You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***2018-2019 Official AMCAS Verification Thread***
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
@Lucca do you know???So I have a question now. Do applications get transmitted to schools in the order that they were verified? Like will a med school get a 6/1 person’s primary and send them a secondary before they get my 6/6 application? Or are we all in one pile that they send out all at once? I think I was under the assumption that today (being the day primaries first can get transmitted) I would wake up with a bunch of secondaries from schools who don’t screen, but I have nothing so far. Thanks for the help!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you're friend apply for any Early Decision Programs? It may have been because of that.A friend of mine submitted on 6/14 and got verified today.
@Lucca do you know???
I don’t know. I do know that each school’s process will vary. I also know that as secondaries started going out yesterday basically loads of people received them at once, so that’s a clue that it’s not strictly chronological at schools that don’t screen.
hopefulCAdoc
Full Member
Same! I was expecting to be verified by next week. Not complaining though.Submitted 6/8 12:38 PM EST
Verified 6/30 1:29 PM EST
Not sure how/why my AMCAS was verified on the weekend
Submitted 6/8 at 0928 PST
Verified 6/30 0955 PST
D
deleted787552
How do people know what time they submitted? Does it only tell you after you've been verified? Mine just says 6/8 but I'm still ready for review
EDIT- nevermind, it tells you on the pdf version of your app. I'm 6/8 at 4:05 pm
EDIT- nevermind, it tells you on the pdf version of your app. I'm 6/8 at 4:05 pm
Submitted: 6/8 4:39 PM EST
Verified: 7/2 12:27 PM EST
3 transcripts
Verified: 7/2 12:27 PM EST
3 transcripts
D
deleted787552
Hell yes! Finally verified!!
Submitted- 06/08/2018 04:05 PM central
Verified- 07/02/2018 04:39 PM
Submitted- 06/08/2018 04:05 PM central
Verified- 07/02/2018 04:39 PM
When you'd submit?I'm starting to think my verifier forgot about my application 😛
I submitted 6/17 so I've got a ways to go

6/7, I've been "under review" since first thing Friday morning.When you'd submit?
I submitted 6/17 so I've got a ways to go![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Testing a theory: is your school on a semester system or quarter system?@Sagebrush Lol maybe you're from my school bc multiple people from this school are in the same position (personally, I submitted around 2 am 6/8 and been under verification since late Friday afternoon) as you and still on "under verification" because of what I think was an AMCAS issue with my school's transcripts (for some reason, there's been a ton of issues with our transcripts with amcas the past month and a half on both ends...)
Damn, I'm on a quarter system. I was starting to wonder if it was just taking them extra time to convert everything into semester hours, but you blew that theory! 😛semester
Btw, ordered 2 transcripts (1 to amcas, 1 to myself) in late May from my school and another from somewhere I took classes in hs. The transcript for myself was sent to me that night and I got a verification from my school that it was sent to me. Amcas sent me an email verifying they got it 2 days later and updated my amcas app to "received." My school never sent me verifications saying they sent my transcript to amcas until ~10 days later (all the premeds had that issue for some reason so we all knew it was a thing). I finally get verification by email from my school it was sent, Amcas updates my app with "received for that school" in early june.
Then, today, multiple people from my school get emails from our school saying the transcript was finally delivered and an email from amcas saying they received our transcripts (weird bc our apps marked it as "received" a month ago. For the other school's transcript i sent at the same time, I got that email verification from amcas over a month ago.
Submitted: 06/08/2018 at 8:00 PM EST
Verified: 07/02/2018 at 10:00 PM EST
I wonder who was working late last night! 😴
Verified: 07/02/2018 at 10:00 PM EST
I wonder who was working late last night! 😴
Yay verified!
Submitted 06/08/18, 09:39pm
Verified 07/03/18, 09:26am
(And submitted the form)
Submitted 06/08/18, 09:39pm
Verified 07/03/18, 09:26am
(And submitted the form)
The post office lost one of my transcripts that were mailed which set me back big time. Had to have the other one rushed and pay an extra $30 just to get it there ASAP. I wasn't marked as received until the 21st when I should already have been verified. At this rate I won't be verified until August lol
it really depends. I would say mid to late July.
Yeah, I'm thinking probably late July, right when I take my MCAT. Just got to stay focused on my MCAT and hopefully score well. Thanks
jebman8250
Full Member
Yeah, I'm thinking probably late July, right when I take my MCAT. Just got to stay focused on my MCAT and hopefully score well. Thanks
Just so you know, if you are taking the MCAT in late July and getting your score back in late August, most (all?) schools will not review your application until it is complete, MCAT score and all. So really your verification time won't matter since your application will be waiting on the MCAT score.
So don't worry about the verification time and just keep at it with the MCAT prep like you said. Good luck!
At this rate, us June 10th-ers won't be getting verified until Friday or Monday 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted 6-9 @ 6:49 pm EST
Verified 7-3 @ 9:11 pm EST
3 transcripts
Can't wait to drown in a sea of secondaries
Verified 7-3 @ 9:11 pm EST
3 transcripts
Can't wait to drown in a sea of secondaries
Instead of making the "date of submission" as the start date, make the start date when it says "ready for review". Because some people might submit for ex. on June 1. but their transcripts sent in by june 7. and so their line in queue starts later than when they might report, skewing the data.
So my application was placed on hold due to a missing military transcript although the AMCAS application guide really mis-worded this making me believe that it was not needed in my case. I have emailed them requesting they update their information, but when I spoke with someone on the phone, they said I will be placed in a special queue for people that are in a hold status.
Has anyone had this happen and is there really a special queue or will I be waiting with the same people that submit the same day my transcript gets in? Essentially, once my transcript is received, will it be another 4-6 weeks until my application is reviewed again?
Has anyone had this happen and is there really a special queue or will I be waiting with the same people that submit the same day my transcript gets in? Essentially, once my transcript is received, will it be another 4-6 weeks until my application is reviewed again?
Submitted 6/21. Really anxious as I think I'm too late this cycle. 🙁
Submitted June 10 at 12:10 AM (so one of the first for this day)
Verified July 5 at 11:30 am.
Good luck everyone!~
i submitted 6/11 and was wondering when the 6/10'ers would start getting verified. Thanks for this, hopefully i get verified soon so i can stop refreshing the site. 😛
You're not too late, don't worry (especially now as there's nothing you can do... try to move on 😎). If your secondaries + LORs are in by labor day, the wise SDN moderators say you are on a good timeline.Submitted 6/21. Really anxious as I think I'm too late this cycle. 🙁
8
866983
Submitted 6/10 at 12:00 p.m. ET
Verified July 5th 2:17 p.m. ET
Verified July 5th 2:17 p.m. ET
Submitted 6/10 at 8:13 P.M. PST
Verified July 5th at 2:21 P.M. PST
2 transcripts
Verified July 5th at 2:21 P.M. PST
2 transcripts
Last edited:
Submitted 6/21. Really anxious as I think I'm too late this cycle. 🙁
Don’t worry, you’re fine. You’ve plenty of time to pre-write! It’s hard to find the motivation but it will help you in the long run
jebman8250
Full Member
Submitted 6/10 at 6:41 p.m. ET
Verified 7/5 at 4:28 p.m. ET
3 Transcripts
Verified 7/5 at 4:28 p.m. ET
3 Transcripts
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Instead of making the "date of submission" as the start date, make the start date when it says "ready for review". Because some people might submit for ex. on June 1. but their transcripts sent in by june 7. and so their line in queue starts later than when they might report, skewing the data.
legit criticism but I'm suspect of changing the way I collect data this late in the game (n~200 already). I'll make a note of this for the future. I also think I should've included a question about applying Early Decision, which I forgot about entirely, because that seems to be definitely making a difference
jebman8250
Full Member
legit criticism but I'm suspect of changing the way I collect data this late in the game (n~200 already). I'll make a note of this for the future. I also think I should've included a question about applying Early Decision, which I forgot about entirely, because that seems to be definitely making a difference
I think for the most part people understand that submitted really means ready to review. There might be a few outliers, but for the most part the graph seems accurate and I wouldn't discount its value at all. Also, I think most people have their transcripts in prior to submitting which would make submitted date correct.
Submitted/Complete: June 10th, midnight
Verified: July 6th, 9:34 AM
do you know how long you were under review
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 5K