2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone even got off the waitlist yet?
I don’t think so. I have strong feeling that they’ll wait till May 15-17 to pull from the WL due to yield protection

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Another week of hoping! The minute I get word from Auburn, I can put in my two weeks notice at work and 30 day notice at my apartment!

Gave up my seat here for another program. Best of luck to anyone on the waitlist. I really liked this place when I visited!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ya'll, its getting closer to DO movement day. Anybody receive any word about the waitlist?

I wish It was today lol. I went ahead and paid the deposit to my other school acceptance, but waiting for VCOM's waitlist.

BIG day tomorrow guys (for those still waiting to hear at least)! I am excited to see what tomorrow and the days following brings! Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I heard from my premed advisor that they just started the waitlist process today

Can any students answer questions about the 80% mandatory attendance policy?

I heard from my premed advisor that they just started the waitlist process today
Meaning what? That they are reviewing the waitlisted candidates for selection or sent out acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone comment on good living arrangements in Auburn? Where do people live / what apartments? Good places to check out?

haha did u get accepted already? let us know the good news

A friend of mine was accepted from the waitlist this past week!

ska19. Thanks. Hoping to hear a good news this week.

Another week of high hopes. I’m not worried, as the AMCAS rule changes have slowed everything down this year. VCOM-Auburn usually meets on tuesdays, and sends updates Wednesday’s. Tomorrow may be a big day! Either way, fingers crossed and good luck ladies and gentlemen!

Just a question - has any one heard anything at all? Whether that be WL movement or actual acceptances or when they plan for movement to occur? From a firsthand or relatively reliable source whatsoever?

I am on the wait list for Carolinas, but I know some people who have gotten off the wait list there. Carolinas expects movement in June, so perhaps the same reigns true for Auburn. Were you told you would be reviewed for a guaranteed seat in August?

Just a question - has any one heard anything at all? Whether that be WL movement or actual acceptances or when they plan for movement to occur? From a firsthand or relatively reliable source whatsoever?
I wish, I keep checking this forum every few hours each day of the week to see when someone says they got in

Our Facebook group has a few new faces and they are requesting roommates, so I am guessing they are slowly pulling off the WL. Also, a girl accidentally sent an email to the entire class and told us she was withdrawing her acceptance over the weekend.

If May 15th is commitment day, I wonder why it takes them weeks after to go through the waitlist to fill up the vacant spots when they already have the list ranked... that's what I don't understand

So the class is currently full? I see 184 members on facebook page.

So the class is currently full? I see 184 members on facebook page.
Might not necessarily be the case if there are students from other classes or others in the group.

Ya, that make sense.

I have not gotten any response from admissions regarding waitlist updates.

Does anyone know when is the last possible date we'd be notified for a spot from the waitlist? Trying to figure out whether I should sign another year lease or not...

Does anyone know when is the last possible date we'd be notified for a spot from the waitlist? Trying to figure out whether I should sign another year lease or not...
I was told that they can call you a couple days before orientation so....

Not on my end. At this point, I'd be ecstatic to be considered for next year's class.

Weekly positivity post by me:

Another week of high hopes ladies and gentlemen! The change to the AAMC rules has caused a major slow down / backup of waitlist movement across the board! Don’t give up, guys. Still plenty of time!

Reactions: 3 users
Update, I called the admissions office yesterday and was told: "They have experienced a little bit of movement."

Update, I called the admissions office yesterday and was told: "They have experienced a little bit of movement."
Interesting if nothing else. They said they pulled 40 people outright off the waitlist last year. I wonder if they gave you a generic answer or how many "little bit" actually is.

Hi everyone, I have silently been following this thread for months now. I interviewed on 4/3 and was also waitlisted. I received a phone call today regarding my acceptance. I’d thought I’d let everyone know and to not Lose hope yet!! I hope to see some (if not all) of you in July.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone, I have silently been following this thread for months now. I interviewed on 4/3 and was also waitlisted. I received a phone call today regarding my acceptance. I’d thought I’d let everyone know and to not Lose hope yet!! I hope to see some (if not all) of you in July.
Congratulations!

Interesting if nothing else. They said they pulled 40 people outright off the waitlist last year. I wonder if they gave you a generic answer or how many "little bit" actually is.
40 people is certainly significant for their class size. I wonder how many they have on the WL now!

Also, I have a question. Did you already have DO letter of recommendation prior to getting accepted? I have DO that I work for currently writing mine and I did not know if that would be a deciding factor.

No, I did not send in a DO letter of recommendation. I was actually shadowing a DO today when they gave me a call lol I also had a sub 500 MCAT, so do not get discouraged.

Congrats!!! I look forward to seeing you in July. Be sure to get in the Facebook group and secure a roommate (if you need one), and meet some of the classmates.

Oh btw I sent in a letter of intent on May 13. Idk if that helped me get in, but you guys should try it if you haven’t already.

Do classes start on July 15th? Trying to figure out when is the latest date we'd potentially be pulled off the WL. o_O

Can anyone offer some insight on the 6 300 level credit hours requirement? I need to take one more class to meet that requirement, but I'm working full-time. The community college near me offers evening courses in A&P and microbiology, but they're at the 200 level. Just trying to find a way to meet the requirement while working. I'm applying this cycle but figured people in this thread would be familiar with the rule.

I've already taken:

Chemistry I & II 8 Hrs
Biology I & II 8 Hrs
Physics I & II 8 Hrs
Organic Chemistry I & II 8 Hrs
Biochemistry 4 Hrs

Do classes start on July 15th? Trying to figure out when is the latest date we'd potentially be pulled off the WL. o_O
They still haven’t told me “thank you for applying” yet. Still holding out for that interview lol :bang:

got off the waitlist this morning. did not send thank you cards or an LOI. my stats are 507/3.7 ORM

also not 100% sure if i will be attending so if there are any current students lurking pls send help!!! best of luck to you all. stay strong

• Love
Congratulations on your acceptance! Is VCOM Auburn's WL ranked?

Received an email today from D’Anne that had the undertone that their expected cycle was over with the exception of maybe one or two more unexpected pulls from the waitlist at some point.

With that said, congratulations to all accepted and the one or two who may be pulled from the WL. I am going to sign off this for a while and get ready to attend med school at another program.

Best of luck and best wishes to everyone that made this thread great.

Rogue out.

I’ve been following this thread, so I thought I’d send in an update. I got a call that I was pulled off the waitlist on Tuesday morning. Best of luck to everyone! If this is what you want to do, you’re going to make it happen.

Stats are 500/3.7 GPA. I did not send in thank you emails or LOI

After 8 months of waiting post-interview, VCOM-Auburn finally gives me the R.