You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 University of Alabama Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Status is now: Secondary Review Complete-Remain Under Consideration for Interview
C'mon UAB show me some love.
When did you submit? And are you IS?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Submit mid-August. OOS but have some familial ties to the school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status is now: Secondary Review Complete-Remain Under Consideration for Interview
C'mon UAB show me some love.
I've had the same status since 9/30. I'm IS though; not sure if that's relevant. Plenty of people got II's after getting this status last year, but others didn't. Seems like it goes both ways
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How long did it take y'alls status to change from Under Review to "interview requested or remain under consideration"? I've been "under review" for 2.5 weeks now and it just seems like that is longer than the usual. FWIW, I'm OOS with a LM of roughly 70. Submitted last week in August
I don't know if this will give you any solace, but you are not the only one! I've been under review for longer than you have been, and I'm also OOS with a LM of roughly 72.How long did it take y'alls status to change from Under Review to "interview requested or remain under consideration"? I've been "under review" for 2.5 weeks now and it just seems like that is longer than the usual. FWIW, I'm OOS with a LM of roughly 70. Submitted last week in August
UAB is known for taking their time with the applications......
Also I was neurotic enough to go through last year's threads and they started giving out IIs right after that October 15th day, which is the 17th for this year, so we should be hearing back soon!!
Also "Remain Under Consideration" for as long as I can remember. The only thing keeping me sane about not having any II's so far is knowing that UAB is notoriously slow haha.
Also "Remain Under Consideration" for as long as I can remember. The only thing keeping me sane about not having any II's so far is knowing that UAB is notoriously slow haha.
If you don't mind, are you IS or OOS?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
IS
Withdrew my II from here today as I've already been accepted to my top choice program. Hopefully one of you guys gets my spot!
Also, I was set to interview October 27th so now there should be an open spot for that date just FYI! 🙂
Also, I was set to interview October 27th so now there should be an open spot for that date just FYI! 🙂
DIBSWithdrew my II from here today as I've already been accepted to my top choice program. Hopefully one of you guys gets my spot!
Also, I was set to interview October 27th so now there should be an open spot for that date just FYI! 🙂
Jkjk! But congrats!!
Has anyone heard anything...? II? Acceptances?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been "complete and under review" for the past 3.5 weeks and am coming up on a month under that status. From what I've seen, it looked like people were only spending a couple weeks or so "under review" before they went to "remain under consideration" or "interview requested". Seems odd.
I've been "complete and under review" for the past 3.5 weeks and am coming up on a month under that status. From what I've seen, it looked like people were only spending a couple weeks or so "under review" before they went to "remain under consideration" or "interview requested". Seems odd.
I've been under review for almost 5 weeks now, so you're not alone. It's just taking a while!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does anyone know if they've sent any regular decisions acceptances?
Complete 8/22
Under review on 9/22
just got switched to Secondary Review Complete-Remain Under Consideration for Interview...
do people get interviews after being placed in this status?
I had that status for like 2-3 weeks before my II.
Complete 8/22
Under review on 9/22
just got switched to Secondary Review Complete-Remain Under Consideration for Interview...
do people get interviews after being placed in this status?
Mine has been in that file for 2 weeks and I still haven't heard anything :/
Under review on 9/22
just got switched to Secondary Review Complete-Remain Under Consideration for Interview...
do people get interviews after being placed in this status?
Mine has been in that file for 2 weeks and I still haven't heard anything :/
To those who have interviewed:
Has anyone heard back from UAB? I have talked to a few applicants and the general consensus so far is nothing.
Interview requested 9/9
Interview 10/7
Status: campus choices recieved
I interviewed on this day as well. I haven't heard anything despite the fact that last year, they had already sent out acceptances by this time
To those who have interviewed:
Has anyone heard back from UAB? I have talked to a few applicants and the general consensus so far is nothing.
Interview requested 9/9
Interview 10/7
Status: campus choices recieved
+1
They had another round of interviews today, so I doubt we'll be hearing anything today!
I imagine it will be sometime between Nov 10 and Dec 1 as there are no interviews for three weeks. Happy waiting.They had another round of interviews today, so I doubt we'll be hearing anything today!
Any Re-apps notice that they are only offering interviews into Feb. 2017 this year? I swear they had interviews at least into March last year.
I was "under review" for a very long time. I think a couple months or so
What time did you find out?Accepted today! Interviewed oct. 6th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 8/27, OOS, LM 70
Went from "under review" to "remain under consideration" today 🙁
Went from "under review" to "remain under consideration" today 🙁
Can you share your stats ? CongratulationsAccepted today! Interviewed oct. 6th.
Does being put under consideration for an interview mean I'm rejected?
Received the "Secondary Review Complete-Remain Under Consideration for Interview" status today, exactly 60 days after being complete here. Happy to still be in the running. I have a family friend who trained here and is now an attending emergency trauma surgeon, and she has nothing but good things to say about the school and Birmingham at large. Hoping for some good news soon!
Does this mean rejection/ I'm so lostReceived the "Secondary Review Complete-Remain Under Consideration for Interview" status today, exactly 60 days after being complete here. Happy to still be in the running. I have a family friend who trained here and is now an attending emergency trauma surgeon, and she has nothing but good things to say about the school and Birmingham at large. Hoping for some good news soon!
Does this mean rejection/ I'm so lost
I certainly hope not...
Fingers crossed I guess! really love this school 🙁I certainly hope not...
Accepted yesterday!!! 🙂 Interviewed Oct. 13th.
I had this status for a few days before my II came. I think you have to go through this status to get an II actually so I wouldn't worry too much.
Does this mean rejection/ I'm so lost
I had this status for a few days before my II came. I think you have to go through this status to get an II actually so I wouldn't worry too much.
Accepted yesterday!!! 🙂 Interviewed Oct. 13th.
I had this status for a few days before my II came. I think you have to go through this status to get an II actually so I wouldn't worry too much.
I've been on it for a month and a half! Getting worried but trying to keep the hope alive
I've been on it for a month and a half! Getting worried but trying to keep the hope alive
I interpret the status as their way of saying "we have received your app and are going through a massive pile of apps, please wait". I'm in the same boat. Hopefully they give us something to be cheerful about for the holidays.
Okay thank you 🙂 Also like your username 😉I interpret the status as their way of saying "we have received your app and are going through a massive pile of apps, please wait". I'm in the same boat. Hopefully they give us something to be cheerful about for the holidays.
Omg, I just received an email from UAB today for.......
.....
Happy Halloween!
That was a trick, not a treat. Lol![]()
Yeah, not too humerus.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how to update your application? Like who to email, and if it's recommended to update on research labs or not?
Hi,
Has anyone been having technical issues with the secondary site? I have been trying to submit my secondary since August, but I cannot "mark as complete" and when I hit "submit" the site says that none of my sections are complete- even when I have gone through and marked everything. No green checks by complete, if that makes sense?
I have tried to email/phone the school multiple times but haven't gotten any help. I paid the application fee because I thought that might be the problem, but still nothing.
Any ideas or help?
Has anyone been having technical issues with the secondary site? I have been trying to submit my secondary since August, but I cannot "mark as complete" and when I hit "submit" the site says that none of my sections are complete- even when I have gone through and marked everything. No green checks by complete, if that makes sense?
I have tried to email/phone the school multiple times but haven't gotten any help. I paid the application fee because I thought that might be the problem, but still nothing.
Any ideas or help?
They do not accept updates unless you are a reapplicant. I tried, too.Does anyone know how to update your application? Like who to email, and if it's recommended to update on research labs or not?
Oh, bummer. I heard you can but I guess I heard wrong. Thanks!They do not accept updates unless you are a reapplicant. I tried, too.
Hi,
Has anyone been having technical issues with the secondary site? I have been trying to submit my secondary since August, but I cannot "mark as complete" and when I hit "submit" the site says that none of my sections are complete- even when I have gone through and marked everything. No green checks by complete, if that makes sense?
I have tried to email/phone the school multiple times but haven't gotten any help. I paid the application fee because I thought that might be the problem, but still nothing.
Any ideas or help?
First try a couple of different browsers
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
