2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
finally received the complete email after 1.5 months of submitting the secondary lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Finally got my complete email! Submitted Secondary 8/24. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to receive an II after receiving the complete email?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my primary on 8/14 but still haven’t received a secondary... do they screen or should I call? I am waiting on MCAT retake which will be released on Tuesday. Figure if I don’t hear from them by then I’ll be calling no matter what after score is released!

I submitted my primary on 8/14 but still haven’t received a secondary... do they screen or should I call? I am waiting on MCAT retake which will be released on Tuesday. Figure if I don’t hear from them by then I’ll be calling no matter what after score is released!

From my understanding when I talked to them is that they screen for secondaries. I would call or email them just to follow up. All of admissions is super nice!

how come some people are receiving their complete email a lot faster than others?

Reactions: 1 user
how come some people are receiving their complete email a lot faster than others?
I’m wondering that also. I submitted my secondary on 8/13 and still haven’t recieved a complete email

Congrats! When were you complete? Also was this Thursday the only option you had to interview?

Thank you! :) There were several open interview opportunities, but this one was the first available. I showed complete the end of last week. Thursday or Friday, and got the call this Tuesday.

The interview was great. Everyone there was so very nice, and it was a very relaxed, conversational atmosphere.

Thank you! :) There were several open interview opportunities, but this one was the first available. I showed complete the end of last week. Thursday or Friday, and got the call this Tuesday.

The interview was great. Everyone there was so very nice, and it was a very relaxed, conversational atmosphere.
Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats and any tips for the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats and any tips for the interview?

Thank you! :) GPAc 3.98 GPAs 4.0, MCAT I'm not quite happy with enough to share. LOL

For the interview, seriously just don't be nervous. Go in, have fun, answer the questions and just talk. The actual interviews didn't take all that long, but we had lunch and a nice tour around Blacksburg afterwards.

Thank you! :) GPAc 3.98 GPAs 4.0, MCAT I'm not quite happy with enough to share. LOL

For the interview, seriously just don't be nervous. Go in, have fun, answer the questions and just talk. The actual interviews didn't take all that long, but we had lunch and a nice tour around Blacksburg afterwards.

How long would you say it was, was it with multiple faculty members?

How long would you say it was, was it with multiple faculty members?

It was with multiple faculty members and probably 3ish hours, including a tour and financial aid talk. It was like half an hour with each interviewer.

Last edited:
II today via phone call!!!

Reactions: 2 users
That was a fast turnaround time. Are you IS? Also, if you don't mind me asking do you have above avg. stats? Just wondering since your II was so soon after secondary completion. I got an email verifying secondary app completed today.

That was a fast turnaround time. Are you IS? Also, if you don't mind me asking do you have above avg. stats? Just wondering since your II was so soon after secondary completion. I got an email verifying secondary app completed today.
I’m OOS and my cGPA was a 3.95, sGPA 3.8, and my MCAT was a 504!

Did anyone has the portal update with complete or do u just get the email. I just got the email but nothing updated on the portal. Should I contact them?

Finished my application on 8/14 and still haven't received a complete email :(

I wanted to pass along a heads up to everyone that may be traveling to the area soon. Hurricane Florence has intensified to a category 4. Carolinas on up through New England are in the path.

You may want to confirm with your schools what their policies are regarding these. I had a last minute cancellation last year (business trip) because of that huge hurricane that hit Florida. Had less than a weeks notice for that decision.

I know it’s added stress but I’d rather know a protocol beforehand than last minute.

Be safe everyone and good luck in your interviews!

Reactions: 2 users
^agreed, do y’all think the hurricane will affect the rate of interview invites being sent out since this will prolly cause a delay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^agreed, do y’all think the hurricane will affect the rate of interview invites being sent out since this will prolly cause a delay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My interview here is coming up. I'm going to reach out to them to see if the storm will be an issue. I heard that area is expected to get over 20 inches of rain.

My interview here is coming up. I'm going to reach out to them to see if the storm will be an issue. I heard that area is expected to get over 20 inches of rain.

Double check with them. It sounds like there’s still a small chance it could reach cat 5 but it is projected to linger over land longer which means even more rain.

Be careful. Hope it works out okay for you.

As far as invites and such, I imagine they would operate like normal unless evacuated or the school was closed for a period of time.

VCOM Carolinas just gave us the comlex scores for VCOM's 3 campuses. This is not anywhere online so I am posting I them here. If you read my other posts, you will see some of the many problems present at VCOM. These are only growing problems so be aware before applying here, especially VCOM Carolina.

Here are the basic COMSAE phase 1 scores, there is a lot more information for anyone who would like it:

2019 1st attempt pass rate (score above 480)
VCOM CC - 75%
VCOM VC - 88%
VCOM AC - 68%

2020 1st attempt pass rate (score above 480)
VCOM CC - 62%
VCOM VC - 80%
VCOM AC - 72%

As you can see COMSAE passing scores have gone DOWN since last year, a very big RED FLAG. Auburn's have gone up. The schools step 1 scores are under the average national comlex score. There are many other break downs available for anyone that would like it.

What is the best airport to fly into for an interview in Blacksburg? I see there are lots of smaller airports near Blacksburg. Any recommendations are very appreciated!

VCOM Carolinas just gave us the comlex scores for VCOM's 3 campuses. This is not anywhere online so I am posting I them here. If you read my other posts, you will see some of the many problems present at VCOM. These are only growing problems so be aware before applying here, especially VCOM Carolina.

Here are the basic COMSAE phase 1 scores, there is a lot more information for anyone who would like it:

VCOM CC - 75%
VCOM VC - 88%
VCOM AC - 68%

VCOM CC - 62%
VCOM VC - 80%
VCOM AC - 72%

As you can see COMSAE passing scores have gone DOWN since last year, a very big RED FLAG. Auburn's have gone up. The schools step 1 scores are under the average national comlex score. There are many other break downs available for anyone that would like it.

Wait I’m confused what is COMSAE? Based on looking it up it looks like a practice exam for COMLEX, none of the schools I’ve interviewed at gave the COMSAE score. What are the COMLEX pass rates, I think those pass rates would be a better indication. Also I’m confused on what you said about step 1 scores being below National COMLEX scores? I was under the impression that those are two separate tests so you can’t compare the averages.

Does anyone know VCOM's acceptance rate post-interview?

VCOM CC - 75%
VCOM VC - 88%
VCOM AC - 68%

VCOM CC - 62%
VCOM VC - 80%
VCOM AC - 72%

They post their stats online. They have a high complex pass rate on the 1st attempt. https://www.vcom.edu/handbooks/outcomes/files/assets/common/downloads/VCOM Outcomes Report.pdf

Late to the party but my application was verified yesterday and got invitation for secondary today!!

Really excited by this school, hope my turnaround time is quicker since I applied later

Did you guys use all 500 words to answer the secondary essay questions? My responses are shorter and I'm worried it could make it look like I'm not putting enough effort in

Did you guys use all 500 words to answer the secondary essay questions? My responses are shorter and I'm worried it could make it look like I'm not putting enough effort in
No, I didn't. I just made sure they were clear and concise, and to the best of my ability answered the question. :)

For references, did everyone have one from a pre-health committee, academic advisor, or science faculty member? I'm a little nervous because I have two references from DO's already turned into AACOMAS, and now the secondary application is asking me for info for the second reference from someone stated above. How important do you think it is to have exactly these recommendations? Should I call the admissions office?

For references, did everyone have one from a pre-health committee, academic advisor, or science faculty member? I'm a little nervous because I have two references from DO's already turned into AACOMAS, and now the secondary application is asking me for info for the second reference from someone stated above. How important do you think it is to have exactly these recommendations? Should I call the admissions office?

Hey there! I think most schools require a letter from a science professor or committee. I also believe that you can just enter the reference that you already have on AACOMAS. They will pull and match it from there. At lease that is what I did..

I'm scheduled to interview next Tuesday. How great of a chance is there that they will cancel due to the hurricane?

Hi! According to the VCOM "How to Apply" website (https://www.vcom.edu/admissions/how-apply) It is a requirement. But, there is mention of providing within 30 days after acceptance. I'm not sure if this applies to the pre-health advisor or not as it is listed under the MD if you can't find a DO section. In my case, no pre-health committee existed, but my pre-health advisor sent the letter. I think I would call Lisa - the admissions coordinator and get her take. It's always good to become known anyway. :)

I hope this helps.

Have there been any acceptances here yet? If so, when did you interview and when did you hear back?

Have there been any acceptances here yet? If so, when did you interview and when did you hear back?
I interviewed on Sept 6, but so far I don't think any acceptances have been offered. Something was said about the committee meeting three weeks later, so the week of the 24th, I think.