2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just curious, but anyone submit their secondary in early July still waiting for a complete email? I got the “we’ve received your secondary” email 7/5. But nothing since then.

Reactions: 3 users
Just curious, but anyone submit their secondary in early July still waiting for a complete email? I got the “we’ve received your secondary” email 7/5. But nothing since then.

Yes, this school seems extremely late for everything...

Members don't see this ad :)

I got that email in late June. Got the complete email this week.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my secondary during the first week of July and just got the complete email in my junk folder, even though all my other communication from them went straight to my inbox... Just another reminder to always check your spam folders!

Recieved a phone call this morning with an interview invite!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops sorry guys just realized I posted this in the Virginia thread but meant to post in the Carolinas threado_O

Submitted the secondary on 7/20 and just got a complete email yesterday 8/17

Hey guys/gals, how long are your responses coming out to be for each of the prompts. For the volunteer-service activity prompt, I'm having trouble even getting close to the 500 word maximum as it was something I focused on in my PS.

Should I call if I submitted ~8 weeks ago but haven't gotten the complete email yet? (My letters were submitted with AACOMAS in early June before I even received the secondary)

Should I call if I submitted ~8 weeks ago but haven't gotten the complete email yet? (My letters were submitted with AACOMAS in early June before I even received the secondary)
Did you ever get an e-mail saying that your secondary application was received?

Yeah, I got 2 which I thought was weird but the first was 6/24
Then I'd say give them a call and politely ask. The delay might be that they are busy with orientations and first week of classes.

Just got an interview! Haven't received a call or email from them yet, but my portal has updated with an interview tab. Super stoked for this one as I love Blacksburg and the doctor I shadow is an alumni there.

Just got an interview! Haven't received a call or email from them yet, but my portal has updated with an interview tab. Super stoked for this one as I love Blacksburg and the doctor I shadow is an alumni there.

Did you receive a complete email prior to having your portal updated with the Interview? Congrats btw!

II via phone! Complete 8/17.
3.5, 513, IS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So how long on average does it take for the portal to say complete after you submit the secondary? It's been 3 weeks since I submitted mine. I didn't get an email saying my secondary application was received as well.

Secondary received by VCOM 7/9/18 but not complete e-mail yet. I sent an e-mail wondering about a "complete" update 3 weeks ago but they just said they are getting to it and have a high volume etc. Cause for worry? All my LOR's are checked green on my portal.

Secondary received by VCOM 7/9/18 but not complete e-mail yet. I sent an e-mail wondering about a "complete" update 3 weeks ago but they just said they are getting to it and have a high volume etc. Cause for worry? All my LOR's are checked green on my portal.

I’m in the same boat and got the same message when I emailed them, I guess it’s just a waiting game as usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in the same boat and got the same message when I emailed them, I guess it’s just a waiting game as usual
I'm in the same situation too. I just think it is odd that it is only taking a couple weeks for some people to be marked as complete, even those who submitted later, wheres its taking months for others

Reactions: 2 users
Finally got my complete email. I submitted secondary on 7/9 so its been a long wait.

Reactions: 1 users
Got my secondary yesterday and submitted today. Seems like its taking a while for others to hear back, but fingers crossed.

I am trying to access my secondary by resetting my password as instructed in the secondary email invite, but I keep getting an error message. Anyone else have the same issue, if so, how did you resolve it?

Is anyone else having issues submitting the secondary? Every time I go to login I receive an error message and I don't know why. Any help would be appreciated.
I received my secondary invite this a.m. and I am having the same issue. How did you resolve it?

I am trying to access my secondary by resetting my password as instructed in the secondary email invite, but I keep getting an error message. Anyone else have the same issue, if so, how did you resolve it?

I received my secondary invite this a.m. and I am having the same issue. How did you resolve it?

It took around 24-28 hrs after receiving my secondary before I could log in. It's stated in the email that it can take some time before you can access the application :)

Reactions: 1 users
What error message are you receiving? I had one that said I needed to put a date for my work experience even though I didnt fill that part out. I emailed VCOM and they said to just put a date in the field. Not sure if this is the same error message as yours though

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

What error message are you receiving? I had one that said I needed to put a date for my work experience even though I didnt fill that part out. I emailed VCOM and they said to just put a date in the field. Not sure if this is the same error message as yours though

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile
I am receiving an error message on the login screen where I am supposed to change my password before I can move to the next step and access my secondary.

Anyone had their interview yet and have any advice on what to expect?