***2018-2019 Official AMCAS Verification Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Submitted: 06/11/2018 10:25 AM

Verified: 07/06/2018 01:03 PM

Members don't see this ad.

ready for review: 6/11/18 0851
verified: 7/6/18 1132
6 transcripts

Once your application gets verified, does it get automatically transmitted to the schools you listed in your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Once your application gets verified, does it get automatically transmitted to the schools you listed in your application?

Yeah, you don't need to do anything else on your end for it to get transferred other than prepare yourself for the wave of secondaries.

Yeah, you don't need to do anything else on your end for it to get transferred other than prepare yourself for the wave of secondaries.

What's the latest you should finish ALL secondaries by as a general guideline? I won't be getting my MCAT score till August 23rd, but when I finish the test in July, I'm going to write secondaries for all my Low-tier schools. Figured I'd wait to get my scores in August before writing secondaries for mid and high tier schools, but that might not be smart since I believe you should have secondaries done by labor day?

What's the latest you should finish ALL secondaries by as a general guideline? I won't be getting my MCAT score till August 23rd, but when I finish the test in July, I'm going to write secondaries for all my Low-tier schools. Figured I'd wait to get my scores in August before writing secondaries for mid and high tier schools, but that might not be smart since I believe you should have secondaries done by labor day?
By labor day is considered 'on time'

Reactions: 1 user
A little late, but I submitted June 11 at 12:58am and was verified this morning at 10:05am (I think this is all EST)? 3 transcripts- all received before application was submitted.

Reactions: 1 users
Your app won't be reviewed without an mcat score so you don't need to worry about getting secondaries in until then and many places won't send you a secondary without an mcat first. Just pre-write secondaries for as many as you can starting after your test working from bottom to top like you said so that as soon as you have your score back you can apply to the appropriate schools and fill out the secondaries the day you get them. It sucks potentially writing secondaries you won't use but that will give you the best odds. I'm assuming you verified already or are in the queue?

Your app won't be reviewed without an mcat score so you don't need to worry about getting secondaries in until then and many places won't send you a secondary without an mcat first. Just pre-write secondaries for as many as you can starting after your test working from bottom to top like you said so that as soon as you have your score back you can apply to the appropriate schools and fill out the secondaries the day you get them. It sucks potentially writing secondaries you won't use but that will give you the best odds. I'm assuming you verified already or are in the queue?

I'm in the queue now. I submitted June 27th unfortunately. I wanted to make sure my application was perfect before submitting it. I literally spent 2 months if not more working on perfecting it before submitting it. I'm thinking it'll be verified by my MCAT date which is July 24th.

I'm in the queue now. I submitted June 27th unfortunately. I wanted to make sure my application was perfect before submitting it. I literally spent 2 months if not more working on perfecting it before submitting it. I'm thinking it'll be verified by my MCAT date which is July 24th.
What matter is that it's verified by the time you get your scores back which it definitely will be . All you can do now is make sure your LOR's get in, kill the mcat, and then start pre-writing secondaries 2 days after your mcat (because the first day after is for non-stop day drinking by the pool )

Yeah my LOR's have been in for quite some time now, same goes for transcripts (got them in way before I submitted my app). Yeah, I'm shooting for a 513, and have been improving, but there's just too much information. I've been at this for too long and feel like I've already been through a year of med school honestly, even though I haven't. Worse case scenario lowest score I'd be okay with is a 508.

Yeah my LOR's have been in for quite some time now, same goes for transcripts (got them in way before I submitted my app). Yeah, I'm shooting for a 513, and have been improving, but there's just too much information. I've been at this for too long and feel like I've already been through a year of med school honestly, even though I haven't. Worse case scenario lowest score I'd be okay with is a 508.
Keep at it, only a few weeks left! Remember FL practice exams are your best friend

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news? Hoping to get verified in the next day or two

Any news? Hoping to get verified in the next day or two
Me too. I'm getting antsy here seeing everyone already submitting their secondaries.

Me too. I'm getting antsy here seeing everyone already submitting their secondaries.
Same here. I submitted 6/12 in the early afternoon but still not verified. Hopefully it can be verified by today.

Same here, when did you submit?
Same here. I submitted 6/12 in the early afternoon but still not verified. Hopefully it can be verified by today.
I submitted around the same time, here's hoping we get verified today or tomorrow. How are secondaries coming along?

Same here, when did you submit?

I submitted around the same time, here's hoping we get verified today or tomorrow. How are secondaries coming along?
I got two already and I've been prewriting others but it would be nice to see them in my inbox haha. Those verifications from 6/11 had me hopeful for either today or tomorrow at least, so let's see what happens.

Those verifications from 6/11 had me hopeful for either today or tomorrow at least, so let's see what happens.
Yeah I've been checking the AMCAS website every few minutes, it's a really great habit.

Reactions: 3 users
Submitted 6/12 11am EST and am under review now.

has anyone else been "under review" for a while?

I submitted on 06/11 and have been under review since last Friday afternoon (07/06)...

Last edited:
Verified this morning! Time to get to work on secondaries

has anyone else been "under review" for a while?

I submitted on 06/11 and have been under review since last Friday afternoon (07/06)...

So I said this, and then I called AMCAS and asked if I should be worried there's a problem with my app, and they were like "nah everything's fine" and then I got verified about 2 hours later...

Submitted 06/11 (not sure of time, was based on a transcript)
Verified 07/10 2:21PM EST

Not sure if coincidental or the squeaky wheel really does get the grease.

Just got verified. Submitted 6/12 3:10 PM PST. Verified 7/10 12:02 PM PST

Submitted 6/12
verified 7/10

cant believe it took a month and people who submitted it on 6/1 took 2 weeks..discrepancies are crazy

Submitted 6/12
verified 7/10

cant believe it took a month and people who submitted it on 6/1 took 2 weeks..discrepancies are crazy

Looking at the data from my end it’s even more stark. If you submitted literally as soon as it opens it takes 30 min to 2 hours. If you waited until the end of the day, several days

late to the party...
Submitted June 1 at 12:24 am
Verified June 12

Why are they super slow this year?! Submitted 6/17 and thought I'd be verified by now

Reactions: 2 users
Why are they super slow this year?! Submitted 6/17 and thought I'd be verified by now

I submitted 6/19 and looking at last year’s thread, hoping to be verified by tomorrow or Friday...but who knows

I submitted 6/19 and looking at last year’s thread, hoping to be verified by tomorrow or Friday...but who knows
Unfortunately they're going slow this year and you will be lucky to be verified by next friday

Any 6/13's yet? Was hoping that today would be the day!

Anyone know why it's so slow this cycle? Are there just more applications earlier or is it just a slow year?

Anyone know why it's so slow this cycle? Are there just more applications earlier or is it just a slow year?
I think more people are catching onto the submitting early thing each year so it takes a lot longer to verify all them and everyone else is pushed back

I think more people are catching onto the submitting early thing each year so it takes a lot longer to verify all them and everyone else is pushed back

Under that logic, maybe it will speed up after the first deluge of apps are done, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've been under review (for the second time, after a hold) for three days. The first time was three days, too. Seeing all these super quick times makes me worry. Should I call?

I plan on submitting by this weekend (both transcripts already received). Given this cycle seems to be significantly behind others, am I in worse shape than I had already worried about? Is it to the point where my chances are significantly hurt and I should even consider delaying (guessing not, but just checking haha)?

I plan on submitting by this weekend (both transcripts already received). Given this cycle seems to be significantly behind others, am I in worse shape than I had already worried about? Is it to the point where my chances are significantly hurt and I should even consider delaying (guessing not, but just checking haha)?
No you'll be fine still submitting this weekend. You may miss the first wave of II's to some schools but for the most part you will be on time

no, you will be around average. Remember, if verification is delayed...then it's delayed for everyone else just the same.

In any case, you have about a month of waiting to do, so try to dig deep for some motivation to pre-write secondaries so you can have some quick turnaround when they start rolling in! (some will come before you're verified, depending on the school list)

no, you will be around average. Remember, if verification is delayed...then it's delayed for everyone else just the same.

In any case, you have about a month of waiting to do, so try to dig deep for some motivation to pre-write secondaries so you can have some quick turnaround when they start rolling in! (some will come before you're verified, depending on the school list)

Yes, I had planned to definitely have all of my secondaries pre-written before I’m verified. So just to clarify (I might be extrapolating a bit here): you feel that my chances will be affected trivially if at all, but that I will simply receive interviews later than if I had submitted last month?

Last edited:
Yes, I had planned to definitely have all of my secondaries pre-written before I’m verified. So just to clarify (I might be extrapolating a bit here): you feel that my chances will be affected trivially if at all, but that I will simply receive interviews later than if I had submitted last month?

correct. I don't know about trivial. It's too hard to quantify these things to put a qualifier like trivial on that sentence. I don't think it will keep you out of medical school, and I think that you will get interviews later than you would've otherwise...but you won't be at a significant disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.