2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email today that I got pulled off the waitlist. All hope is not lost. Stay positive! I wish everyone good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email today that I got pulled off the waitlist. All hope is not lost. Stay positive! I wish everyone good luck!
Congrats! When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
People have been accepted and rejected, and I am still sitting on the waitlist. At this point, I just want them to reject me if they are going to so that I can move forward with everything for a different school lol I mean lord knows as soon as I sign a lease I am going to hear from Auburn lol

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, so I got an email today stating I am at the top of the waitlist and reminding me of the requirement (payments, vaccines, forms etc.) for admission. I was wondering if anybody knew if you could get a deferral until next year if your accepted this late? Auburn was actually my top pick and I still want to go. But I live 8 hours away and I am unsure if I can come up with $1000 in the 7 days, given I just spent all my saved money on the MCAT and medical applications for next year (including Auburn). I am just trying to figure out how to go about this because I feel like I am flying by the seat of my pants and I don't want to pass up this opportunity.

Hey guys, so I got an email today stating I am at the top of the waitlist and reminding me of the requirement (payments, vaccines, forms etc.) for admission. I was wondering if anybody knew if you could get a deferral until next year if your accepted this late? Auburn was actually my top pick and I still want to go. But I live 8 hours away and I am unsure if I can come up with $1000 in the 7 days, given I just spent all my saved money on the MCAT and medical applications for next year (including Auburn). I am just trying to figure out how to go about this because I feel like I am flying by the seat of my pants and I don't want to pass up this opportunity.
That's exciting! You can definitely defer. But you should wait until you are officially offered a spot in their class, then immediately contact them after the offer (I'd draft an email now if I was you), and let them know you greatly appreciate the offer, are highly interested, but are financially not ready to start classes this summer and that you'd like to defer for the 2020 class. Congrats again!

You could always pay with a credit card, then transfer the balance to a 0% APR for 12 or 18 months card and pay it off monthly. $56 a month over 18 months wouldn't be difficult to pay on a student budget. It would suck to put off matriculating if you're otherwise ready to go.

You can't pay tuition with a credit card... But if you look in loans, you're looking at 5-7.6% compounding interest per day... So, it may not be wise to start a $400,000+ loan if you have the opportunity to defer for a year with guaranteed admission to the next class.

You can't pay tuition with a credit card... But if you look in loans, you're looking at 5-7.6% compounding interest per day... So, it may not be wise to start a $400,000+ loan if you have the opportunity to defer for a year with guaranteed admission to the next class.

Actually,usually you can pay tuition with a credit card. I did it several semester in undergrad to get the bonus points. Whether the OP's credit card has a high enough limit is another story.

The OP wont be able to save up $400,000 in one year to pay for school out of pocket, so why wait? Presumably they will be using federal loans next year too. The only difference is that their giving up a year of $200,000+ attending salary by waiting a year.

Honestly if you can, just borrow the money if you have to - I wouldn’t give up an entire year and essentially a year of physician income to save up the $1500 deposit.

Hey guys! I just got my acceptance today from the waitlist! I am currently needing to find a place to live (I am moving from Indiana). Would anybody know if any current students are looking for roommates? Also any suggestions on loans and payment options for the deposit and living expenses are greatly appreciated!

Also if you are still waiting, don't give up hope. I did and now I am in a bit of a pickle trying to get everything together last minute!

Hey guys! I just got my acceptance today from the waitlist! I am currently needing to find a place to live (I am moving from Indiana). Would anybody know if any current students are looking for roommates? Also any suggestions on loans and payment options for the deposit and living expenses are greatly appreciated!

Also if you are still waiting, don't give up hope. I did and now I am in a bit of a pickle trying to get everything together last minute!

Try joining one of the Auburn ticket exchange or yard sale Facebook groups, people post about housing all of the time. Also check Craigslist. You can get a 1 bedroom apartment for around $500, studio for closer to $400.

Check with First Realty and Auburn Realty, as they are two of the biggest apartment management companies.

Congratulations! Join the Facebook group ASAP! There are still students who are looking for roommates to fill their lease.

Members don't see this ad :)

As CFA said, join the Facebook group, because there are definitely students still looking for roomates. As for the loan options, I’m not totally sure, but I do know that we have orientation on the 15th and loans are disbursed on the 16th.

I’m not totally sure if that helps your predicament, but I wish you the best!

Can any students provide insight into when/how deffered acceptance offers are made? Thanks!

Hey guys, VCOM in clutch this morning with the acceptance offer. I as well as one other person received one.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Im interested to see if I can figure out who is who in person. That will be a fun game to play.

Has anyone from the waitlist been accepted or rejected since class started? Wondering if anyone has heard about deferred acceptances or anything from the school at all?

I have received a notification but I was previously accepted to a different medical school.

Any safe and quiet apartment complexes in Auburn?
I know the evergreens, Greens and fairways are quiet and close to campus. They are also very reasonable 750-900