2024-2025 Alabama

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

If noone heard back it might be a good sign. That they made so many acceptances they need to spend all of tomorrow making calls. Or that deliberations lasted so long that it was too late to start making calls
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First tier means you have about a one in three chance of getting off (they choose around 50 and let off about 13-19 per year)

Second tier has never had a chance in recent years
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have not received any communication from them since my interview and am questioning if something got messed up. I never got the emails about the "campus tour" that my friend did and other things. Anyone else have this problem?
 
IS Post-II R received this morning 🙁
Interviewed in early October. Honestly so devastated and emotionally exhausted having to wait this long to hear back and have it not be an A or WL. Congrats to those accepted!!
 
I am from Alabama, but I am currently taking a gap year and working as a research assistant out of state. I have been in this position for the past year and plan to continue for another year. Will this affect my eligibility for in-state residency status?
 
I am from Alabama, but I am currently taking a gap year and working as a research assistant out of state. I have been in this position for the past year and plan to continue for another year. Will this affect my eligibility for in-state residency status?
Residency for Tuition Purposes – The Office of the University Registrar – The University of Alabama | The University of Alabama this is the information I see about residency on the main UAB website. Based on this, as long as you still have your IDs, taxes, etc. established in Alabama, you should be good
 
Does anyone know how to decline uab’s offer? I don’t see anywhere to do it in the portal. The decision page is like “locked in” it seems… won’t let me change to decline.
 
UA Tuscaloosa is not UAB
check with UAB admissions
meant to type main UA website, but the info on the UAB website is essentially the same. Tuition policies are based on Alabama law, so they cannot vary greatly. Still the same in respect to IDs, taxes, etc.
 
1745426894881.png

Does anyone know if that 50-75 number refers to both tiers of the waitlist or just the first tier?
 
Does anyone know of someone who's been taken off the WL? Wondering if there's just a lack of reporting online or if they haven't started yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure if yall heard, but they accepted too many people/not as many people decided to go elsewhere as they had assumed would, so they’re asking incoming students to defer to next year. I’m reading between the lines that, unless a huge number of students willingly defer, no one is getting off the WL this year.
 
Not sure if yall heard, but they accepted too many people/not as many people decided to go elsewhere as they had assumed would, so they’re asking incoming students to defer to next year. I’m reading between the lines that, unless a huge number of students willingly defer, no one is getting off the WL this year.
That's absolutely wild but thanks for sharing.