2016-2017 University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I gave it like 2 hours... the neuroticism is real here on SDN.

I don't think it's neuroticism though. If one of the schools that interviewed me explicitly said " you will know for sure on Nov 16" and then turned around and said you may know by Feb (which is what someone else posted on here) I would be annoyed as well. I think if there was any uncertainty they shouldn't have given an explicit date.

Members don't see this ad.

Did they flip it and say we would know by feb? or is the everyone update still the most recent piece of info?

Idk, I haven't asked my friend anything else. He just said he called about an hour ago and they said everyone would find out today. So idk if that's accurate or not.

I don't think it's neuroticism though. If one of the schools that interviewed me explicitly said " you will know for sure on Nov 16" and then turned around and said you may know by Feb (which is what someone else posted on here) I would be annoyed as well. I think if there was any uncertainty they shouldn't have given an explicit date.
Just for the record, during my interview day, we were never told when we would hear back. Just to add a bit of perspective, this is the schools first run at the entire TMDSAS medical app season. I'm pretty sure those good people are working as hard as they can to get their offers out there. Plus in all honesty, they have till the Dec 31st to be done with pre-matches.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just for the record, during my interview day, we were never told when we would hear back. Just to add a bit of perspective, this is the schools first run at the entire TMDSAS medical app season. I'm pretty sure those good people are working as hard as they can to get their offers out there. Plus in all honesty, they have till the Dec 31st to be done with pre-matches.
During my interview , we were told when we would hear back so who knows

Reactions: 1 user

My friend was told explicitly. I'm sure they are working very hard, and I know they are a new school, but they really should've said anytime between Nov 16- Dec 31. Idk, I have no stock in this anyways, but I feel for everyone here that was waiting all day! I would be disappointed if my school had done this haha but I'm not a very patient person to begin with :)

Reactions: 1 users
My friend was told explicitly. I'm sure they are working very hard, and I know they are a new school, but they really should've said anytime between Nov 16- Dec 31. Idk, I have no stock in this anyways, but I feel for everyone here that was waiting all day! I would be disappointed if my school had done this haha but I'm not a very patient person to begin with :)
I guess I can see your point....shed a tear for us Ginny...

Just withdrew from my interview invite here on Nov. 30th. Hope someone gets an offer!

Reactions: 2 users
So it's 6:10(same time as the school since I live only 25 minutes away) has anybody heard anything about prematch or wait list? besides the ones who mentioned they heard on here already

So it's 6:10(same time as the school since I live only 25 minutes away) has anybody heard anything about prematch or wait list? besides the ones who mentioned they heard on here already

Nothing on my end. I just wish I had some concrete information. I don't mind waiting, but I do mind being told to expect a decision when it isn't actually happening. It's unnecessary stress in an already stressful process.

Patience will reign supreme though. I have a computer, a shelf full of books, a puppy, and a full time job. I can take another 4 months (although if it's 4 straight months of silence I might not make it!)

:nailbiting:

Nothing on my end. I just wish I had some concrete information. I don't mind waiting, but I do mind being told to expect a decision when it isn't actually happening. It's unnecessary stress in an already stressful process.

Patience will reign supreme though. I have a computer, a shelf full of books, a puppy, and a full time job. I can take another 4 months (although if it's 4 straight months of silence I might not make it!)

:nailbiting:

I wish I had a puppy... it would make everything so much better right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I had a puppy... it would make everything so much better right now.

Well he's an 8 month old Australian Shepherd, so we have a real love-hate thing going on right now as I try to guide him into adulthood without losing too many socks... and also my sanity. :D

Well he's an 8 month old Australian Shepherd, so we have a real love-hate thing going on right now as I try to guide him into adulthood without losing too many socks... and also my sanity. :D

Oh lord. My neighbor in college had one. He was insane but very adorable... still crazy energetic even once he got older.

I hope so
Me too lol. When were you interviewed? I do wonder though that if they do send out everything by tomorrow, what else do they plan on doing during the rest of the prematch period? I know some students will decide to go elsewhere instead but I don't think they would lose a huge majority of people that they accepted. Last year I heard they had to get 14 students from the wait list .

Me too lol. When were you interviewed? I do wonder though that if they do send out everything by tomorrow, what else do they plan on doing during the rest of the prematch period? I know some students will decide to go elsewhere instead but I don't think they would lose a huge majority of people that they accepted. Last year I heard they had to get 14 students from the wait list .
I interviewed late October. I think that they would be conservative with their prematches but tbh, I don't know that side of things. I just hope I get in cause this school's mission and vision matches what I feel being dr is all about.

I interviewed late October. I think that they would be conservative with their prematches but tbh, I don't know that side of things. I just hope I get in cause this school's mission and vision matches what I feel being dr is all about.
Yea I don't know either. When the lady at the interviews said we would all hear back so soon, it was surprising. I felt the same way with their mission. In my interview, they made it sound like they want to train the students they accept to be very caring and close to their patients.

So for those that did prematch, when did you interview?

Crap... so did I. :(
Trust me. Interview date doesn't matter. I'm a reapplicant and I've been interviewed by UTMB and UTHSCSA both in August and didn't get accepted. All we can do is pray now

Trust me. Interview date doesn't matter. I'm a reapplicant and I've been interviewed by UTMB and UTHSCSA both in August and didn't get accepted. All we can do is pray now

That wasn't what I was insinuating. I'm a reapplicant as well. However, if they are sending out decisions sequentially, date would matter. If they aren't, it wouldn't.

So, is anyone calling today to listen to their new answer?

That wasn't what I was insinuating. I'm a reapplicant as well. However, if they are sending out decisions sequentially, date would matter. If they aren't, it wouldn't.
Even so you may be on the wait list. They said it's very hard to get rejected outright. one student that talked to us during the interview said he got off the wait list

I did my calling yesterday so it's somebody else's turn lol

Sorry I keep replying to this thread, but my friend called and they told him within the next few weeks now :eek: I'm really sorry that you guys were told one date and now it's changing nonstop, but I hope this helped!

Sorry I keep replying to this thread, but my friend called and they told him within the next few weeks now :eek: I'm really sorry that you guys were told one date and now it's changing nonstop, but I hope this helped!
Oh well lol. Did they tell him anything else?

Oh well lol. Did they tell him anything else?

I don't think so. I just asked him how his pre-matching was going and that's what he said lol. But maybe if someone else calls they'll say something else?

so my friend just called like less than 20 min ago or so and she said that their decisions are finally ready, the main lady for admissions wasn't there so I'm guessing thats why everything was delayed, also my friend is getting a call back today to hear about her application in case anyone else wants to call

What's the point of calling anymore? It doesn't matter if the email comes today, tomorrow, or next month. You will only drive yourself crazy by hanging around your computer and rechecking your email every 30 seconds! I seriously saw so much of this at the interview with people trying to control and predict things that they can't control. Time to go outside and do something constructive, maybe use your time to volunteer and then you can hope for good karma/blessings to be returned back to you. If I was the assistant at the office I would definitely start to get annoyed with everyone calling so often and asking about pre-matches. The emails are going to come out when they come out. (*I personally would start to ask for the names of people that called me and make a specific note in their file that says this person like to harass the office about information... that's real attractive for medical school admissions!)

so my friend just called like less than 20 min ago or so and she said that their decisions are finally ready, the main lady for admissions wasn't there so I'm guessing thats why everything was delayed, also my friend is getting a call back today to hear about her application in case anyone else wants to call
Well 2 people heard yesterday so I guess they have the rest ready. They will call your friend to let her know if she was accepted or what ?

It wouldn't be harassment if one individual made one single call about applications. Now if they got on this thread and saw everyone taking turns and matched the names... maybe lol. It's not that serious. Anyway, I'm aware I may be on the waitlist but I am looking to decide on a school IS or OOS by March. That's my only concern.

Here's to more waiting! :horns:

What's the point of calling anymore? It doesn't matter if the email comes today, tomorrow, or next month. You will only drive yourself crazy by hanging around your computer and rechecking your email every 30 seconds! I seriously saw so much of this at the interview with people trying to control and predict things that they can't control. Time to go outside and do something constructive, maybe use your time to volunteer and then you can hope for good karma/blessings to be returned back to you. If I was the assistant at the office I would definitely start to get annoyed with everyone calling so often and asking about pre-matches. The emails are going to come out when they come out. (*I personally would start to ask for the names of people that called me and make a specific note in their file that says this person like to harass the office about information... that's real attractive for medical school admissions!)

If other people want to call, that's their right (even if it looks bad or not; and if it does-it's better for you since you aren't calling lol). I think people are tense because a certain date was promised from what I've heard on here. I never understand why people on here get mad about things that don't affect them haha. For example, people have been calling A&M about pre-matching and while I haven't, it doesn't affect my decision or me personally if they call or not. :)

Idk why they told my friend the next few weeks just a little while ago haha. :p

I did my calling yesterday so it's somebody else's turn lol
Calling more will not help them get the emails out, and as you have all seen in the past few days getting multiple conflicting answers from receptionists means that the receptionist doesn't really know the answer. Good luck to all who wait!

Reactions: 3 users
I doubt they would send them out by interview date, probably by when they decided you were going to be one of their 50.

I doubt they would send them out by interview date, probably by when they decided you were going to be one of their 50.
Maybe but they probably have to have it organized somehow.

If you can, please let us know what they tell your friend