2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wanted to check in and see if you had the residency match list available.
I was about to ask the same thing lol. I was hoping VCOM would have the results posted online today.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can agree with the above, I interviewed and did not see any listings of matched residencies; however, there was a map! The Faculty head of EM did state to me during my interview that he had 23/23 of his students that wanted EM match - most to their first choice.

Most importantly, I loved Auburn, and I really pray that this is the place I end up at.

Last edited:
Also, do any current students know when the next committee meeting is? Or can any current student speak on the WL movement before May 15th and WL movement after May15th?

I was told that we were interviewing for the WL, but they moved 41 people in total off of it at the end. Currently, I know students in this thread are already dropping acceptances and others who are not on SDN probably are as well.

Also, did any one who interviewed here get told by one of the deans something along the lines of "...honestly, I hope I see you here in July." And what was the outcome? Or do they tell every interviewee that?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone willing to answer a few questions about the interview?

Anyone willing to answer a few questions about the interview?
I am more than happy to answer questions about the interview. I interviewed 4/3, so I just left. You can PM me if you want.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, i have my interview on Tuesday. any last minute tips?? do i need to take anything with me like resumes?

also what are some good places to eat!!

Hi Guys, i have my interview on Tuesday. any last minute tips?? do i need to take anything with me like resumes?

also what are some good places to eat!!

Hey! I had my interview back in November, so my tips are a little dated. I’m sure some of the other applicants will be a little more helpful, but here goes nothing.

-RELAX... Everything was conversational. One of my interviewers talked about board games for most of my interview (I’m a board game nerd lol).

- They placed all of the students interviewing in a room together. We had a few moments to interact and make friends. I already have a few friends to hangout with/study with before the first day of class.

-As I’ve told some of the others, park in the area they tell you in your email. There was an interviewee that parked in the deans parking spot, and I was mortified for them.

No one in my interview brought resumes (that I could see), and 3/4 of us were accepted. Most of my interviewers had already read my file.

“also what are some good places to eat!!”

These are the questions I like to see!!! What type of food/restaurants do you normally like? I just moved to Auburn, but I have a few friends that will give me good suggestions. Just let me know and I’ll ask tomorrow.

Hey! I had my interview back in November, so my tips are a little dated. I’m sure some of the other applicants will be a little more helpful, but here goes nothing.

-RELAX... Everything was conversational. One of my interviewers talked about board games for most of my interview (I’m a board game nerd lol).

- They placed all of the students interviewing in a room together. We had a few moments to interact and make friends. I already have a few friends to hangout with/study with before the first day of class.

-As I’ve told some of the others, park in the area they tell you in your email. There was an interviewee that parked in the deans parking spot, and I was mortified for them.

No one in my interview brought resumes (that I could see), and 3/4 of us were accepted. Most of my interviewers had already read my file.

These are the questions I like to see!!! What type of food/restaurants do you normally like? I just moved to Auburn, but I have a few friends that will give me good suggestions. Just let me know and I’ll ask tomorrow.
Are we supposed to bring a resume along to our interview?

Thank you so much!!

Regarding the important stuff...food haha, I'm open to any cuisine. I like spicy and flavorful food so mexican, asian, etc. thanks again :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much!!

Regarding the important stuff...food haha, I'm open to any cuisine. I like spicy and flavorful food so mexican, asian, etc. thanks again :)

I’m the absolute worst!!! I asked my friends today what restaurants they enjoy, and I forgot that your interview was today. How did it go?!? I hope it was stress free.

Hey ya'll, just got an interview invite! Anybody else interviewing this late? I am a little nervous since I found out so late.

Hey ya'll, just got an interview invite! Anybody else interviewing this late? I am a little nervous since I found out so late.
Just to let you know we were told in our interview earlier this month that we were interviewing only for the waitlist

How did others prepare for their II's? I'm not finding SDN to be as helpful for preparing for interviews.

How did others prepare for their II's? I'm not finding SDN to be as helpful for preparing for interviews.

Depending on how long you have until your interview, you could purchase Dr. Ryan Grays Medical School interview book. I used that coupled with a few YouTube videos (Kevin Ahern was my main source) and I was well prepared.

Depending on how long you have until your interview, you could purchase Dr. Ryan Grays Medical School interview book. I used that coupled with a few YouTube videos (Kevin Ahern was my main source) and I was well prepared.
Mine is April 17th. Thanks!

Mine is April 17th. Thanks!

Okay! If you are willing to spend around $15 on the book, it may be worth it. I think they have them at Barnes and Noble or Books-A-Million. It helped me a good bit and I asked family members/friends to ask me multiple questions. I can’t tell you what questions they asked during interview day, but I was well prepared after getting grilled by family and friends.

Just turned down my acceptance to go to my dream school. Hopefully one of you can get it!

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you so much!!

Best pizza is definitely Little Italy. I haven't gone to a Mexican restaurant in Auburn that I didn't like, but El Dorado is very good. Can't go wrong at any of the BBQ places around campus either, but my favorites are Moe's and Byron's. New China has good take-out(just don't get it delivered), Pho Lee is a good dine-in place. The Mason Jar and Kitchen 3810 have great southern food. Tacorita for tacos. Lot's of good restaurants in downtown Auburn. If you're looking for a place to hangout and grab beers and sandwiches, Momma Goldberg's for sure. They have $5 pitchers and great food.

Lived in and graduated from Auburn, and applying to VCOM-Auburn this cycle. Now back to biochemistry.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to see these people dropping their acceptances to my top school; because I am!

honestly, i was very nervous when i went to my first interview. but its very relaxed. VCOM was probably the most chill interview i had, despite the 3 separate 30 min interviews. the faculty really just wanted to get to know you and its really straight forward. i didn't prepare for the interview and just had a convo with my interviewer.

honestly, i was very nervous when i went to my first interview. but its very relaxed. VCOM was probably the most chill interview i had, despite the 3 separate 30 min interviews. the faculty really just wanted to get to know you and its really straight forward. i didn't prepare for the interview and just had a convo with my interviewer.
Did they say when the committee meets next?

Are the interviews at 8am or 9am? I'm just making sure as it says 9am CST but we aren't in central time zone. Thanks

Are the interviews at 8am or 9am? I'm just making sure as it says 9am CST but we aren't in central time zone. Thanks
Auburn is in Central Standard Time: therefore it is 9 am CST/10 am EST

Anyone who interview this week, did they comment on when the next time the committee was meeting? I am pretty sure this was the last week of interviews.

Anyone who interview this week, did they comment on when the next time the committee was meeting? I am pretty sure this was the last week of interviews.
They said they weren't sure when they met next.

They said they weren't sure when they met next.
Thanks! According to past dates / threads, they usually do acceptances on the second to last Tuesday of the month, but April 30th is movement day, so they may be waiting for that day. I expect we will hear between 4/25-5/1

Thanks! According to past dates / threads, they usually do acceptances on the second to last Tuesday of the month, but April 30th is movement day, so they may be waiting for that day. I expect we will hear between 4/25-5/1
May 15th is the day all DO students must comit to one school so there will be movement after that as well.

AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines

Interview date 4/3/2019.

Just received:
"Waiting List for acceptance .... know we are extremely interested in your application. We will utilize the Waiting List to fill any seats that become available in our Class of 2023, which will matriculate this July. In the event we do not experience enough movement in the class to proceed with admission for this year, your application will be evaluated regarding guaranteed admission to the Class of 2023. Competitive candidates will receive the opportunity for guaranteed admission to the VCOM-Auburn campus."

I am ecstatic! Best of luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 2 users
Interview date 4/3/2019.

Just received:
"Waiting List for acceptance .... know we are extremely interested in your application. We will utilize the Waiting List to fill any seats that become available in our Class of 2023, which will matriculate this July. In the event we do not experience enough movement in the class to proceed with admission for this year, your application will be evaluated regarding guaranteed admission to the Class of 2023. Competitive candidates will receive the opportunity for guaranteed admission to the VCOM-Auburn campus."

Just know, I am really rooting for you. I hope we all see you in July!!!

Interview date 4/3/2019.

Just received:

I got the same!! I hope we start school this year!!

Reactions: 1 users
Any news this week guys? MD movement day is today/tomorrow. Keep this thread updated! We might hear soon or might not hear until DO movement day (May 15th).

Any news this week guys? MD movement day is today/tomorrow. Keep this thread updated! We might hear soon or might not hear until DO movement day (May 15th).
fingers crossed a lot of accepted students are going MD haha

fingers crossed a lot of accepted students are going MD haha
Fingers triple crossed that they hold more than 2 acceptances at MD or DO schools, and choose those; a fistful of fingers crossed that they choose us from the WL when that time comes lol

Fingers triple crossed that they hold more than 2 acceptances at MD or DO schools, and choose those; a fistful of fingers crossed that they choose us from the WL when that time comes lol
It's weird that I could be starting school again in July when I have finals next week. Or I take a year off and reapply haha

It's weird that I could be starting school again in July when I have finals next week. Or I take a year off and reapply haha

It is so nerve wrecking having the uncertainty of the waitlist email, sounds so promising yet who knows. I have been out of undergrad 2 years now and am just so ready to get back at it.

It is so nerve wrecking having the uncertainty of the waitlist email, sounds so promising yet who knows. I have been out of undergrad 2 years now and am just so ready to get back at it.
They do seem very confident they'll have a lot of students drop to hand out so many waitlist emails

They do seem very confident they'll have a lot of students drop to hand out so many waitlist emails
That is not exactly how it works; they want more people on the WL than they could ever pull off; either way, stay confident.