2018-2019 University of South Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear anything else? Very anxious, lol. Aren't they supposed to send out at least enough acceptances to fill all the seats by the 15th?

Members don't see this ad.

^^^Does anyone know about when we should be hearing something next?

Reactions: 1 users
Okay, so I took one for the team and emailed Peggy Terrell last Wednesday. She said "The Alternate list will be set next week and you'll be notified shortly after. Then it's a waiting game as we accept people throughout the summer as others withdraw."

So yes, they did send out their ~70 acceptances, just nobody who got one let us know on here. If we haven't heard back I think it's safe to assume we're on the alternate list.

Members don't see this ad :)
They said they will start processing aid from the end of March. I guess anytime soon...

During the interviews, was anyone else told that they try to make sure the majority of the applicants on the alternate list get accepted?

During the interviews, was anyone else told that they try to make sure the majority of the applicants on the alternate list get accepted?

I don’t remember that from my interview but I read somewhere before that they do tend to accept a pretty good number from the waitlist though. Can’t remember where so don’t take my word for it though!

Reactions: 1 user
Since the last day for final decisions was yesterday, has anyone on the waitlist been called yet?

If anyone has updates please post them, would love to see when the waitlist starts moving

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance from here today! Great school but had an offer I couldn't pass up. Hope the spot goes to someone very deserving!

So I heard Mr. Scott is on vacay until May 13....don’t really know what that means for us but I haven’t heard of anyone getting any type of calls since April 30, super confused

• Sad
Update- just got accepted off the waitlist via email! Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 4 users
Just read on the USA COM website that a $100 deposit is due on April 30 from accepted students....I didn't know this...
it was but I did hear that they'll still give people who didn't pay on time a grace period before they take them off their acceptance list

cool makes me feel better lol! thanks
lol made me feel better too. plus I feel like $100 isn't that much to put down to hold the spot if you're not entirely sure you'll go there so even ppl who put down the deposit could still end up changing their mind later...hopeful thoughts

update - got accepted off the waitlist this morning via email as well, good luck to you all! *no longer a nervous wreck*

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the wait list!! Alabama resident, November interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Assuming there hasn't been a lot of movement on the waitlist since no one is posting. All updates appreciated! :)

Update- just got accepted off the waitlist via email! Good luck to everyone else!
Hi! If you don't mind, could you please share your stats? Also were you in state or out of state? Also willing to message you if you don't mind :)

Last edited:
I guess waitlist movement should be wrapping up now considering orientation is in a little over a week.

Sorry to bump an old post like this but any of you remember when the scholarships /financial aid decisions came out? Also any info on how many scholarships were given out etc. Thanks fr