This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just want to give a little encouragement to anyone who has their heart set on TWU. My daughter was accepted two years ago, and in her class, there was a student who got admitted very, very late off the waitlist. I think it may have been the day before classes started. Luckily, her sister was also a student there and lived in the area, so she was able to stay with her for a bit until she found her own housing.

Also, although it seems like notifications have gone out, I would encourage you to answer any "unknown number" calls from here on out till the start of classes. My daughter generally doesn't answer unknown calls, and she got a few of them the day before she got her acceptance. The next day as she was walking to a class, she decided to answer just to tell the person not to call her anymore. It was Mary Beth with her acceptance call. Guess she doesn't like to leave the news in voice mail. I'm assuming she got an email notification at some point, but her first contact was by phone.

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately my hubby got his rejection email from UNT this morning. Can't believe he didn't even get an interview! We thought for sure that if any school, he would get into that one.

Still haven't heard anything from UTSW.

Feeling really down right now.

Unfortunately my hubby got his rejection email from UNT this morning. Can't believe he didn't even get an interview! We thought for sure that if any school, he would get into that one.

Still haven't heard anything from UTSW.

Feeling really down right now.
I'm sorry to hear that. :/ I also got a unt rejection. just waiting on twu wait list now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I've decided to apply to ASU, but I don't have a personal letter of recommendation. I can get one, but would I be fine in applying without one?

Also, since it is rolling admissions, should I even bother applying? Since the class size is so small, then most of their spots may be already filled.

Thanks

Hi all, I've decided to apply to ASU, but I don't have a personal letter of recommendation. I can get one, but would I be fine in applying without one?

Also, since it is rolling admissions, should I even bother applying? Since the class size is so small, then most of their spots may be already filled.

Thanks
You should probably get a rec letter. There are lots of good applicants to any of these schools and it feels like they look for reasons to cut down on their application load so I would send in everything that they ask for.

I don't know about them having spots open or closed. I think you still have time to submit (some people will not accept even if they got in) but maybe ask Shelly Weise if the class is full/ if you can still submit. She's the education coordinator, I believe and she's been super helpful to me throughout the application process.

@Micro Jackson Yes the personal letter is a requirement so you need it to apply.
It's not a letter per se, but more of a reference form so it shouldn't be difficult to get one. My best friend wrote mine and had it done the next day.

I believe ASU tries to fill up half of their spot in the first half of their interview cycle and the second half in the second half. I know they had 2 interview dates in November (of 16 people each) and accepted 5 people at each. Like @latissimus dorsi said, Dr Shelly Weise is super helpful, so you can shoot her an email to get a sense of how full the class is, but I have a feeling there still are some spots :)

Also side note, ASU actually has an additional essay you need to write. It's not on PTCAS, but as you start applying you'll get an email about your status and missing documents and the essay is part of it. It's not a complicated essay, just a short statement of purpose so you can probably reuse some of the stuff you've already written, just wanted to give you a heads up.

So no one has heard about the interview from UNT then? I'm just getting confused why I haven't heard anything at all from them...

So no one has heard about the interview from UNT then? I'm just getting confused why I haven't heard anything at all from them...

Same here. I still haven't heard anything from them. The only thing I can think of is maybe they were waiting for the Academic Update to go through on PTCAS? I know I had a class in progress that was a prereq for them.

Same here. I still haven't heard anything from them. The only thing I can think of is maybe they were waiting for the Academic Update to go through on PTCAS? I know I had a class in progress that was a prereq for them.
I'm happy you mentioned that! I totally forgot about the PTCAS academic update.

UNT's deadline is next week on the 16th. They might be waiting until then too?

Accepted to UTSW yesterday. Had my interview on Monday.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to UTSW yesterday. Had my interview on Monday.

Do you know how many more interviews they were going to do at UTSW?

We still haven't heard anything from them. :-(

Congrats, though!

Called UNT and they said we will hear back within the next 2 weeks now...

Well I guess the Director was lying because I got the interview!!!!! So excited!

Reactions: 5 users
I'm guessing by now if we haven't heard back from UTMB post-interview, we didn't make the top 100 waitlist? Has anyone heard anything? (also I received an offer of admission at UTEP today)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
@outofdaloop @Flamingo10 thank you!

For girls, what is the attire for an interview? Is it like a nice pant suit, or is it more casual like just a cute dress?

[QUOTE="RiceOwl02, post:

For girls, what is the attire for an interview? Is it like a nice pant suit, or is it more casual like just a cute dress?[/QUOTE]

I'd say for sure pant suit, most everyone is dressed business formal at all the ones I've been to!

[QUOTE="RiceOwl02, post:

For girls, what is the attire for an interview? Is it like a nice pant suit, or is it more casual like just a cute dress?

I'd say for sure pant suit, most everyone is dressed business formal at all the ones I've been to![/QUOTE]

Suit for sure. Very professional.

Haven't heard back from UTSW after my interview Monday.. guess that means it was a No?!

@outofdaloop @Flamingo10 thank you!

Go for very nice pants suits. When I went to the Texas State interview I didn't see anyone looking business casual at all. Everyone definitely looked their best! :)

I'm guessing by now if we haven't heard back from UTMB post-interview, we didn't make the top 100 waitlist? Has anyone heard anything? (also I received an offer of admission at UTEP today)
Why do you say that? I was told it was gonna take till around the end of the month.

Well I guess the Director was lying because I got the interview!!!!! So excited!

I also got an invite at UNT!! I'm so excited/nervous! It's the last school I haven't been rejected from...

Reactions: 4 users
Do you know how many more interviews they were going to do at UTSW?

We still haven't heard anything from them. :-(

Congrats, though!
I'm not sure about any further interviews. I know they interviewed 88 for 40 spots on Monday, though. Best of luck to you!

Why do you say that? I was told it was gonna take till around the end of the month.
Ok that's good! I heard something similar too, but my email I received before my interview said "early January" so I didn't know what to think.

I think I'm going to decline TTUHSC. Should I just not pay the fee or is there somewhere that says "I would like to decline my offer"? Also, is anyone going to the TWU Meet and Greet thing?

I just received the email from UTMB saying I made the official waitlist! Position number was not disclosed

I think I'm going to decline TTUHSC. Should I just not pay the fee or is there somewhere that says "I would like to decline my offer"? Also, is anyone going to the TWU Meet and Greet thing?
I just replied back to the acceptance email and asked if I needed to take any additional steps. Macie Williams responded and passed my email along to the admissions committee. Is the meet and greet thing you're talking about for the Dallas campus?

I just received the email from UTMB saying I made the official waitlist! Position number was not disclosed
me too!! so does that mean they have already given out all of their acceptances and are waiting to see who declines? i guess i'm confused about what the "top 100" really means

Reactions: 2 users
me too!! so does that mean they have already given out all of their acceptances and are waiting to see who declines? i guess i'm confused about what the "top 100" really means
I'm not sure to be honest I think they'll start handing out acceptances next week! Hoping for the best!

Reactions: 1 users
I just replied back to the acceptance email and asked if I needed to take any additional steps. Macie Williams responded and passed my email along to the admissions committee. Is the meet and greet thing you're talking about for the Dallas campus?
Yup. Mine is for Dallas. I hope they'll tell us before the meet up date.

UTMB has rolling admissions, which means that some of the spots have already been filled. When they finish interviews, they fill in the rest of the open spots with people on the waitlist. Don't worry if you aren't initially accepted. They usually get pretty far down on the waitlist! I'm a first year PT student at UTMB and in addition to myself getting pulled off the waitlist 6 weeks before the first day, we also had someone get accepted 4 days before classes started this fall. There's always a chance you may get that call! Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm not sure to be honest I think they'll start handing out acceptances next week! Hoping for the best!

That's what I believe as well. Nothing in that email screamed out that they have accepted anyone beyond early decision applicants and if you look at the Texas thread from last year, it was around the 20th or so of January that people began posting that they had been offered acceptance. I wouldn't know for sure, but I'm gonna hold onto hope too.

UTMB has rolling admissions, which means that some of the spots have already been filled. When they finish interviews, they fill in the rest of the open spots with people on the waitlist. Don't worry if you aren't initially accepted. They usually get pretty far down on the waitlist! I'm a first year PT student at UTMB and in addition to myself getting pulled off the waitlist 6 weeks before the first day, we also had someone get accepted 4 days before classes started this fall. There's always a chance you may get that call! Good luck!
Should we expect an email or a phone call? Beyond anxious and UTMB is my top choice!

Should we expect an email or a phone call? Beyond anxious and UTMB is my top choice!
You'll get an email first and after you accept, you'll receive a phone call to help explain what you do next. Like I said, they usually get far down the waitlist so don't give up hope! I wish you the best and hope you hear from us!

At the interview last week I was under the impression UTSW would email us rejection as well as acceptance emails, did anyone hear anything different?

At the interview last week I was under the impression UTSW would email us rejection as well as acceptance emails, did anyone hear anything different?

I believe they will send out rejections as well. They gave me till the 25th to decide on my acceptance, so I'm sure they're just waiting to hear back from this first wave of admitted students.

Does anyone know if UTMB- Galveston sends out rejection letters? I applied there in October and have yet to hear anything about my admission status.

Does anyone know if UTMB- Galveston sends out rejection letters? I applied there in October and have yet to hear anything about my admission status.
I am not sure if they normally do, but they did say in a recent email that they finished interviewing and ranking all their applicants. From my understanding it's down to the accepted students and the top 100 who were interviewed.

Did anyone hear back from UTMB this week? If not then I need to call dibs on one of those slots.

Is there anyone who interviewed at UNT who can tell me what it's like? I'm not sure what to expect. The other school I'm interviewing at at least told me it's a panel interview, so I can mentally prepare a little. What kind of questions do they ask? Is it a one on one, panel, or group interview? Thanks in advance!