2016-2017 University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry dude, UTRGV really dropped the axe today on many of their applicants. I've noticed that some people on this thread will be withdrawing their waitlist status, which means UTRGV will have a smaller group of waitlist applicants to choose from, which should hopefully help our chances.
Damn so they are out??? Like are you sure? But yes at least some people are leaving the wait list so that's good for us

Members don't see this ad.

Its a regular wait-list... If you rank them higher than schools that you end up getting accepted at you will stay on the wait-list until June 1st(i think) at which point they either offer you an acceptance or you go to the second highest school that you matched at. Keep in mind, though that you can come off the wait-list sooner than that.

EDIT: I love Texas!
are you on the wait list too, Kgizzle?:luck:

Did anyone get an email for something other than the waitlist?? So far it looks like the accepted applicants got in on pre-match day and everyone else got waitlist emails today. Is anyone able to disprove this theory?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So just got a II here (third one today, what is happening?!), but going to decline it because I would choose the school I've currently been accepted to over UTRGV. Good luck to everyone, and I hope that someone gets a II, and you all get accepted :)

Reactions: 1 users
Nothing here so far...
Besides I'm sure some people are going to take their name off the wait list of they got accepted somewhere else, so they could add more names to it

For us waitlisted students, from what I read on the 2015-2016 forum, I saw about 4 or 5 SDN folks post a waitlist>acceptance in the late spring after all the match data got settled.

Sent from my SM-G360T using SDN mobile

For us waitlisted students, from what I read on the 2015-2016 forum, I saw about 4 or 5 SDN folks post a waitlist>acceptance in the late spring after all the match data got settled.

Sent from my SM-G360T using SDN mobile
I believe 14 students got accepted from the wait list last year. That's what the lady made it sound like at the interviews

It sounds like all y'all who received the waitlisted emails are IS?

So just got a II here (third one today, what is happening?!), but going to decline it because I would choose the school I've currently been accepted to over UTRGV. Good luck to everyone, and I hope that someone gets a II, and you all get accepted :)
Gimme :). Good luck to you too. Even though you been accepted alrdy. Congrats

Members don't see this ad :)
First pre-II rejection. It's fine, I honestly had kinda forgotten about this school. Good luck to everyone else!!

Reactions: 2 users
First pre-II rejection. It's fine, I honestly had kinda forgotten about this school. Good luck to everyone else!!
Pre-II????? What is that sorry, I'm not familiar with the terms

Do TX schools normally do a pre-II rejection? I thought they're normally done after the match.
Depends on the school. I believe I got one before all interviews were done, but I do not remember the school

So I see that some got pre-II rejected. (Sucks)
I got nothing today. I wonder if this means that they are still considering me for II or that I'm just further down their rejection list.
The uncertainty..

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected pre-II, but uh... I didn't submit a secondary here. Maybe because I logged in to the application a while ago?

I was waitlisted but as this cycle draws closer to May we will see movement. If accepted (as many of us will be I assume), I will decline and hopefully one of you guys will get that seat. I have met a few people along the interview trail that interviewed here and we all prematched at our higher ranked schools but was waitlisted here. The movement off this waitlist will be mind boggling lol If you are waitlisted here I would look at that as an extremely good thing.

I was waitlisted but as this cycle draws closer to May we will see movement. If accepted (as many of us will be I assume), I will decline and hopefully one of you guys will get that seat. I have met a few people along the interview trail that interviewed here and we all prematched at our higher ranked schools but was waitlisted here. The movement off this waitlist will be mind boggling lol If you are waitlisted here I would look at that as an extremely good thing.

You can withdraw your spot from the wait list

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Accepted! Email came at 10 AM today. Good luck, guys and gals!

How? I thought they sent all of them out already

It's possible that more acceptances will come as people continue to drop their acceptances for UTRGV, (Hence the reason for the waitlist)... I expect to see a lot of movement from people that will accept offers at other schools over UTRGV.

It's possible that more acceptances will come as people continue to drop their acceptances for UTRGV, (Hence the reason for the waitlist)... I expect to see a lot of movement from people that will accept offers at other schools over UTRGV.
True but I didn't think they would do it this quickly

You sure it was for UTRGV? lol

"
The Admissions Committee has completed the evaluation of your application. It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been ACCEPTED to the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine, for the Class of 2021 – Congratulations!

Attached please find the “Contingencies for Matriculation”. This document contains links to all the immunizations and requirements for enrollment; please review, sign and return to[email protected] before December 6th. Receipt of the Contingencies Form confirms your acceptance of our offer and will reserve your seat in the Class of 2021; no deposit is required.

As always, if you have any questions and/or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you to the UTRGV family and the Class of 2021!

Happy Thanksgiving,

Betty"

"
The Admissions Committee has completed the evaluation of your application. It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been ACCEPTED to the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine, for the Class of 2021 – Congratulations!

Attached please find the “Contingencies for Matriculation”. This document contains links to all the immunizations and requirements for enrollment; please review, sign and return to[email protected] before December 6th. Receipt of the Contingencies Form confirms your acceptance of our offer and will reserve your seat in the Class of 2021; no deposit is required.

As always, if you have any questions and/or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you to the UTRGV family and the Class of 2021!

Happy Thanksgiving,

Betty"
Congrats!

Congrats!

Thanks! I didn't expect it either. They were my last interview before prematch and it was radio silence from October 28th (my interview) until now. I assume many of their initial prematch offers have dropped.

"

Happy Thanksgiving,

Betty"
Wereyou accepted outright or were you on the wait list first ?

Thanks! I didn't expect it either. They were my last interview before prematch and it was radio silence from October 28th (my interview) until now. I assume many of their initial prematch offers have dropped.
Were you prematched anywhere else?

Were you prematched anywhere else?

I was accepted outright, no waitlist. I also pre-matched at UTHSC San Antonio and Texas A&M HSC. Those were the only 3 I had prior to prematch so I don't anticipate anything else until after January lol

I was accepted outright, no waitlist. I also pre-matched at UTHSC San Antonio and Texas A&M HSC. Those were the only 3 I had prior to prematch so I don't anticipate anything else until after January lol
Congrats! That's pretty good!

Are you going to attend utrgv?

So finally got a post-interview update. Unfortunately, I'm waitlisted (got the email mid-afternoon today), but I am OOS so I wasn't too surprised! Good luck to the rest of you both IS/OOS!