This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Henry Ford last minute invite!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to let everyone know I am withdrawing from the Match (so there is one less person to compete with for spots :p). Last week I was offered an EM position outside of the match (and immediately accepted it). I'm posting this to let others know that if you don't get an EM spot in the match there are still other available positions floating around out there that can be your ticket into the specialty. I didn't match EM last year, and spent the year networking during my TY and it just paid off! Good luck to everyone else in the match this year! I hope no one has to go the route I did to get their dream job, but at the same time know that it is still doable even if you don't match a spot immediately. If anyone ends up needing more details about how to find a spot outside of the match, feel free to PM me in the future. Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Matched EM bc its the only specialty I ranked rolled that dice YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to everyone hope everyone else is having as good a day as I am. Be back friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Matched EM bc its the only specialty I ranked rolled that dice YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to everyone else hope everyone else is having as good a day as I am. Be back friday to let everyone else know where.
Congrats!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everyone else hope everyone else is having as good a day as I am. Be back friday to let everyone else know where.
Hopefully more good news for everyone comes in

Good luck to everyone hope everyone else is having as good a day as I am. Be back friday.

Good on yah, man. Congratulations. I made the "EM or bust" decision (no backups, no prelims, damn the torpedoes) as well as an MS4.

YouWin.png

Good luck everybody have a great match day

Last edited:
Just throwing this out there. While I was going through my process these forums helped me out immensely. Being able to gauge my progress and judge whether I had a shot at EM. I also learned about getting SLOEs and how important away rotations. So if you posted on this thread it would be nice of you post your outcome to help those who are currently coming up in the ranks.

did 4 aways, 8 EM interviews and still didnt match into EM. Good luck to whomever matched into EM.