2022-2023 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have interviewed, was your MMI experience similar to other schools? Closed file/ multiple people interviewing different questions?
Yes

Members don't see this ad.

For those who have interviewed, was your MMI experience similar to other schools? Closed file/ multiple people interviewing different questions?
yep v standard MMI experience!

Did any of the accepted students receive the financial package?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any of the accepted students receive the financial package?
Yes, just loans. I had to log into the sharklink portal to see them. They said they will give scholarships after the cycle closes

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, just loans. I had to log into the sharklink portal to see them. They said they will give scholarships after the cycle closes
When did you get accepted? and when did you receive the loan info?

When did you get accepted? and when did you receive the loan info?
I was accepted a while ago, back in October maybe? Just yesterday I received it after emailing finaid office, they told me I was technically awarded the loans in March, but I had to fill out some weird title XI form to get the awarded. The form was located somewhere else not on the portal. I googled NSU Financial Aid Title XI form and had to log in with my sharklink info. then after I filled out the form, I emailed the financial aid office, told him I filled it out and ask them where I was able to access my financial aid, they told me on the sharklink portal. It was honestly quite complicated to figure out and the financial aid office was not super helpful.

hey everyone! I was accepted back in jan and wanted to come on here to say hi and ask some questions!
I've heard different rumors about lectures being mandatory vs. not and having to wear business casual when attending classes... does anyone know the truth to either of those things?!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted a while ago, back in October maybe? Just yesterday I received it after emailing finaid office, they told me I was technically awarded the loans in March, but I had to fill out some weird title XI form to get the awarded. The form was located somewhere else not on the portal. I googled NSU Financial Aid Title XI form and had to log in with my sharklink info. then after I filled out the form, I emailed the financial aid office, told him I filled it out and ask them where I was able to access my financial aid, they told me on the sharklink portal. It was honestly quite complicated to figure out and the financial aid office was not super helpful
I got some information back in Feb asking me to submit my FAFSA but haven't heard anything since regarding fincincial aid. I also haven't received any info regarding logging into a sharklink portal. Any other accepted students experienced that too? Excited for the second look day though if the airports aren't still flooded😅

Recently withdrew my application/acceptance! Best of luck to the many deserving applicants on the waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone who interviewed on Match 24th know when we will hear back?

hey everyone! I was accepted back in jan and wanted to come on here to say hi and ask some questions!
I've heard different rumors about lectures being mandatory vs. not and having to wear business casual when attending classes... does anyone know the truth to either of those things?!
Hi, I spoke to current students and they said lectures are not mandatory but group sessions such as PBL and TBL are mandatory which are held everyday at 10am during the first year. Business casual is required to attend class

Hi! Any students here who will begin the NSU MD program this year (Class of 2027)? The school doesn’t have any social media and I couldn’t make the second look event so I wanted to reach out to potential classmates.

There’s a newly formed groupme from all the students that attended second look if you want to join.

You're invited to my new group 'Nsu MD 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
If you don’t mind, could you let me know about how many students attended Second look?

For the accepted people, did you have to submit a deposit to secure your seat?

Haven't even heard back from my March interview and it's May 😭😭

Reactions: 1 users
WL earlier today. Interviewed March 24th. How's the WL movement here?

is everyone in the group me committed to NSU? just curious. this is my only WL and I’m dying rn 🫶

Withdrawing from WL here. Good luck to you guys and hopefully you get some acceptance emails 🙏