2018-2019 Nova Southeastern School of Allopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When is the last interview date?

Last I heard was last Friday that there were 2 (or maybe it was 3) interview sessions left

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected today pre-II. LM 70, complete mid July. No damage, y'all. Cheers!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected, but honestly forgot this school existed so not heartbroken lmao

Reactions: 1 user
Complete 7/9, rejected 2/20. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Well...at least I didn't get rejected. I was the first interview group and I've heard absolute silence.

This school is new, the accidentally over admitted their first class and the admissions process got shaken up nationwide. Don’t read too much into it. They are being conservative with acceptances and rejections I’m sure because this cycle is unpredictable.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from the february 1st interview day

Hey guys, I will be withdrawing my acceptance and I really hope my seat goes to one of you! Does anyone know how to withdraw it? like is there a portal somewhere or do I have to email admissions?

Hey guys, I will be withdrawing my acceptance and I really hope my seat goes to one of you! Does anyone know how to withdraw it? like is there a portal somewhere or do I have to email admissions?
Email them. You may need to do it in writing, but I am sure they will tell you. Much appreciated.

Got the cold rejection.. :( that stings a little since everyone usually gets waitlisted lol

Accepted, interviewed 2/1. First MD acceptance

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone hear anything about scholarships yet ?
Nothing here. Looks like the first scholarship reported on last years thread was recieved on 3/23, so hopefully we’ll hear soon!

Anyone know when second look is? I'm on waitlist but would want to keep the day free in case

I got an email that said i was awarded financial aid but it doesnt say anything about scholarschips, it says the direct unsub loans and then "federal work study"? is the federal work study the scholarschip?

I got an email that said i was awarded financial aid but it doesnt say anything about scholarschips, it says the direct unsub loans and then "federal work study"? is the federal work study the scholarschip?

Nah that's the potential amount you could make by working a job through the university to make extra $. Scholarships are separate from that and will give you actual money up front to cover part or all of your tuition. On that note... anyone know anything about the feasibility of doing work study in med school?

Nah that's the potential amount you could make by working a job through the university to make extra $. Scholarships are separate from that and will give you actual money up front to cover part or all of your tuition. On that note... anyone know anything about the feasibility of doing work study in med school?

In terms of work study I wouldn't hold my breath and count on that as a solid thing. Med school is full time and you have to also remember that step is taken earlier here.

And even if you could, I don't think your time would be worth it. Once you're in, it's about getting competitive for applying for residency. The amount of money you could earn with regular work study wouldn't be worth it in my opinion in giving up the time for things that would make me competitive aka research, or for things that would give me a break aka for my sanity. The financial ideal would probably be getting significant scholarships and research stipend but that's not so easily come across.

i would really like to get some insight on what people think about this school, do you think it is a quality program that will allow students to match decently competitive? I know they havent had a class even take step yet so it is very difficult to gage but im just wondering if there is any data at all out there to speak about the quality of this program?

Hi sorry to drop in, but does anyone know if Nova yield protects for in state? Specifically lowerish GPA (3.5-3.6) but very high MCAT (520)?

Hi sorry to drop in, but does anyone know if Nova yield protects for in state? Specifically lowerish GPA (3.5-3.6) but very high MCAT (520)?

I have similar stats OOS and I got an II.

anyone going to second look?

Accepted off waitlist on Friday via email.

Reactions: 6 users