ponce. Im just hoping the more serious questions will be in English rather than Spanish.
It was a group interview!Was it MMI or a multiple of traditional and group and MMI? I have gotten an interview but haven't had the time to ask them.
I'm waiting for San Juan's decision, and a couple of other schools for interviews.Thanks, still don't know because I got a interview at another school so Im waiting for their response, what about you?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K
- Replies
- 234
- Views
- 77K