This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any luck calling their waitlist schools and getting info about WL movement?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you think movement is over after CTE?

Historically, this school has accepted students pretty last minute from two weeks before school starts to the day before. So I don't think it's over. That's why I wonder whether I can even still try to send a small blurb reiterating I'm ready to drop everything to go (I'm honestly even thinking about bluffing that I'll drop other waitlists). This school apparently also hasn't released their financial aid packages so I know some people are holding on to acceptances just because of that.

@gyngyn do you still believe July will hold a great deal of movement based on the recent patterns? My WL school has had none that I've heard of and the CTE is in July.
I've had a hard time identifying a pattern. Let's wait for mid July.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I have 1 acceptance where I have 2 weeks to commit but my #1 school is full and I’m still on the waitlist. Should I call or just count my blessings and commit?

Hey guys, I have 1 acceptance where I have 2 weeks to commit but my #1 school is full and I’m still on the waitlist. Should I call or just count my blessings and commit?
I would call your #1 school and explain the situation to them and see if they can give you any information about likelihood of WL movement and/or your position on the waitlist. I did that with one school and got helpful information.

Reactions: 4 users
I would call your #1 school and explain the situation to them and see if they can give you any information about likelihood of WL movement and/or your position on the waitlist. I did that with one school and got helpful information.

Just wondering what sort of helpful information did you get?

Reactions: 2 users
Quick question, a lot of you are posting about updating your school with a LOI. The school I’m waitlisted at sent an email back in December stating specifically there are no updates to be sent after December 1st, only thank you letters. Seeing as how my interview wasn’t until after that deadline, is it okay to send LOI after being waitlisted, or does the school’s request still apply?

Just wondering what sort of helpful information did you get?
One of my WL schools told me that it would be unlikely based on current movement and my current position on the waitlist that I would be accepted. They did say they could be wrong but it was good to have an idea where I stood, even though it wasn’t the best news.

• Sad
For those reapplying this cycle, when are you submitting all of your secondaries and adding on additional schools to your throwaway? Is anyone waiting for after CTE deadlines? I don’t want to make the same mistake of applying late but I also don’t want to spend $3k if i don’t need to :confused:
you can always write your secondaries right now that way when you application verifies you will get many of the secondaries immediately and you already have them written. might not be a bad idea

hey folks, talked to West Virginia U, for those of you rejected/waitlisted they are willing to set up a phone appointment and go line by line of why you did not get an A. just a heads up

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
im worried bc my medical school starts before then :(
Fam I often see success stories about people getting in after 2 or 3 cycles. I just saw a few on reddit today. Do your best to have hope--I know it's hard! I am in the same boat as you, so I know. We'll get in eventually

Fam I often see success stories about people getting in after 2 or 3 cycles. I just saw a few on reddit today. Do your best to have hope--I know it's hard! I am in the same boat as you, so I know. We'll get in eventually
One of my classmates at the post back program I did got into Duke on her FOURTH application cycle. It sucks being in limbo for so long but I truly believe if you continually improve yourself and stay dedicated, good things will come

Edit: post-bacc**, damn autocorrect

Last edited:
One of my classmates at the post back program I did got into Duke on her FOURTH application cycle. It sucks bring in limbo for so long but I truly believe if you continually improve yourself and stay dedicated, good things will come

Edit: post-bacc**, damn autocorrect
I think adcom autocorrected my acceptance to a waitlist by mistake, maybe they should check that lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone have any thoughts for or against sending a brief letter of intent at this point? Something along the lines of "I would CTE in a heartbeat if given the opportunity to attend your school." I'm not sure there is a lot of value in it since the school in question has a tiered waitlist.

Does anyone have any thoughts for or against sending a brief letter of intent at this point? Something along the lines of "I would CTE in a heartbeat if given the opportunity to attend your school." I'm not sure there is a lot of value in it since the school in question has a tiered waitlist.
see many of the other places that wrote about this online, the LOI does not carry much weight except that you took some time to write it because ultimately there is nothing to prevent you from sending it everywhere. that said, I would still send one

had a school send me a waitlist offer email that i responded to which they then said was a mistake.
it might be a good way to get the email of the director of admissions and explain how it was your top choice and you would matriculate if accepted. if you keep it positive it probably will not hurt you

maybe idk.. i think i deleted it because i was so crestfallen from the situation. went from feeling ok about the waitlist to feeling terrible. especially how rudely the situation was handled. this happened while interview seasons was still going on.

You’re five-feet-nothing. A hundred and nothing. And you’ve got hardly a speck of athletic ability. And you hung in with the best . . .

I won't say the desitination doesn't matter, but the journey does too.

You’re five-feet-nothing. A hundred and nothing. And you’ve got hardly a speck of athletic ability. And you hung in with the best . . .

I won't say the desitination doesn't matter, but the journey does too.

he was offsides

My waitlist school usually has a class of 140. I know that there are some current students in the FB group, and there are some people planning to matriculate who either don't have a FB or aren't in the group, so the number could be inaccurate in either direction. But it is still so soul-crushing seeing it grow to 150 people now.

It's just a shame. I felt incredibly fortunate to interview there and everyone seemed so nice and so happy to be there. I know CTE is still to come but it seems like the amount of movement here has already been more than in past years so the potential for more is probably exhausted, and for the past two cycles there have been 0 acceptances after mid June on SDN, probably one or two were given out and not reported but the chance is basically 0% :(

I wouldn't get too discouraged. I'm sure that many of those people are staff members or existing students. One of the schools, I interviewed at has a facebook group of 350 people for a class of under 200 and they are still accepting people of the waitlist.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
My waitlist school usually has a class of 140. I know that there are some current students in the FB group, and there are some people planning to matriculate who either don't have a FB or aren't in the group, so the number could be inaccurate in either direction. But it is still so soul-crushing seeing it grow to 150 people now.

It's just a shame. I felt incredibly fortunate to interview there and everyone seemed so nice and so happy to be there. I know CTE is still to come but it seems like the amount of movement here has already been more than in past years so the potential for more is probably exhausted, and for the past two cycles there have been 0 acceptances after mid June on SDN, probably one or two were given out and not reported but the chance is basically 0% :(
I know it’s tough man. As someone who has been on waitlists for the past 2 cycles and just submitted my third app, my advice is to forget about those waitlists. We were essentially rejected once we received those waitlist decisions. Forget about this cycle and focus on improving your app and submitting early. You’ll save yourself some sanity

Reactions: 6 users
I know it’s tough man. As someone who has been on waitlists for the past 2 cycles and just submitted my third app, my advice is to forget about those waitlists. We were essentially rejected once we received those waitlist decisions. Forget about this cycle and focus on improving your app and submitting early. You’ll save yourself some sanity

Your name and picture stress me out ._.

Just curious, you ever apply DO? Or MD only

I know everyone has been saying not to look at the # of people in the facebook group, but what I've been doing is comparing the size of the class of 2023 group to the class of 2022 group. That might better account for the extra people.

Since the # of students in a med school's class will be clear after CTE, is WL movement to be anticipated the day after a school's CTE deadline or a few days after since they probably need some time assessing numbers and people to come off a WL? I apologize, I know this sounds a bit neurotic.

Since the # of students in a med school's class will be clear after CTE, is WL movement to be anticipated the day after a school's CTE deadline or a few days after since they probably need some time assessing numbers and people to come off a WL? I apologize, I know this sounds a bit neurotic.

It will occur around 10:23am EST the following day.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
It will occur around 10:23am EST the following day.
How many seconds into 10:23 tho??? This imprecision is unacceptable!

Reactions: 10 users

I had the same thoughts so cheers neurotic buddy!

two of my three schools have said their class is full and they won’t have mvmt “barring emergencies” and the third is straight up ghosting me whoooooo

• Sad
two of my three schools have said their class is full and they won’t have mvmt “barring emergencies” and the third is straight up ghosting me whoooooo
thats what toledo said.... until they had movement almost a month after their CTE deadline.

Beginning to write for secondaries and see the question what have you done since graduation. Well I finished Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, Overlord, Erased, Re Zero, Kuroko No Basket, Assaination Classroom, Oregairu, Promised Neverland, and watching Attack on Titan epicness now. I believe this counts.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Beginning to write for secondaries and see the question what have you done since graduation. Well I finished Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, Overlord, Erased, Re Zero, Kuroko No Basket, Assaination Classroom, Oregairu, Promised Neverland, and watching Attack on Titan epicness now. I believe this counts.

Oh, and by the way I cured cancer and saved dying children in Africa. Just on the side you know, nbd

• Haha
Spent a full week on the East coast and managed to not think much about life in that time period. Now I’m going back home still on the waitlist ‍♀️

Have you seen Steins;Gate or ReLIFE? Based on your list you might like those two as well. :)

(Currently watching AoT and on the edge of my seat every Sunday).

Have you seen Steins;Gate or ReLIFE? Based on your list you might like those two as well. :)

(Currently watching AoT and on the edge of my seat every Sunday).

I think it's fair to say med school is the beast titan, my goal this cycle is to be Levi. Watch at your own risk,

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check those out

Status
Not open for further replies.