2019-2020 Nova Southeastern (Allopathic)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my acceptance. Doesn’t feel right for my family at this time. Hope it goes to one of you guys! There is still hope!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know what date last year they started un-rejecting people and accepting them?

Reactions: 1 user
i believe it was very close to around the time of the first day of class, whenever that is

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what date last year they started un-rejecting people and accepting them?

Wow this is the first time I am hearing about this! I truly hope that the same thing can happen this year!
As someone currently on the alternate list this has definitely helped me with anxiety. Apparently last year it was around mid-June that previously rejected applicants started getting accepted.

ALERT!!!! 44 -> 43 !!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
That won’t happen this year. They haven’t even rejected anyone right? Also I believe they interviewed more applicants. Makes sense that they would take precautions so that doesn’t happen again.

I thought they only interviewed around 380 applicants this year.

@No.One the dean told us on my interview date a number , it was ~380 if I remember

Reactions: 1 users
The only reason they did that was because they rejected too many applicants post interview. This year it seems unlikely with no one being rejected yet as far as I know

Are there 52 students in the current M1 Class? Also do we know how many people were on the waitlist last year(before they started un-rejecting ppl)?

Are there 52 students in the current M1 Class? Also do we know how many people were on the waitlist last year(before they started un-rejecting ppl)?

I would hope 0 lol. That would be pretty awful to accept people you rejected before accepting of the WL

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
How many were WL'd right after the interview?
Bro you need to chill. If you’re meant to go here, you will get in and go here. Asking a million questions on here and trying to figure out where you stand is a waste of time

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
I'm clarifying my previous question since the guy who answered seemed confused...

Bro you need to chill. If you’re meant to go here, you will get in and go here. Asking a million questions on here and trying to figure out where you stand is a waste of time
What an unproductive thing to say to an anxious applicant with so much on the line. Why don’t YOU just not worry about it? Anyone who is freaking out and holding on to hope with both hands even though it’s grim right now can totally DM me and vent/ask as many questions as you require. We’re still in this together.

Reactions: 7 users
We’re all anxious and figuring it out
He should contact admissions not random people who have no idea what’s happening online

We don’t need to imagine further since I’ve already been accepted to multiple places. Good luck to you!

• Haha
They either just added 5 students to the FB page or 5 people got good news!

They either just added 5 students to the FB page or 5 people got good news!
not tryna spread false hope but they are most probably upperclassmen

They had "2 new posts today" earlier today
In addition to their newly added 5 members, 5 new post were also quickly made, totaling "7 new posts today"
my conclusion, its upper classmen and they are introducing themselves by posting
stay up fam

Reactions: 4 users
58 members.
1591385252755.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Can any accepted students confirm what the CTE deadline is?

Hi! I withdrew my acceptance today, hope my spot goes to one of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know how many applications there were for this school this cycle?

Any thoughts on Nova MD vs FIU vs FAU?
FAU and Nova MD both have PBL, but FAU has been around longer and you can see the match rates

FIU has also been around as well, traditional lectures instead of PBL, AND i hear from current students they take their boards after M3 year, instead of after M2 year...:annoyed: which gives them an unfair advantage but whatever, they arent the only school doing that.

Both FAU and FIU tuition are HALF of Nova MD.

• Wow
So, random questions here, but does the secondary essay for 19-20 include spaces in the character count? Trying to pre-write what I can early for the 20-21 cycle and want to know how much room I have to work with.

So, random questions here, but does the secondary essay for 19-20 include spaces in the character count? Trying to pre-write what I can early for the 20-21 cycle and want to know how much room I have to work with.

Yes. You should assume the secondaries from all schools count spaces as characters. I think I only had one school that didn't.

Considering today is the CTE deadline, are we thinking there might be movement this week?

Does anyone know if the CTE deadline was June 15th last year too or when it was, if not?

Can confirm as an accepted and matriculating student that the CTE deadline was June 15

Reactions: 4 users
So...no one has heard anything? I thought we would see some movement this week...

Hey guys, I called the admissions office today and they informed me that us waitlisted students will be receiving either an acceptance or rejection by the end of next week.

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Thanks so much for the info.
Hey guys, I called the admissions office today and they informed me that us waitlisted students will be receiving either an acceptance or rejection by the end of next week.

So wheres my R tho

Reactions: 3 users
lol so I already reapplied (MD and DO this time), and I get a call from Ft Lauderdale yesterday. I answer nervously, and the guy says he's from Nova Southeastern and has me verify my identity. My suspense builds. "Do I have to cancel all of my plans for this year and get ready to move to Florida???" No..... He then says he's calling from the DO program and just wanted to confirm that they received my secondary :arghh:.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Supposedly we’re supposed to hear back by the end of the week: tomorrow’s the last business day this week, so hopefully tomorrow will be the day. I wonder if they’re going to be open on Friday (observed Independence Day) still?

Either way, best of luck to those of us still in the running!

• Love
With all of y'all still with the belief that it's not over until it's over!!!! BUT did want to second Achnologiast that all the A's have been given out ~so far~, according to Jamie when I emailed her. She said there still can be some movement up until the first day of classes, but that they officially filled all the seats.