You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Alabama
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
g0_dawgs
New Member
Thank you, they did say not many calls would come from this committee meeting from our date so don't get discouraged!! PCT is the primary care trackOof I interviewed that date, silence for me. Congrats though!! What's PCT btw
wizardofOZempic
Full Member
IS interviewed 10/3, haven't heard back yet but fingers crossed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dirtybrownwater
Full Member
Anyone know when the committee meets again?
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Anyone know when the committee meets again?
According to a previous image in this thread, Jan 9
Also an IS 10/3 interviewee that hasn’t heard back lol🤞IS interviewed 10/3, haven't heard back yet but fingers crossed
inquisitiveapricot15
New Member
does anyone know if UAB accepts pre-II update letters?
doctornugget
Full Member
OOS II just now. Complete 11/12. I saw openings on 1/23 and 1/30, didn’t check February.
Hello everyone,
Congratulations to those who have been accepted, and best wishes to those still waiting to hear back.
I’m renting out my condo, which is just a 5 minute walk from the UAB. It’s located in the Bristol Southside Condos, a fantastic area where many residents are medical, dental, or nursing students. The unit is a fully renovated one-bedroom condo. I lived there throughout my four years of dental school and truly appreciated the convenience of walking home between classes or for lunch. Additionally, Publix, Starbucks, Chipotle, and several other great options are also just a short walk away, all in a safe and vibrant neighborhood.
I’d love to help out a new student and am happy to work out a great deal for anyone interested. Feel free to reach out if you’d like more details!
Congratulations to those who have been accepted, and best wishes to those still waiting to hear back.
I’m renting out my condo, which is just a 5 minute walk from the UAB. It’s located in the Bristol Southside Condos, a fantastic area where many residents are medical, dental, or nursing students. The unit is a fully renovated one-bedroom condo. I lived there throughout my four years of dental school and truly appreciated the convenience of walking home between classes or for lunch. Additionally, Publix, Starbucks, Chipotle, and several other great options are also just a short walk away, all in a safe and vibrant neighborhood.
I’d love to help out a new student and am happy to work out a great deal for anyone interested. Feel free to reach out if you’d like more details!
dirtybrownwater
Full Member
Any acceptances here? Silence on CycleTrack and admit.org
I don’t know if they just decided not to meet or there is just major underreporting on the cycle trackers. I’d just like some sort of status update from uab, at the very least lolAny acceptances here? Silence on CycleTrack and admit.org
custardrepeat
Full Member
OOS pre-II R
BuzzLightyr
Full Member
IS R. Why does my state hate me... Hope you others get better news.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Do they send vital signs to everyone or just a subset of the post ii applicants
casualleon
Full Member
I sprinted here because I just got the same email and I was confused if it means anything lmaoDo they send vital signs to everyone or just a subset of the post ii applicants
Idk tbh I just got the 2nd issueWas there a vital signs issue #1? I got the one from yesterday but not before.
wizardofOZempic
Full Member
any updates for anyone from today’s committee meeting?
dirtybrownwater
Full Member
Nope still silence. Interviewed 12/5 and adcom told us we'd hear back in January so no clue...
dirtybrownwater
Full Member
1 A on admit.org and cycletrack on 1/31 and a lot more rejections on both. Is it safe to say if you haven't heard back you're waitlisted?
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
1 A on admit.org and cycletrack on 1/31 and a lot more rejections on both. Is it safe to say if you haven't heard back you're waitlisted?
UAB tends to keep a tiny waitlist, so a rejection is sadly more likely for us
medical_law
New Member
+1 A Interviewed 1/23
Congratulations!! Are you IS or OOS?+1 A Interviewed 1/23
medical_law
New Member
Thank you! I'm ISCongratulations!! Are you IS or OOS?
D
deleted1195515
Slightly concerning as I also interviewed on 1/23 😬 but silence for me
daughterdoctor
New Member
Anyone received any update from the ADCOM for the 01/30 interview? Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thisismyusernam3
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed 1/9 for the Primary Care Track heard back? It's now been 2 committee meetings that have passed. Getting worried because I've been ghosted by all the other schools I sent secondaries to 😵
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Anyone interview in the Fall (Sept/Oct) and still not hear back?
Heyo
casualleon
Full Member
🙋🏻♀️🙋🏻♀️ is this a soft r do we think?? i thought my interview went wellAnyone interview in the Fall (Sept/Oct) and still not hear back?
I have no clue.. I thought mine went well too but I'm also OOS and I know there are far fewer spots. Well at least good to know I'm not the only one enduring nearly half a year of silence. Hang in there..🙋🏻♀️🙋🏻♀️ is this a soft r do we think?? i thought my interview went well
wizardofOZempic
Full Member
🙋♀️🙋♀️🙋♀️ An IS here who interviewed early October and I thought it went great. Have sadly heard nothing backAnyone interview in the Fall (Sept/Oct) and still not hear back?
Last edited:
Unfortunately, I have just accepted that they won’t get back to me until they form the waitlist.Anyone interview in the Fall (Sept/Oct) and still not hear back?
D
deleted1195515
Anyone else panicking about 2/27's decision date? Interviewed on 1/23
dirtybrownwater
Full Member
This might just be my paranoia but did anyone see a "Campus Preference" tab appear on the portal? Swear that wasn't there before...
D
deleted1195515
It appeared for me too but, if you look at last year's UAB SDN thread, it appeared for everyone under consideration (not necessarily only accepted applicants). I think UAB just wants us to fill it out so it's ready if UAB accepts usThis might just be my paranoia but did anyone see a "Campus Preference" tab appear on the portal? Swear that wasn't there before...
D
deleted1195515
Anyone hear anything from the 2/27 notification date?
wizardofOZempic
Full Member
I heard back nothing 2/27. I think they make acceptance phone calls today as well.Anyone hear anything from the 2/27 notification date?
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Cycletrack shows one acceptance yesterday
alabama123
New Member
+1 IS A. Got phone call yesterday (2/27) at 4:30pm.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Congrats! When did you interview?+1 IS A. Got phone call yesterday (2/27) at 4:30pm.
alabama123
New Member
Thank you!Congrats! When did you interview?
Interviewed 1/23.
Best of luck! There are still more committee meetings!
daughterdoctor
New Member
1 A @ admit.org